09-01-2012 01:07 PM
788 ... 45678 ...
tools
    hmmm. That's weird. I have no idea about that one. I'm tellin ya man. I think we're gonna have to get the ext-partition anyway.. Btw, if you didn't see my post in the other thread, here it is:
    dude :d if this keyboard works you are a golden god!
    andrewnelson23 likes this.
    08-08-2012 02:07 AM
    I tried it bro and the keyboard wouldn't even load up

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    mine? or are you talking about the rom?

it won't the first boot. you have to reboot.
    08-08-2012 02:07 AM
    mine? or are you talking about the rom?

it won't the first boot. you have to reboot.
    The rom, I did a complete wipe and system format, I flashed the beta first and I had the same issue, so just flash it again and just turn it off and on again?

08-08-2012 02:11 AM
    The rom, I did a complete wipe and system format, I flashed the beta first and I had the same issue, so just flash it again and just turn it off and on again?

PHEW. I think that new keyboard should work perfectly Oh wait, no. skip the setup. go into settings. language and input. uncheck voice typing, and that should get it working for you.
    androidCHEECH likes this.
    08-08-2012 02:13 AM
    I'll test the new keyboard in the morning. It should slim down the ROM quite a bit

08-08-2012 02:16 AM
    PHEW. I think that new keyboard should work perfectly Oh wait, no. skip the setup. go into settings. language and input. uncheck voice typing, and that should get it working for you.
    Thanks bro , I was gone b sawdy if my optimus couldn't get no jelly beans but ima try again right now and let you guys know how it goes

08-08-2012 02:17 AM
    Awesome. add in the sd-ext scripts to make it alpha 3
    08-08-2012 02:17 AM
    How is implementing BobZ kernel coming along? And sd-ext scripts is a must for these newer roms, can't wait to see it working.

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk
    08-08-2012 02:21 AM
    Uh oh. I can't send SMS now. I think the MMS fix might have broke sms

08-08-2012 02:34 AM
    To add sd-ext, take tdms script (with his permission) from system/etc/init.d on quattrimus and place it in the same place on JB. If there isn't already an init.d folder, create one and see tdms updater-script to set the right permissions.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    nitestalkr likes this.
    08-08-2012 03:58 AM
    To add sd-ext, take tdms script (with his permission) from system/etc/init.d on quattrimus and place it in the same place on JB. If there isn't already an init.d folder, create one and see tdms updater-script to set the right permissions.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    I got permission from him to use it on jelly bean roms.
    Was going to make a flashable zip for it tomorrow.

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(AOSP JellyBean).
    sellers86 and inceyet like this.
    08-08-2012 04:08 AM
    Is there any way this could work on the vortex?
    08-08-2012 04:15 AM
    So I'm just curious, when flashing Alpha2 from Alpha1 do I need to wipe cache, dalvik cache AND /system? :o

08-08-2012 09:50 AM
    Can someone confirm not being able to use sms on alpha2? I'm gonna flash now.
    08-08-2012 10:02 AM
    Uh oh. dang. the mms is working now, but now the sms isn't. which means I'll have to try and edit the cdmasmsdispatcher.smali according to the quattrimus one and only include the mms items. hopefully that'll fix it. i'll start working on it now.

Note: sms receiving IS working. Sending is NOT.
    08-08-2012 10:20 AM
    Uh oh. dang. the mms is working now, but now the sms isn't. which means I'll have to try and edit the cdmasmsdispatcher.smali according to the quattrimus one and only include the mms items. hopefully that'll fix it. i'll start working on it now.

K. Thank you for your hard work

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-08-2012 10:26 AM

That's kinda funny, cause at one point I was able to send, but not receive.. but this was after trying out(and adjusting) an external notification light script for the Optimus V (flashes hardware buttons when there's a missed notification when phone screen was off).

08-08-2012 10:38 AM
    So I was looking at the .smali right now. I did a number count on mms items and virgin items and all of the mms and Virgin items that are included in quattrimus were already in the alpha1. the code remains the same through 700 lines and then it starts drastically changing at 705. I'm gonna try and look through(roughly 1200 lines) what seems important, but I have no experience in programming or anything... :/
    08-08-2012 10:46 AM
    So I was looking at the .smali right now. I did a number count on mms items and virgin items and all of the mms and Virgin items that are included in quattrimus were already in the alpha1. the code remains the same through 700 lines and then it starts drastically changing at 705. I'm gonna try and look through(roughly 1200 lines) what seems important, but I have no experience in programming or anything... :/
    Then it looks like your experience starts now.
    I might as well have 0 experience, the last time I did any real programming was nearly 5 years ago!

08-08-2012 10:48 AM
    This is going to take a RIDICULOUS amount of time since I don't know what I'm doing. but for now, I'm going to try replacing the entire cdma folder in the classes.dex, hopefully that'll work, but I really doubt it.
    08-08-2012 11:00 AM
    This is going to take a RIDICULOUS amount of time since I don't know what I'm doing.
    Oh how I know exactly what you're going through.
    That's usually what I used to say all the time(and still do) with nearly everything that I do. xD
    Patience and endurance are key.

08-08-2012 11:06 AM
    booting now. :crossesfingers:
    08-08-2012 11:38 AM
    tried to replace the cdma folder, that started producing an error "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." That happened over and over and over again. No service. I then tried replacing the entire telephony folder. Gives me the same error. So far we're best with the cdmasmsdispatcher just replace. I guess I (or maybe someone more knowledgeable??) will have to go into the cdmasmsdispatcher.smali and maybe edit the info in there.
    08-08-2012 11:46 AM
    Everyone use alpha 1

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    JadenBrown30 and jonny5449 like this.
    08-08-2012 12:04 PM
    im so abouta try this
    08-08-2012 12:33 PM
788 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD