[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.1 (HUGE update!)

Awesome! Thanks so much for your hard work!

P.S. Top of your main post says v1.0.1 instead of v1.1

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes qua..beta1pre3 flash with no problems using this recovery also I haven't had no reboots , this mean two things 1 this recovery wipes really good or 2 tdm Rom is at its strongest point :D
P.s over clocked at 480-825 scary!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Yes qua..beta1pre3 flash with no problems using this recovery also I haven't had no reboots , this mean two things 1 this recovery wipes really good or 2 tdm Rom is at its strongest point :D
P.s over clocked at 480-825 scary!

or both!... :)

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

My phone has been Cannibal-ized! Tried Flash-Image GUI, but it didn't seem to work. Used the terminal instead and it worked fine.
From terminal
su
flash_image recovery image_name.img

image_name.img is whatever you have renamed your recovery image to.
Worked well for me, ymmv

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site

My phone has been Cannibal-ized! Tried Flash-Image GUI, but it didn't seem to work. Used the terminal instead and it worked fine.
From terminal
su
flash_image recovery image_name.img

image_name.img is whatever you have renamed your recovery image to.
Worked well for me, ymmv
Flash-Image GUI works for me, you just need to have the name "recovery" (all lower case) in the filename and it works.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Flash-Image GUI works for me, you just need to have the name "recovery" (all lower case) in the filename and it works.

P.S. I think it's a good idea to use "erase_image recovery" first, just in case, to make sure there's nothing left over from the other one after you write the image.

Do NOT do erase_image recovery. Ever. Simply flashing a recovery image overwrites the recovery partition anyway, and erasing it completely can open a huge can of worms.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

P.S. I think it's a good idea to use "erase_image recovery" first, just in case, to make sure there's nothing left over from the other one after you write the image.

Do NOT do erase_image recovery. Ever. Simply flashing a recovery image overwrites the recovery partition anyway, and erasing it completely can open a huge can of worms.

There was actually a dev a few months ago on the kindle forums (different device but similar danger), was bored and decided to play around by erasing his bootloader before flashing a new one. Well the device shutdown after the erase (the assumption is that the battery was low and fastboot doesn't properly pass power). Anyway, to keep it short let's say he did fix it; but if I recall it required him to crack the case and use omap4boot (we have no such option for the optimus line).

I hope that near bricking story reinforces Drew's above statement; please don't use erase_image, it's just not necessary (at all).

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
This recovery is AMAZING!!! :D now if there was a way to put this on my OM, which I'm sure there is, I just don't know how to build/port one...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Ok so it's working on the kindle fire, it shouldn't be too hard to get this working on the optimus M....

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok so it's working on the kindle fire, it shouldn't be too hard to get this working on the optimus M....

The kindle version is significantly different despite the similarities and name. The landscape layout, non-present e2fs tools (there's no sdcard etc to use them on) are just some.

Having said that you could still look into porting it but you would want to base off the optimus repo on Drew's bitbucket rather than the kindle repo on my github.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

The kindle version is significantly different despite the similarities and name. The landscape layout, non-present e2fs tools (there's no sdcard etc to use them on) are just some.

Having said that you could still look into porting it but you would want to base off the optimus repo on Drew's bitbucket rather than the kindle repo on my github.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

I know that it would be significantly different on the Kindle Fire lol, that's why I plan on using the V source :) I port roms from the V to the M and I made my V work completely on metropcs, I've built a few kernels from sources for testing stuff....I just need to learn how to build a recovery from source, figure out which file(s) from the CWM source for OM that I would have to replace in the cannibal source...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Just went to download this (again) and can't find the md5sum in the OP...?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Oh, and is there any way to show a visual error when we run out of space installing?

I just ran across this issue with quattrimus aokp. The gapps install looks fine but doesn't work because it doesn't completely install.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and is there any way to show a visual error when we run out of space installing?

I just ran across this issue with quattrimus aokp. The gapps install looks fine but doesn't work because it doesn't completely install.

That's something I definitely want to implement, and technically it shouldn't be insanely hard to do. We're just working on some big merges right now.

And about the md5sum, I'm just lazy. I'll get it up there some time tomorrow.

Reactions: tdm
Status
Not open for further replies.