[ROM][WIP][ICS] The Godzilla Rom - Tweaked And Themed CM9!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded to Godzilla 3.0 and lost root, along with an app or two.
I am on zv9 baseband. Would appreciate suggestion of best way to re-acquire root. SU is missing.
Oh, and play store won't open either.
Thanks
Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded to Godzilla 3.0 and lost root, along with an app or two.
I am on zv9 baseband. Would appreciate suggestion of best way to re-acquire root. SU is missing.
Oh, and play store won't open either.
Thanks
Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

How did this happen to you? before I released this I tested it on my own phone twice :0 You HAVE to follow the install instructions in the OP and PLEASE do not forget to flash Gapps!

Reactions: Badboytoast

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Every time I boot u my screen is off. I have to lock my screen once I unlock it its OK. I will live it doesn't bother me js :) but amazing rom!!

Sent from my at100 using Tapatalk 2

ssaliba93

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I, flashed this and made my screen ed up. I've been flashing roms to my phone for almost a year so i know what I'm doing and never had a problem until right now. Thanks a lot

Reactions: jto101680

zeldalink14

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a question: first off awesome ROM I love it Great job. But my power button is broken and so I have been using button remapper to remap my voice button for my power switch. But for some reason I cannot get it to stay. When I go into buttonremapper I dont even see the option for the voice button which is 216. Is there anyway to fix this? The other thing I cant seem to get fixed is my SMSPro themes have wrong colors (it seems like they are reversed)I love how this ROM is running on my phone and would like to keep it.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
How did this happen to you? before I released this I tested it on my own phone twice :0 You HAVE to follow the install instructions in the OP and PLEASE do not forget to flash Gapps!

Thanks Torch. My error, thought I could get away with using Prep for Update rather than Prep for New ROM.
After I did that, I went back and did the Prep for New ROM, flashed G3, flashed gapps, still had no root, play store not working.
For now, I am back with Q, but I will keep a watch on this thread. You are doing good things here.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Torch. My error, thought I could get away with using Prep for Update rather than Prep for New ROM.
After I did that, I went back and did the Prep for New ROM, flashed G3, flashed gapps, still had no root, play store not working.
For now, I am back with Q, but I will keep a watch on this thread. You are doing good things here.
Ohhh you are on ZV9 I see....
Quoted from here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/563443-guide-how-flash-zv9-update-step-step.html
Petrah said:
If for any reason you wish to revert back to ZV5, Sammyz wrote an amazingly easy guide on how to do so here. Thanks Sammy!!

List of ZV9 compatible roms (post and let me know of more roms! You must have tested these yourself.):
CM7 BACKside IHO (flash with compatible kernel!)
CM9 Cold As Ice (Project has resumed. Recent updates no longer compatible.)
MiRaGe
Harmonia 2.x
Bobz
iho magpie
IHO OM-Mandylion
Quattrimus CM9 (now in beta!)

Please post here in this thread if I've forgotten something, need to fix something, need to add anything, something needs clarification, or if links have changed or are no longer working (forum guides/mods/admins can also edit to fix these if they see the need).

Last edited:

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have a question: first off awesome ROM I love it Great job. But my power button is broken and so I have been using button remapper to remap my voice button for my power switch. But for some reason I cannot get it to stay. When I go into buttonremapper I dont even see the option for the voice button which is 216. Is there anyway to fix this? The other thing I cant seem to get fixed is my SMSPro themes have wrong colors (it seems like they are reversed)I love how this ROM is running on my phone and would like to keep it.

Button remapping: use another app, or another button? :)

SMSpro: it might be the theme I added, try using one of anthonycr's theme? :D

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
torch hes saying the screen is split it is to in mine on boot and welcome screen rebooting i think fixes i reflashed because i put in bobz gapps and it did it again

Reactions: topdawg661
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie