[GUIDE] Unbrick ANY Soft Bricked Optimus V/Return to ZV5 Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Disable anti-virus uninstall then reinstall. I had this problem too Norton thought it was a virus

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

Reactions: sammyz

mountain2climb

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Unbrick ANY Soft Bricked Optimus V/Return to ZV5 Stoc

Disabled virus protection. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still not there can someone please just send me the exe?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Disabled virus protection. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still not there can someone please just send me the exe?

I don't think that will fix it...

If you're running windows XP then idk. I can help you via remote desktop connection by teamviewer. BUT try this:

Enable the Administrator account (This is for windows 7/vista users)
-Click Start
-type "cmd" (without quotes)
-right click cmd
-Run as Admin
type "net users Administrator /active:yes" (without quotes)
type "net users Administrator * " (without quotes)
Hit enter 3 times
Log off
Select the Administrator account.
From now on you will only use this account for the entire process.
Because this program has issues when it is not used/installed via the actual Admin account sometimes. Normally install issues and running issues.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Just found a better way to unbrick/upgrade by using Software update [KDZ] program :D
This will replace LGNPST AND KP500! :) Only have to install one program that lets the non-installed program run without errors (you still need drivers though). This works fine with any operating system and doesn't need Admin permissions to run either!!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just found a better way to unbrick/upgrade by using Software update [KDZ] program :D
This will replace LGNPST AND KP500! :) Only have to install one program that lets the non-installed program run without errors (you still need drivers though). This works fine with any operating system and doesn't need Admin permissions to run either!!

I'll be interested to see this. tho I've just been using lgnpst for my needs.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

If you reenabled virus protection after it was installed the antivirus probably removed it again you'll have to leave it off till your done with the program.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll be interested to see this. tho I've just been using lgnpst for my needs.

It finished flashing it, I came from ZVD and flashed ZV5......it wont boot (stops booting at VM logo without sound) and stock recovery won't load...hmmm
I think I need to add a SCR file to the cab.

Sent from my Optimus M

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It finished flashing it, I came from ZVD and flashed ZV5......it wont boot (stops booting at VM logo without sound) and stock recovery won't load...hmmm
I think I need to add a SCR file to the cab.

Sent from my Optimus M

As long as you don't loose e-mode...that would be a real brick that no1 could fix

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

As long as you don't loose e-mode...that would be a real brick that no1 could fix

you can be hard bricked and still have e-mode, ask asadullah....I'm trying again with ZVD firmware this time.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
you can be hard bricked and still have e-mode, ask asadullah....I'm trying again with ZVD firmware this time.

Well as long as we have e-mode there is a way to unbrick right? Or are you saying in some bad bricks e-mode will be there but won't work?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Well as long as we have e-mode there is a way to unbrick right? Or are you saying in some bad bricks e-mode will be there but won't work?

That's what a hard brick is...
Really you only can hard brick if you start trying to mess with the bin file and then try to flash it.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't get zv5 on after zvd either. I can't remember how I got back now haha. Oh yeahhhh! I used the old unbrick using the optimus s firmware forum to get back to zv5! there's a way to do that. but now that thread's gone.... :/ hopefully it isn't gone off AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis