08-01-2012 08:56 PM
140 ... 3456
tools
    have you tried pulling the usb cord out from both sides? maybe try rebooting your computer. it should work. And if it doesn't, there's another method to fix it, but much more complicated.
    07-29-2012 11:22 PM
    yes i have. out of curiosity whats the other method?
    07-30-2012 12:43 AM
    yes i have. out of curiosity whats the other method?
    The other method that unbricks the phone will zero out your MEID and you will lose your AAA/HA keys. That means you will never have data again.

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-30-2012 07:00 AM
    Try this, on the first time a restart option appears, unplug USB, replug USB.
    On the second time you get a restart option, unplug USB, pull battery, plug in USB, press restart, put battery in. If this still fails, you may have a bad USB cable.

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-30-2012 07:02 AM
    The other method involves getting onto zvd Optimus S firmware using lgnpst. The guide is here. It says its for advanced users because it is. But you have no other alternative. It's very involved, especially when trying to get your data working again, so do not just go around trying different things out. You have to be very precise in backing up your data information, HA and AAA keys, etc. You will probably need help; that's what this forum is for. I KNOW this will work if you soft-bricked your phone and you do it correctly. This is a different program than kp500, and doesn't seem to have the problems that kp500 does. If it doesn't work, it probably means you hard-bricked your phone and Optimus is dead.

Now, I know you said you aren't able to boot into anything. However, you may be able to boot enough for you to get a com-port open. Just plug your phone into your computer and hold the power button just like you would if you were turning it on. after a few seconds let go. You should now be either at a black screen or an lg splash. on your computer click start, open device manager, and look for Coms/ports. The android serial one should be in there. if it isn't pull battery and put back in. Try to boot into recovery. Should be a black screen. look at your device manager again. NOTE: This will only work if you can get a com port open. If you cant, it may work, but you will probably end up with 0 service. :/

THIS IS GOING TO BE A VERY LONG AND COMPLICATED PROCESS, SO I HOPE YOU KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT COMPUTERS AND ANDROID.
    07-30-2012 07:04 AM
    I wouldn't even do it, he has no way to backup his AAA/HA keys!!!! You can't get them while in e-mode

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-30-2012 07:25 AM
    If he can get a com port while in any other mode, he's lucky. But even if he turns it on with a power button, it will boot into e-mode.

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-30-2012 07:35 AM
    I wouldn't even do it, he has no way to backup his AAA/HA keys!!!! You can't get them while in e-mode

Sent from my Optimus M
    That's why I said to do the com port thing. If he can get a com port, then he can back up everything! Even if he can't boot up or boot into recovery.
    07-30-2012 07:37 AM
    Ahh, really. hmm. well he should try the recovery way of doing it. Other wise, the only OTHER option is to uninstall all of kp500, and use Phatninja55's method. the unbrick.rar dl link is broken, but I can upload it for anyone that needs it. His method involves losing data, but it's recoverable via dfs.
    07-30-2012 07:41 AM
    Ahh, really. hmm. well he should try the recovery way of doing it. Other wise, the only OTHER option is to uninstall all of kp500, and use Phatninja55's method. the unbrick.rar dl link is broken, but I can upload it for anyone that needs it. His method involves losing data, but it's recoverable via dfs.
    I don't see why using Sprint firmware will work over our own firmware :what:

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-30-2012 08:14 AM
    I don't see why using Sprint firmware will work over our own firmware :what:

Sent from my Optimus M
    ..... Beats me lol

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom
    07-30-2012 08:20 AM
    that second option was just another thing to try. the first option I gave uses lgnpst and it doesn't fail like kp500 sometimes does.
    07-30-2012 09:28 AM
    that second option was just another thing to try. the first option I gave uses lgnpst and it doesn't fail like kp500 sometimes does.
    LGNPST is to be used ONLY if all else fails because without an nvs file, you will never get data back. Only used after it fails on multiple computers and I try doing it myself with teamviwer.

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-30-2012 10:52 AM
    That's why I stressed the importance of getting a com port. so he can get his nvs! but I digress. a different computer may solve his problem or you on Teamviewer. what is teamviewer, anyway??
    07-30-2012 10:55 AM
    That's why I stressed the importance of getting a com port. so he can get his nvs! but I digress. a different computer may solve his problem or you on Teamviewer. what is teamviewer, anyway??
    You can get a com port while in e-mode, but it blocks the MEID and other stuff from being readable, the entire NV items are blocked while in e-mode.

Teamviewer is software that allows you to control another's computer, Google it, it's really useful! And it's free

Sent from my Optimus M
    07-30-2012 12:44 PM
    Thank you all for being helpful I hope it works when I get home.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Android Central Forums
    07-30-2012 01:05 PM
    now i get this error. how bad is it?
    07-30-2012 07:06 PM
    Still bricked here!!!!
    07-30-2012 08:20 PM
    I don't know about that error. You should try it on another computer.

Misa ,no recovery either?
    07-30-2012 08:26 PM
    Ok, who wants me to unbrick there phones for them?
    Won't take me long, I'm an expert.....I created this guide and I've gotten around every error except hard bricks...which I'm sure you're both soft bricked.
    Otherwise @ jlerma90
    your error is only solved by rebooting, or it's a bad download (which I doubt) or you are doing something else wrong.
    07-30-2012 08:42 PM
    Can you unbrick my phone? How would it work?

07-30-2012 08:56 PM
    Can you unbrick my phone? How would it work?

Download teamviewer:
    TeamViewer Download
    Install it
    Send me the ID and Password by a PM (private message).
    Do not post it in this thread.
    07-30-2012 09:02 PM
    and Misa, if you need help, I can help. I've unbricked quite a few times as well.
    07-30-2012 09:27 PM
    and Misa, if you need help, I can help. I've unbricked quite a few times as well.
    I'm actually trying to unbrick 2 people that are both running windows 7.....both of them are having driver problems -_-
    07-30-2012 10:33 PM
    Is that what the problem is whenever the flash just never works?
    07-30-2012 10:40 PM
140 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD