[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/201

What kind of sd-ext partition does this recovery create? I want to set up link2sd on Cold As Ice and I know the app asks what kind of partition you have, and I don't remember ever seeing an option to let me choose which one I make.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

What kind of sd-ext partition does this recovery create? I want to set up link2sd on Cold As Ice and I know the app asks what kind of partition you have, and I don't remember ever seeing an option to let me choose which one I make.

Is it sad that I had to look that up?

Code:
setenv("SDPATH", sddevice, 1);
                sprintf(cmd, "sdparted -es %s -ss %s -efs ext3 -s", ext_sizes[ext_size], swap_sizes[swap_size]);
                ui_print("Partitioning SD Card... please wait...\n");

Never actually used the function or looked at it but as you can tell in the above (taken from extendedcommands.c) it uses ext3.

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I've tried this a couple times w/ Flash GUI and haven't been successful yet. Not enough time or courage to try another way yet.

Sucess!!! I finally got this flashed w/ Flash GUI. I had to use ES File explorer to mount the system as writable first and then it worked like a charm.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I like this recovery. But is there a way to turn off automatic back up everytime I flash. I don't think I need to backup when I'm flashing a boot animation

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: sammyz and dbacon84

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I like this recovery. But is there a way to turn off automatic back up everytime I flash. I don't think I need to backup when I'm flashing a boot animation

Yeh I want to tweak that a bit cause there is no cancel option now either, it's either backup or don't and watch the flash continue...

Try adding .cotconfirmnandroid to your clockworkmod folder just like the overrides for ORS.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeh I want to tweak that a bit cause there is no cancel option now either, it's either backup or don't and watch the flash continue...

Try adding .cotconfirmnandroid to your clockworkmod folder just like the overrides for ORS.

Where do I get the cotconfirmnandroid from or do it??. New to flashing custom recoverys

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Bump.

Usb isnt working for me. (Sorry if posted already)

And that Nandroid option needs some getting use to. :p I made like 7 in 1 day by accident :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Where do I get the cotconfirmnandroid from or do it??. New to flashing custom recoverys

you don't get it anywhere, just like the other overrides for COT you create a file in the folder with that name (make sure you put the dot in front of it or it won't work)

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Bump.

Usb isnt working for me. (Sorry if posted already)

And that Nandroid option needs some getting use to. :p I made like 7 in 1 day by accident :)

It works for me on my optimus v and optimus m, try another USB cable. sblood86 got it working on the M :D

Sent from my Optimus M

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
you don't get it anywhere, just like the other overrides for COT you create a file in the folder with that name (make sure you put the dot in front of it or it won't work)

Worked like a charm.... no more auto backup:D

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried to flash two different kernels and received an error msg. and abort. Went back to my first touch screen recovery and had no problem flashing one of those kernels.
I really like all the debug options and the format system options placement, but need this to be able flash everything, as I'm experimenting with making hybrid ROM's.
Kernels where BobZohme and mrg666 kernels and shouldn't have been a problem.
Thanks for all your work on this and hope this ^ issue can be resolved.
I have already switched my 3 backups to this recovery. I did have to make a backup of my current hybrid using my first Touch screen recovery so I can continue with my testing and experimenting.

Reactions: Badboytoast

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

ext.3 doesn't work with every ROM. The partitioning option does work great for creating a partition, then you can format the partition to FAT32 (works for all ROM's), ext.2, or ext.4 with Mini Tool Partitioning Wizard on your PC.
A lot of people not used to partitioning have a problem creating the actual partition. The option in the recovery is fool proof.

unknownsoldierx

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to correct the time? The display is wrong, and the timestamps in the backup folder names are wrong.

Last edited:

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to correct the time? The display is wrong, and the timestamps in the backup folder names are wrong.

In fact they are not.... CWM has always used GMT for it's timestamps... We may eventually add in a timezone switch but it is not a priority right now... The smallest amount of research and math would reveal this (for example CST is GMT-5 | incidentally only in America do we not recognize this right off the bat {just a commentary on our educational system}).

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
In fact they are not.... CWM has always used GMT for it's timestamps... We may eventually add in a timezone switch but it is not a priority right now... The smallest amount of research and math would reveal this (for example CST is GMT-5 | incidentally only in America do we not recognize this right off the bat {just a commentary on our educational system}).

I think it just depends on how much you paid attention in class. I was taught about GMT at several different grade levels. That being said, I'm home schooling my own kids, so...

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

When I first used CWM based recovery it took me like 2 minutes to figure out that the times stamp was/is GMT. Don't really see the point of add a time switch to the recoveries, since the backup are in order.
Plus this can teach people about the Solar Stand, and fans of Star Trek should know that the show used GMT.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Yea the touch screen controls are great. You don't realize how much better it makes flashing

Yea! Especially if you flash a lot! Don't have to worry about popping you volume/camera buttons out! :D

Reactions: inceyet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463