08-01-2012 08:56 PM
140 1234 ...
tools
    It will enable the COM PORT.
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-23-2012 01:14 PM
    new problem, I got the SPC code and when I try registering the dll I get error 0x80020009.
    07-23-2012 01:47 PM
    new problem, I got the SPC code and when I try registering the dll I get error 0x80020009.
    Did you install LGNPST Components?
    07-23-2012 01:51 PM
    Did you install LGNPST Components?
    yeah. I fixed it by manually registering the dll through cmd
    07-23-2012 01:53 PM
    Google search returns nothing on this one...

ERROR: Unable to load [LGNPST_PortManager5.dll] Component Path = C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Components5.0\LGNPST_PortManager5.dll Version = HR= 0x80004005
    07-23-2012 02:02 PM
    Google search returns nothing on this one...

ERROR: Unable to load [LGNPST_PortManager5.dll] Component Path = C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Components5.0\LGNPST_PortManager5.dll Version = HR= 0x80004005
    I think you are missing admin permissions.....did you ever put a custom theme on windows?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    07-23-2012 02:26 PM
    A better idea, either enable admin profile or create a new one with admin rights, then uninstall and reinstall it all then reboot. Should work fine now.

07-23-2012 02:56 PM
    I think you are missing admin permissions.....did you ever put a custom theme on windows?

No. And what's weird, I was running it as an admin and it didn't work, so I didn't run it as an admin and now I'm running stock zv4! I only did it because I felt like it haha.

EDIT: its my laptop, I'm the only user and I'm the admin on it.
    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-23-2012 03:37 PM
    No. And what's weird, I was running it as an admin and it didn't work, so I didn't run it as an admin and now I'm running stock zv4! I only did it because I felt like it haha.

EDIT: its my laptop, I'm the only user and I'm the admin on it.
    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Yea but sometimes profiles get corrupt with windows .....

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS
    07-23-2012 04:00 PM
    Yea but sometimes profiles get corrupt with windows .....

Not if you never use it.... doing this was the first time I've used windows since march. Lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-23-2012 06:03 PM
    Not if you never use it.... doing this was the first time I've used windows since march. Lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Ubuntu ,Debian, Redhat, or Mint?
    07-23-2012 10:26 PM
    Hey Everyone this Is my first post. I have the LG OV it had factory baseband of ZV9. Well I did the rooting from Fourm instructions. Well after I did it there was not superuser app installed and Tibackup. Said the phone needed to be rooted first. So I figured that i did something wrong so I did the bit "no no" and hit factory reset from the Phone Menus. ( I only did it because it didnt seem like the root took) Well now I am in the dreaded CWM-based Recovery V4.0.1.5 Boot loop. I have been trying everything from the first post to the T. It goes through the first pop-up to unplug then replug usb. and the the second time its the one to unplug the usb pop the battery out and then try again and every time it goes through to the end and then it pops up again and this time it loads recovery so every time I wipe data/ factory reset and try again. I have been doing this all night. I am now ready for some help please what might i be missing. I have also Tried uninstalling everything even drivers and then redownload all files and reinstall just to make sure. I am also running XP Pro so Its not a admin thing. Thank you all for the great help!
    07-24-2012 08:10 AM
    Try the second post while in recovery mode, should work fine. To get the SPC don't reboot like how the video says, just stay in recovery mode.

BlairFam07 likes this.
    07-24-2012 11:16 AM
    Thank you do you know a good way to see the port that the phone uses on XP as it doesn't show up the same as the newer OS. Thank you again sorry if its a silly question.
    07-24-2012 04:31 PM
    Device manager.
    BlairFam07 likes this.
    07-24-2012 04:43 PM
    Thank you do you know a good way to see the port that the phone uses on XP as it doesn't show up the same as the newer OS. Thank you again sorry if its a silly question.
    You don't have to select ports with LGNPST......it automatically detects the port and shows the phone connected. If it doesn't detect any phone, you have to install drivers or reboot.

BlairFam07 likes this.
    07-24-2012 04:51 PM
    Thank you for all the help I had to un-install and re-install the LGNPST a couple of time until I disabled the AV b/c it didn't like the LGNPST.exe but now the app will only give the option of emergency and not upgrade so I cannot direct to a Cab file on a Bin or DLL. I have tried the reset to factory and restated a couple of time and even tried the emergency recovery to see if I could get the up grade option.
    07-24-2012 10:51 PM
    First, did you register your dll? (right click on the dll wherever you put it and click register active x..)
    If you did, in lgnpst, you need to click the file tab and select your dll.
    And while you do this method, you need to be in recovery to do it.
    BlairFam07 likes this.
    07-24-2012 11:02 PM
    thank you the Dll file was registered. Also as I am doing this the Dll showed right away and after hitting start it come up for an empty file path for the bin file. What file should I point it to? Thank you everyone.
    andrewnelson23 likes this.
    07-24-2012 11:10 PM
    You aren't going to use a bin. click the upgrade tab. choose the CAB FILE and then browse for it to wherever you had extracted and renamed it! Make sure you rename it first!
    BlairFam07 likes this.
    07-24-2012 11:16 PM
    Thank you for all the help I had to un-install and re-install the LGNPST a couple of time until I disabled the AV b/c it didn't like the LGNPST.exe but now the app will only give the option of emergency and not upgrade so I cannot direct to a Cab file on a Bin or DLL. I have tried the reset to factory and restated a couple of time and even tried the emergency recovery to see if I could get the up grade option.
    Thank you for your patience and great help.

Oh I also did the rename the file correctly.
    07-24-2012 11:21 PM
    Let me guess. Your port model says 'unknown?'
    BlairFam07 likes this.
    07-24-2012 11:29 PM
    Right Model Is UNKNOWN and Port is COM7 Status Stand By
    07-24-2012 11:37 PM
    Okay. Here's the deal. I had the EXACT same issue, except when I was doing this method, I could boot roms. The only way I fixed it was to boot into Harmonia and open a com port from there.

So what you're going to have to do is the first method. The one involving e-mode.

There is another method. I can help you do this but it takes quite a bit more work than sammyz method.
    BlairFam07 likes this.
    07-24-2012 11:40 PM
    Hey Everyone this Is my first post. I have the LG OV it had factory baseband of ZV9. Well I did the rooting from Fourm instructions. Well after I did it there was not superuser app installed and Tibackup. Said the phone needed to be rooted first. So I figured that i did something wrong so I did the bit "no no" and hit factory reset from the Phone Menus. ( I only did it because it didnt seem like the root took) Well now I am in the dreaded CWM-based Recovery V4.0.1.5 Boot loop. I have been trying everything from the first post to the T. It goes through the first pop-up to unplug then replug usb. and the the second time its the one to unplug the usb pop the battery out and then try again and every time it goes through to the end and then it pops up again and this time it loads recovery so every time I wipe data/ factory reset and try again. I have been doing this all night. I am now ready for some help please what might i be missing. I have also Tried uninstalling everything even drivers and then redownload all files and reinstall just to make sure. I am also running XP Pro so Its not a admin thing. Thank you all for the great help!
    I did the first one and now trying this one. Is there hope for it?
    07-24-2012 11:45 PM
140 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD