08-07-2012 11:06 PM
170 12345 ...
tools
    My phone has been Cannibal-ized! Tried Flash-Image GUI, but it didn't seem to work. Used the terminal instead and it worked fine.
    From terminal
    su
    flash_image recovery image_name.img

image_name.img is whatever you have renamed your recovery image to.
    Worked well for me, ymmv
    Flash-Image GUI works for me, you just need to have the name "recovery" (all lower case) in the filename and it works.
    06-21-2012 12:02 AM
    Flash-Image GUI works for me, you just need to have the name "recovery" (all lower case) in the filename and it works.

P.S. I think it's a good idea to use "erase_image recovery" first, just in case, to make sure there's nothing left over from the other one after you write the image.
    Do NOT do erase_image recovery. Ever. Simply flashing a recovery image overwrites the recovery partition anyway, and erasing it completely can open a huge can of worms.
    sblood86 and BuggerZ like this.
    06-21-2012 02:06 AM

P.S. I think it's a good idea to use "erase_image recovery" first, just in case, to make sure there's nothing left over from the other one after you write the image.
    Do NOT do erase_image recovery. Ever. Simply flashing a recovery image overwrites the recovery partition anyway, and erasing it completely can open a huge can of worms.
    There was actually a dev a few months ago on the kindle forums (different device but similar danger), was bored and decided to play around by erasing his bootloader before flashing a new one. Well the device shutdown after the erase (the assumption is that the battery was low and fastboot doesn't properly pass power). Anyway, to keep it short let's say he did fix it; but if I recall it required him to crack the case and use omap4boot (we have no such option for the optimus line).

I hope that near bricking story reinforces Drew's above statement; please don't use erase_image, it's just not necessary (at all).
    06-21-2012 02:20 AM
    This recovery is AMAZING!!! now if there was a way to put this on my OM, which I'm sure there is, I just don't know how to build/port one...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-21-2012 09:51 AM
    Ok so it's working on the kindle fire, it shouldn't be too hard to get this working on the optimus M....
    06-21-2012 01:23 PM
    Ok so it's working on the kindle fire, it shouldn't be too hard to get this working on the optimus M....
    The kindle version is significantly different despite the similarities and name. The landscape layout, non-present e2fs tools (there's no sdcard etc to use them on) are just some.

Having said that you could still look into porting it but you would want to base off the optimus repo on Drew's bitbucket rather than the kindle repo on my github.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
    06-21-2012 01:39 PM
    The kindle version is significantly different despite the similarities and name. The landscape layout, non-present e2fs tools (there's no sdcard etc to use them on) are just some.

Having said that you could still look into porting it but you would want to base off the optimus repo on Drew's bitbucket rather than the kindle repo on my github.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
    I know that it would be significantly different on the Kindle Fire lol, that's why I plan on using the V source I port roms from the V to the M and I made my V work completely on metropcs, I've built a few kernels from sources for testing stuff....I just need to learn how to build a recovery from source, figure out which file(s) from the CWM source for OM that I would have to replace in the cannibal source...
    06-21-2012 02:53 PM
    Just went to download this (again) and can't find the md5sum in the OP...?
    06-21-2012 11:58 PM
    Oh, and is there any way to show a visual error when we run out of space installing?

I just ran across this issue with quattrimus aokp. The gapps install looks fine but doesn't work because it doesn't completely install.
    06-22-2012 12:41 AM
    Oh, and is there any way to show a visual error when we run out of space installing?

I just ran across this issue with quattrimus aokp. The gapps install looks fine but doesn't work because it doesn't completely install.
    That's something I definitely want to implement, and technically it shouldn't be insanely hard to do. We're just working on some big merges right now.

And about the md5sum, I'm just lazy. I'll get it up there some time tomorrow.
    tdm likes this.
    06-22-2012 12:47 AM
    @drewwalton, man you made my $25 bad ESN optimus v something worth buying from eBay, thanks for being a freaking amazing dev!!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-22-2012 01:34 AM
    I tried installing Cold As Ice 15d and this happened

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_LS670" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_LS670"
    Error in the zip (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

any ideas of what might fix it?
    06-22-2012 03:42 AM

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_LS670" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_LS670"
    Installation aborted.

Sounds like thekraven hasnt put the device asserts compatible with cannibal into the rom zip.

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
    (Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)
    06-22-2012 04:15 AM

Installation aborted.

try bobz recovery...
    VM670NH_recovery.img
    Ryuk6666 likes this.
    06-22-2012 06:07 AM
    just tried to restore a nand (made with this recovery), and got stuck on bootlogo...
    06-22-2012 06:09 AM
    just tried to restore a nand (made with this recovery), and got stuck on bootlogo...
    Really? A nand of which rom? Ive restored 3 different nands (cm9, G-T-R, and stock) and haven't had this problem...

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
    (Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)
    06-22-2012 06:19 AM
    mine (built off jerrys repo), it restored once without any noticible problems... but had tried it again, and hung on boot logo... so i fresh installed before i hopped on here... all is well... just wanted to note it...
    Ryuk6666 likes this.
    06-22-2012 06:31 AM
    try bobz recovery...
    VM670NH_recovery.img
    That does not work either. All of the ones I tried came up with the same error.
    06-22-2012 09:56 AM
    In the rom go to /meta-inf/com/google/android/updater-script open it with notepad and delete everything before the first semi-colon and also the first semicolon. After that save and repackage into rom.....if using winrar/7zip a prompt will ask if you want to update the zip, press yes, if using windows explorer to open the zip, go get 7zip or winrar....
    06-22-2012 10:14 AM
    @sammyz--- man youre on it!... thanks for posting this in all relevant threads... the excessive posts of the same problem were beginning to clog things up... good job!... :-)
    sammyz likes this.
    06-22-2012 11:24 AM
    @sammy--- man youre on it!... thanks for posting this in all relevant threads... the excessive posts of the same problem were beginning to clog things up... good job!... :-)
    Just installed quattrimus AOKP by doing this with cannibal. I know this because of porting V roms to the optimus M.

EDIT: Must disable signature verification.
    puffen619 likes this.
    06-22-2012 11:25 AM
    try bobz recovery...
    VM670NH_recovery.img
    I tried bobz, jerrys green and drews cannibal and I got the same error for all of them.
    I will try sammyz12 suggestion and I'll report back in a bit.
    06-22-2012 11:26 AM
    I tried bobz, jerrys green and drews cannibal and I got the same error for all of them.
    I will try sammyz12 suggestion and I'll report back in a bit.
    It works, and call me sammyz please...sammyz and sammyz1 was already taken here when I signed up....
    06-22-2012 11:28 AM
    It works, and call me sammyz please...sammyz and sammyz1 was already taken here when I signed up....
    No problem, thanks!

I followed the steps, edited, saved and packaged the updater-script, turned signature verification off and now I get stuck on the cyanogenmod logo

what am I doing wrong?
    06-22-2012 11:53 AM
    No problem, thanks!

I followed the steps, edited, saved and packaged the updater-script, turned signature verification off and now I get stuck on the cyanogenmod logo

what am I doing wrong?
    It takes 5 minutes or less....first boot takes forever.

You didn't extract and rezip did you?
    06-22-2012 11:56 AM
170 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD