[AIO][WIP] Romtools by Phatninja55

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [WIP] Romtools v1 (Linux) and v2.5 (Windows) by Phatninja55

WARNING!!!! This tools is not compatible with CWM-Blue-Recovery any version, it well cause the rom to not install and well trigger auto backup after easing everything, causing the fastboot mode when rebooted.

@ Phatninja55 I have edit the mean script for the Linux version to flash any rom zip without the need to rename it to update.zip.

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

WARNING!!!! This tools is not compatible with CWM-Blue-Recovery any version, it well cause the rom to not install and well trigger auto backup after easing everything, causing the fastboot mode when rebooted.

@ Phatninja55 I have edit the mean script for the Linux version to flash any rom zip without the need to rename it to update.zip.

I already did that for windows, and am working on updating the linux version so it's up to par with the windows version.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I already did that for windows, and am working on updating the linux version so it's up to par with the windows version.

Okay, if you need help with bash/shell scripts let me know. Can you update the OP about CWM-Blue-Recovery, that way Romtools users are aware that it is not compatible? It well also help me with support of the Recovery.

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Okay, if you need help with bash/shell scripts let me know. Can you update the OP about CWM-Blue-Recovery, that way Romtools users are aware that it is not compatible? It well also help me with support of the Recovery.

I'm good. I have completed it, I'm uploading it now. You now have to type the name of the rom file, patch file, or recovery file.

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: [WIP] Romtools V2.5.2 by Phatninja55

Romtools V2.5.2 is now almost 100% the same for Windows and Linux. Linux has an extra step to fix script permissions. Removed push to phone.

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

What does the phone do? On the phone when you try it after it pushes the ro to the phone, does it show and android robot with a triangle with a ! in it? If so, that is because the file was was not signed right, or E: status 0, 6, or 7. Has nothing to do with this tool.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP] Romtools V2.5.2 by Phatninja55

Next version will include nandroid backup and restore. Update will come very soon.

did you ever figure out those scripts? Im at my computer now and my nook color device blobs have some scripts that involve adb, I can compare if you want.

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Updated post to V2.5.3, Romtools now includes nandroid backup and restore. Let me know if you see any error anywhere. Scripts are now encrypted to protect my work.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Updated post to V2.5.3, Romtools now includes nandroid backup and restore. Let me know if you see any error anywhere. Scripts are now encrypted to protect my work.

I'm sure I can guess the encryption code xD jk. How you encrypt a batch? o_O

Sent from my Optimus M

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

What does the phone do? On the phone when you try it after it pushes the ro to the phone, does it show and android robot with a triangle with a ! in it? If so, that is because the file was was not signed right, or E: status 0, 6, or 7. Has nothing to do with this tool.

All my roms are signed properly, otherwise BacksideUpdater's auto install would not function right. My CWM-Blue-Recovery does a backup of the current rom before installing either updating or fresh install. Because of that it fails to push the rom zip to the data partition. The way around the is to remove the "easy_image" from the script in Romtools and/or editing the updater-script to do the formatting. I could also go through the Recoveries Source Code and try making it compatible.

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

All my roms are signed properly, otherwise BacksideUpdater's auto install would not function right. My CWM-Blue-Recovery does a backup of the current rom before installing either updating or fresh install. Because of that it fails to push the rom zip to the data partition. The way around the is to remove the "easy_image" from the script in Romtools and/or editing the updater-script to do the formatting. I could also go through the Recoveries Source Code and try making it compatible.

I will consider removing erase_image in the next version. I've had to pull the downloads because it wasn't working right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca