09-01-2012 12:07 PM
788 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Make sure you have permission to include Nova or Apex. Although, I'd prefer you include the default CM9 launcher and let us install our launcher of choice, because updates to /system apps from the market cause major headaches.
    sellers86 likes this.
    08-10-2012 01:28 AM
    Make sure you have permission to include Nova or Apex. Although, I'd prefer you include the default CM9 launcher and let us install our launcher of choice, because updates to /system apps from the market cause major headaches.
    Well also, the market will not automatically update user apps located in /system/app by default.
    And launchers don't need to be constantly updated(unless its a fairly new release of such), so that minimizes the update headache.
    Nova seems to have fewer updates as well, which also gives it a plus.
    After all, AOKP often uses Nova as the default launcher in most AOKP builds.(although this is cm10, and not AOKP, just making a reference to how Nova would be a better choice IMHO)

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).
    08-10-2012 01:37 AM
    I tend to see updates twice a month or so from Apex, and I'm a Pro user. I suppose I could just swap it out for Trubechet (sp?) myself in the ZIP and install Apex Pro from the market too, no big deal there.
    08-10-2012 01:50 AM
    I'm sooooo close to repacking boot.img but it keeps saying no working folder found

looking for good keyboards??
    visit
    jonskeyboards.com
    I thought I said something earlier, but the first thing you should do is make a working folder. It should be like the first option if I remember right

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    08-10-2012 01:54 AM
    @Zackman, i noticed that the following isn't included in the update-script of the ROM, I'm not exactly sure if its needed or not, or what significance it serves, of if it's even needed at all.

Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "VM670" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_VM670");
    EDIT:
    Backing up my phone now, and going to try out the sd-ext scripts

EDIT:
    Now testing if the sd-ext scripts worked, by installing as many random apps from the market as i possibly can

EDIT:
    Well, I'd say after installing 153 random apps, it's safe to assume the scripts work xD
    These are the asserts that causes problems with some recoveries. They aren't needed, and they cause problems. Congrats on the scripts!

nitestalkr and andrewnelson23 like this.
    08-10-2012 01:57 AM
    @nitestalkr: Can I just use ES File Explorer to put the app2ex files in the right place or is there more to it than merely having the files in place?
    08-10-2012 02:03 AM
    Just thought I'd mention this, but when I download my cover art using Cover Art Downloader it works until I reboot my phone, then all the album art disappears. Don't know if its a bug with the ROM or app but I thought I'd just throw that out there.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-10-2012 02:06 AM
    @nitestalkr: Can I just use ES File Explorer to put the app2ex files in the right place or is there more to it than merely having the files in place?
    If its a flash able zip flash it if not move them to the right place and set the correct permissions.

08-10-2012 02:09 AM
    You can try it, just set permissions to r/w in /system.
    And then reboot, and report your findings.
    Or, you can wait till I put it into my patches(will provide a separate flashable zip containing the scripts as well) sometime Friday or Saturday in my free time.

08-10-2012 03:03 AM
    You can try it, just set permissions to r/w in /system.
    And then reboot, and report your findings.
    Or, you can wait till I put it into my patches(will provide a separate flashable zip containing the scripts as well) sometime Friday or Saturday in my free time.

I'm pretty sure they should be r/w/x otherwise they won't execute.
    08-10-2012 05:29 AM
    I'm pretty sure they should be r/w/x otherwise they won't execute.
    Yea that's true, slipped my mind when I posted that.

08-10-2012 06:06 AM
    Which launcher? Apex or nova to be implemented into alpha 4

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Apex

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    inceyet likes this.
    08-10-2012 06:36 AM
    Do not install trebucket it will force close!!! And not stop
    08-10-2012 08:10 AM
    Just thought I'd mention this, but when I download my cover art using Cover Art Downloader it works until I reboot my phone, then all the album art disappears. Don't know if its a bug with the ROM or app but I thought I'd just throw that out there.

Its proly because of the sdcard issue where things seem to be gone after a reboot. The sd ext scripts will maybe fix it.
    08-10-2012 10:25 AM
    Its proly because of the sdcard issue where things seem to be gone after a reboot. The sd ext scripts will maybe fix it.
    Well, if Zack(and I'm sure he will) implements those sd-ext init.d scripts, it will be worth it.
    I've got 197 apps installed, using alpha3 + what I provided, and not a single app has caused me any issues.
    Only annoying part so far, is the "Android is Upgrading: optimizing 'x' out of 'a lot' of apps..." at every boot.. I wonder how tdm fixed that in CM9, maybe the same method could be used for CM10?

08-10-2012 10:51 AM
    Well, if Zack(and I'm sure he will) implements those sd-ext init.d scripts, it will be worth it.
    I've got 197 apps installed, using alpha3 + what I provided, and not a single app has caused me any issues.
    Only annoying part so far, is the "Android is Upgrading: optimizing 'x' out of 'a lot' of apps..." at every boot.. I wonder how tdm fixed that in CM9, maybe the same method could be used for CM10?

Well asked him
    I used patch but lost home button :banghead::banghead:

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-10-2012 11:09 AM
    That happened to me once. I think it's cuz the a firmware has a smaller system partition.. .
    08-10-2012 11:24 AM
    I think imma leave trebuchet launcher and impliment the scripts when I get home, nitestalkr do I have to be partitioned for these scripts to work?

08-10-2012 11:24 AM
    I think imma leave trebuchet launcher and impliment the scripts when I get home, nitestalkr do I have to be partitioned for these scripts to work?

Yup, they rely on the ext partition.
    Same method used in tdm's quattrimus.
    Minimum of either 512MB or 1GB ext(2, 3 or 4) partition.

And about the Android is upgrading thing, I think an init.d script can fix that as well.

08-10-2012 11:36 AM
    That happened to me once. I think it's cuz the a firmware has a smaller system partition.. .
    You lost a button?????
    I'm going to partition my 16 gig and try again

08-10-2012 02:11 PM
    After flashing the fix while on cm10, yes, i lost the home button. it was quite strange. Went back to zv5 firmware, and flashed it again and it worked. haha it was so weird...
    08-10-2012 02:32 PM
    Tested Bluetooth functionality on Alpha 3. It connected and paired successfully. Was able to have conversation without any issues.

Edit: Tried it again, phone rebooted after turning Bluetooth off.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    andrewnelson23 likes this.
    08-10-2012 03:10 PM
    @nitestalkr
    Your patch did not work I moved app 2 sdcard and it deleted itself
    I have a 512 mb partition

08-10-2012 04:09 PM
    Which launcher? Apex or nova to be implemented into alpha 4

Nova

08-10-2012 04:43 PM
    App2ex fix wasn't able to be simply copied. ES File Explorer won't find the files when placed on SD card. Worst part is that I deleted stuff from the init.d folder already. Good thing I backed up the rom.
    08-10-2012 04:53 PM
788 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD