[GUIDE] Unbrick ANY Soft Bricked Optimus V/Return to ZV5 Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you do you know a good way to see the port that the phone uses on XP as it doesn't show up the same as the newer OS. Thank you again sorry if its a silly question.

You don't have to select ports with LGNPST......it automatically detects the port and shows the phone connected. If it doesn't detect any phone, you have to install drivers or reboot.

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

Reactions: BlairFam07

BlairFam07

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Unbrick ANY Soft Bricked Optimus V/Return to ZV5 Stoc

Thank you for all the help I had to un-install and re-install the LGNPST a couple of time until I disabled the AV b/c it didn't like the LGNPST.exe but now the app will only give the option of emergency and not upgrade so I cannot direct to a Cab file on a Bin or DLL. I have tried the reset to factory and restated a couple of time and even tried the emergency recovery to see if I could get the up grade option.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

First, did you register your dll? (right click on the dll wherever you put it and click register active x..)
If you did, in lgnpst, you need to click the file tab and select your dll.
And while you do this method, you need to be in recovery to do it.

BlairFam07

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

thank you the Dll file was registered. Also as I am doing this the Dll showed right away and after hitting start it come up for an empty file path for the bin file. What file should I point it to? Thank you everyone. :D

Reactions: andrewnelson23

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

You aren't going to use a bin. click the upgrade tab. choose the CAB FILE and then browse for it to wherever you had extracted and renamed it! Make sure you rename it first!

BlairFam07

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for all the help I had to un-install and re-install the LGNPST a couple of time until I disabled the AV b/c it didn't like the LGNPST.exe but now the app will only give the option of emergency and not upgrade so I cannot direct to a Cab file on a Bin or DLL. I have tried the reset to factory and restated a couple of time and even tried the emergency recovery to see if I could get the up grade option.

Thank you for your patience and great help.

Oh I also did the rename the file correctly.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Okay. Here's the deal. I had the EXACT same issue, except when I was doing this method, I could boot roms. The only way I fixed it was to boot into Harmonia and open a com port from there.

So what you're going to have to do is the first method. The one involving e-mode.

There is another method. I can help you do this but it takes quite a bit more work than sammyz method.

BlairFam07

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Hey Everyone this Is my first post. I have the LG OV it had factory baseband of ZV9. Well I did the rooting from Fourm instructions. Well after I did it there was not superuser app installed and Tibackup. Said the phone needed to be rooted first. So I figured that i did something wrong so I did the bit "no no" and hit factory reset from the Phone Menus. ( I only did it because it didnt seem like the root took) Well now I am in the dreaded CWM-based Recovery V4.0.1.5 Boot loop. I have been trying everything from the first post to the T. It goes through the first pop-up to unplug then replug usb. and the the second time its the one to unplug the usb pop the battery out and then try again and every time it goes through to the end and then it pops up again and this time it loads recovery so every time I wipe data/ factory reset and try again. I have been doing this all night.:'( I am now ready for some help please what might i be missing. I have also Tried uninstalling everything even drivers and then redownload all files and reinstall just to make sure. I am also running XP Pro so Its not a admin thing. Thank you all for the great help!:D

I did the first one and now trying this one. Is there hope for it?

BlairFam07

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Could you please help me with the other method as I have tried both methods over and over. The same outcome every time. I really appreciate it.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
okay. if you have facebook you can add me. the chat on there is much quicker and easier. http://www.facebook.com/andrew.c.nelson23

if not, then we can use personal messaging on here. just click my name and send a message. that's pretty slow though so the fb is the best option.

Did you fix the issues?
I wont be able to help anyone, working....

Sent from my Optimus M

BlairFam07

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Hey Sammy. It is still not working. I tried what is the 2nd post but with the S's os. here--> [http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...how-fix-bricked-lg-optimus-v-s-firmware.html] It however did not work. It doesn't matter if I use the ZV5cab or the LS670ZVD.cab neither one will take. I have done this all night as I was informed it could take a lot of times to get it to work? Also Andrew was saying since its in the CWM-based Recovery that I should use the adb to put files on phone and install but this doesn't help. The Recovery menu will install and zip successfully but it still never boots out of the Recovery menu.

Thank you

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I pm'd you with very precise instructions on how to adb push a rom to your phone and then install it. follow my directions to a T, and it should work.

BlairFam07

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Thank you Andrew for the guidance. Just so everyone knows it was the cwm-based recovery I was running couldn't stop the recovery boot look so. after installing the cannibal touch recovery ZIP file rebooted and installed ROM and gapps and advanced menu fix recovery boot loop. Now I got flashed by lloyd and I am back going! thank you to sammyz

Reactions: sammyz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair