08-07-2012 10:06 PM
170 ... 34567
tools
    Flashed this using flash image GUI for the first time. Rebooted into recovery and now it takes me to the blue fast boot screen. Im sure it was due to some sort of negligence on my part and I can still boot into my rom so no worries there. Just wondering if all I have to do is flash the recovery again manually and it will be fine or are there extra steps to solving this issue? Thanks.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-26-2012 03:26 PM
    Flashed this using flash image GUI for the first time. Rebooted into recovery and now it takes me to the blue fast boot screen. Im sure it was due to some sort of negligence on my part and I can still boot into my rom so no worries there. Just wondering if all I have to do is flash the recovery again manually and it will be fine or are there extra steps to solving this issue? Thanks.

If using Flash-Image GUI it is best that the recoveries name be renamed to "recovery.img."
    06-26-2012 04:48 PM
    Drew, please change the product device string to just "thunderc".

"thunderc_VM670" is incorrect, regardless of what blarf did in IHO.

Here is the assert from the official VM ZV9 update:

Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" ||
           getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc");
    And from the ZV9 build.prop:

Code:
    ro.build.id=FRG83G
    ro.build.display.id=ZV9.479A6632
    ro.build.version.incremental=ZV9.479A6632
    ro.build.version.sdk=8
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=2.2.2
    ro.build.date=Mon Jan 30 10:42:53 KST 2012
    ro.build.date.utc=1327887773
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.build.user=lge
    ro.build.host=LGEARND3U8
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=VM670
    ro.product.brand=VirginMobile
    ro.product.name=thunderc
    ro.product.device=thunderc
    ro.product.board=thunderc
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=LGE
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=US
    ro.board.platform=msm7k
    ro.board.chipset=msm7627
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    ro.build.product=thunderc
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    ro.build.description=thunderc-user 2.2.2 FRG83G ZV9.479A6632 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=VirginMobile/LGE/thunderc/thunderc:2.2.2/FRG83G/ZV9.479A6632:user/release-keys
    So this is the problem with CWM-Blue not being able to flash CM9 ROM'S, if so well have the fix soon.
    06-26-2012 05:05 PM
    Yeah I did that first out of habit and got stuck at fast boot. It doesn't matter to me how I flash this. I had just never tried the GUI before. So, do I need to do anything special or can I just ADB this mofo?

06-26-2012 06:00 PM
    Yeah I did that first out of habit and got stuck at fast boot. It doesn't matter to me how I flash this. I had just never tried the GUI before. So, do I need to do anything special or can I just ADB this mofo?

should be able to adb it. if you still get fastboot, it was probably a bad download
    cole2kb likes this.
    06-26-2012 06:04 PM
    Agreed ^
    It was most likely a bad download, download again, rename it recovery.img, flash with flash gui

Sent from VM670 on MetroPCS
    cole2kb likes this.
    06-26-2012 07:19 PM
    I just installed COTv1.2 on my OV. Took all of 2 minutes, downloaded the Zip install and went from CWM-Green recovery (can confirm it works).

2 words: it ROCKS! Best recovery so far, hands down. The UI is superclean and easy to navigate thanks to Touch controls. The color customization is friggin cool. Using Citrus Orange myself.

All in all, GREAT job you guys. Thanks a bunch!
    06-27-2012 09:33 PM
    Citrus orange is my favorite, easiest for me to read.

Sadly enough I added that HTML color code when i couldn't think of what colors to use and someone suggested a Pokemon (no I don't remember which Pokemon yes like most of you I hate Pokemon), funny how things work out though.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
    06-28-2012 12:32 AM
    Citrus orange is my favorite, easiest for me to read.

Sadly enough I added that HTML color code when i couldn't think of what colors to use and someone suggested a Pokemon (no I don't remember which Pokemon yes like most of you I hate Pokemon), funny how things work out though.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using
    Android Central Forums

Hahaha a Pokemon color! That's effin hilarious! Lol
    06-28-2012 01:32 AM
    Just verified this worked with GooManagerBeta and OpenRecoveryScript.
    06-28-2012 11:50 AM
    Hey drew, the last recovery sblood86 made for OM works!
    This will actually be the first recovery that has a "reboot recovery fix" .......I don't think OM's have that problem..... and first touch screen recovery for OM
    06-28-2012 12:29 PM

Did you get it flashing with GUI

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-28-2012 01:29 PM
    Did you get it flashing with GUI

I've tried this a couple times w/ Flash GUI and haven't been successful yet. Not enough time or courage to try another way yet.
    06-28-2012 05:51 PM
    i renamed it to drewsnewrecovery.img and it has worked via gui or terminal with no problems at all... tested multiple times...
    inceyet likes this.
    06-28-2012 06:00 PM
    i renamed it to drewsnewrecovery.img and it has worked via gui or terminal with no problems at all... tested multiple times...
    Ya. In order to make it work with Flash GUI you have to have lowercase "recovery" somewhere in the name.
    06-28-2012 08:02 PM
    Word thanks....now here's the hundred dollar question I've been using the illest roms G-T-R and tdm's cm9 are they compatible with this recovery.... just so many pages to go through and drew thanks to you and all involved for this :thumbup::thumbup:

06-28-2012 08:49 PM
    OK so i'm special apparently. When I get to the recovery how do I actually install the stuff?
    06-28-2012 09:16 PM
    OK so i'm special apparently. When I get to the recovery how do I actually install the stuff?
    read all of the stickies before you start installing stuff.
    inceyet likes this.
    06-28-2012 09:56 PM
    first you need a ROM..... I recommend BACKside as your first due to the fact everything works and very customizable.
    06-28-2012 09:57 PM
    yo that worked good looking out.... drew this recovery is sick. Thanks for the hard work and to anyone else involved :thumbup::thumbup:

06-29-2012 01:05 AM
    What kind of sd-ext partition does this recovery create? I want to set up link2sd on Cold As Ice and I know the app asks what kind of partition you have, and I don't remember ever seeing an option to let me choose which one I make.
    06-29-2012 07:14 AM
    What kind of sd-ext partition does this recovery create? I want to set up link2sd on Cold As Ice and I know the app asks what kind of partition you have, and I don't remember ever seeing an option to let me choose which one I make.
    Is it sad that I had to look that up?

Code:
    setenv("SDPATH", sddevice, 1);
                    sprintf(cmd, "sdparted -es %s -ss %s -efs ext3 -s", ext_sizes[ext_size], swap_sizes[swap_size]);
                    ui_print("Partitioning SD Card... please wait...\n");
    Never actually used the function or looked at it but as you can tell in the above (taken from extendedcommands.c) it uses ext3.
    cole2kb and Badboytoast like this.
    06-29-2012 11:55 AM
    I've tried this a couple times w/ Flash GUI and haven't been successful yet. Not enough time or courage to try another way yet.
    Sucess!!! I finally got this flashed w/ Flash GUI. I had to use ES File explorer to mount the system as writable first and then it worked like a charm.
    06-30-2012 03:18 PM
    Thanks for all the hard work drew, I've moved to Motorola.

sent from my miui ics triumph using inverted blue tapatalk 2
    06-30-2012 09:33 PM
    I like this recovery. But is there a way to turn off automatic back up everytime I flash. I don't think I need to backup when I'm flashing a boot animation

dbacon84 and sammyz like this.
    07-01-2012 12:10 PM
170 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD