Operation KRUSH KOUSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I just sent him one last aggravated tweet. Im done dealing with him. No developer should not give a crap about his product messing up phones.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My opinions of this?

Well, some time ago, I was talking on irc and said something about koush bricking our phones. Jcase seemed pretty easy to jump on me for it and told me that I shouldn't complain, blah blah blah (I have nothing against jcase)

Okay, so, we can send him a pull request that just removes the Optimus V from the build, if he turns that down, THEN we can spam him.

Concerning twrp2, I have tried building it, didn't work out, Dees_Troy said it was for lack of mdpi which I think they fixed. Also, s0up, main dev for goo, is a very very cool guy. I'm sure if we could get twrp2 running perfectly on our device I could get it officially put in goomanager. Just a thought.

Concerning goo.manager, I don't think some people know what it is. Goo manager is exactly like rom manager, only better. not only can you download roms and get updates, but if you press the menu button on the home of the app, you can download a recovery for your device. And it also installs it. That's the functions of goo manager.

No matter what, because of the name rom manager has made for itself, it will always be the number one link for noobs to try. It was my first root app when I rooted. When out search recovery on google, I'm 99% positive you will see ROM Manager everywhere

Okay, rant over. Someone fork his repo, take the Optimus v out of the devices, and send a pull request. If he merges, great. If he doesn't, you have every right to spam him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mlson and sellers86

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Guys, its time to start bugging him. He will not do it with just me asking. This must be dealt with.

Right then. I'm in the middle of moving, so it'll be a few days until I can participate hard.

I think the next logical step would be to try to contact Google, and see what they can do. So everyone start searching for contact info, and post what you find.

Sellers86, I'll PM you later tonight to see if you can get me a sort of transcript of your conversations with Koush. I'll update the OP with that and the current course of action.

Good luck all!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If I had time I'd be up to forking the repo... I don't have time though. Bogged down with work and theming.

Just a thought: the OV isn't gonna be around too much longer so it this worth it?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So Sammy spammy time????? I would like to hit him up with some messages and rants :D

Sent from my Optimus M

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Look, guys, remember that you're representing Android Central here as well, being the largest community for the Optimus One line of phones. Keep it civil, and give him a chance to be convinced. Yes, he needs to fix this, but he also has a lot under his belt and is probably a very busy guy. It's only been a few days.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Look, guys, remember that you're representing Android Central here as well, being the largest community for the Optimus One line of phones. Keep it civil, and give him a chance to be convinced. Yes, he needs to fix this, but he also has a lot under his belt and is probably a very busy guy. It's only been a few days.

Ok, I'll just hit him with facts then.

Sent from my Optimus M

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Actually, YOU represent this forum, for us, it's simply a chat medium.

While using this place to launch a coordinated attack is likely a violation of the rules, they aren't out to attack him, they are simply trying to pressure him into doing something he should have done a while ago.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually, YOU represent this forum, for us, it's simply a chat medium.

While using this place to launch a coordinated attack is likely a violation of the rules, they aren't out to attack him, they are simply trying to pressure him into doing something he should have done a while ago.

We aren't necessarily planning to launch an attack. Like you said, its more of a pressure thing. I think the whole underlying point of this thread is to come up with ways to get this fixed.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Don't take offense to this, but I thought you would be full on this. For two reasons.

1. You're a moderator. You have to deal with these "bricks" all the time! You should want this ended just as much as we do.
2. You are an optimus owner as well. If you got your phone and were a noob and ended up bricking your phone and not knowing what to do, would you be happy at koush?

Its true, he has a lot on his plate, he's a great developer, possibly one of the greatest. And he knows more about recoveries than anybody in the world. But this should be his #1 priority, as it has been bricking phones for quite some time now. He needs to know, and now he does. Now he needs to fix it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sellers86

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
From manager is a great app I use it on my nexus 7 all the time. If we can get support were golden.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.