[ROM][WIP-ALPHA7][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
WARNING!
Hello, First I would like to tell you that I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone by flashing this! If you have a problem, post here and we will try and help you with your issue! Thanks! Also: THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! THERE WILL BE BUGS! If you see a bug, please report it! Thank you.

Credits
Most of this rom was an original port from drewwalton19216801 and his team! His Cm10 Port Most of the things working in this rom are from them. So thanks to them! Other things were taken from laz3r69's p500 port: CM10 p500 So thanks to him also :D

Screenshots
screenshot2012080411462.png
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
screenshot2012080823202.png

INFO
What works and what doesn't: Working: Calls (including microphone!) SMS 3G data Wi-Fi Graphics Acceleration (for the UI) Sensors (Accelerometor, Proximity Sensor) GPS Sound(Speakers and Headphones) MMS Bluetooth Not working: Camera Google Now Mic On Voice Search and or Google Ears. Issues(Any help from anyone on how to fix these would be appreciated :) ): Moving Apps to the SD Card(They move fine to the card but when you reboot they are gone) Play store(Store does not have much on it yet, because the Android OS isn't officially released yet)(Fixed! Modded Play store added in Gapps :D ) Battery Drain Menu and Home Button Keys are switched. FIXED Work Arounds: USB Mass Storage(App Installed) MMS: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...cold-ice-working-optimus-v-9.html#post1758086

INFO
To install: 1. mount phone and move Zips to the SD Card 2. Boot into Recovery 3.DO a FULL WIPE 4. format /system/ 5. Flash ROM 6. Flash jb mini Gapps 7. Flash Beats Audio (Optional) 8. Reboot :D

Download
Download Link: links removed by moderator. CM10 LIGHT Gapps(56.1mb): Gapps CM10 Mini Gapps With Google NOW! (Read instructions below to get voice working) AND NEW GOOGLE EARS!(15mb) Gapps + Google Now + Google Ears Beats Audio(Optional): Beats

GNOW Voice Search
Google Now Gapps(VOICE SEARCH): To install: Flash Rom Flash Gapps + Google NOW Install this and this.

CHANGELOG
08-06-2012- Original Upload 08-08-2012- Tiny Keyboard added (Only 2mb!) (Thanks to Andrew!) (Link for credit: Link ) 08-12-2012 app2ext (added, Thanks to Nitestalkr and his int.d scripts) Replaced libwmsts.so for better connection speeds Re-uploaded Gapps Added a YouTube app :D 08-15-2012 Added new Youtube apk MMS Fixed (Hopefully) Theme chooser added but not working atm. 08-16-2012 Alpha 5 Reuploaded Gapps Reuploaded (Added Play store without incompatibility issues. :D ) (Thanks to reaper420) 08-18-2012 RIL Changes (Added libnv.so for improved RIL reliability.) Build prop changes New GPS file for Improved accuracy 08-20-2012 New RIL files added (Thanks to BobzHome) (WAY Better Reliability!) Bobzhome's 4.1 Kernel Added (No Need to flash test15 anymore!) (Thanks to BobzHome) Launcher Sizing Fixed All audio Files fixed (When you call someone now you can hear them through to front speaker) 08-21-2012 Reuploaded with Key swap fix (Hopefully) (Thanks to Katnuk) 08-22-2012 Added working google ears to gapps 08-24-2012 Added Beats audio (Optional) 08-30-2012 Added new LIGHT Gapps with scrolling google now, voice still doesn't work, it could possibly never work. (Moded from Rashed His Rom )

Thanks!
Special Thanks! drewwalton19216801 and his team! andrewnelson2 reaper420 and laz3r69!

Current
Currently working on: App to SD Problem. Using a different Kernel Fixing Home and Menu Keys Google Now Flashable Zip

Donations
Donations are welcome but not needed for download :) Donate Thank you :D

Last edited by a moderator:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

First. :)

A few things.

1. MMS should be fairly easy to fix. Your mms workaround in the OP only fixes receiving, I think.
2. I'm glad to see you fixed mass storage with an app.
3.The mic for voice search, can you fix that by uninstalling via titanium backup and reinstalling from the Play store?
4. The Play store can be fixed, I think, by a build.prop edit that'll say that your phone is on ICS. Then you'll be able to download ICS apps, not JB apps. It's a good idea for right now, as JB app development is still VERY early.

By the way. When I tried JB a few weeks ago, it didn't have the power widget buttons in the notification bar!? Did Drew or the p500 people sync cm10 again, and that's why we have that now? What different options are there for the widget buttons?
This is almost ready for daily usage(for me :)) THAT WAS FAST.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zakman

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Ahh, I see. Well. For that, you should add in tdm's scripts that put all apps on the sd-ext anyway. We'll probably need that later, when people start putting lots of apps on their phones and start running out of space. You could pm him and ask him for permission. That might fix it.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Btw, I noticed that that p500 thread was shut down. So how are you going to sync future builds?

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

This isnt a sync it's a port, so Im basically going to update this build as the other one does so when the build updates I'm going to have to re-port again.

Reactions: andrewnelson23

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Looks very good! Oh the keyboard doesn't start up (force closes) and can't get past the signing in to my Google Account. :'( Also, the USB Mass Storage popup comes up at boot up as well.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I tested it out. ITS SO FAST. I love it. :) The home button didn't work for me.... Tried switching out the thunderc_keypad.kl from /system/usr/keylayout with the one from quattrimus. that didn't work...

While I was switching out the thunderc_keypad.kls, I had to extract the one from quattrimus on my phone, and I noticed it extracted to /storage/sdcard0. I believe this probably happened as a result of the app that's supposed to fix usb mass storage. This could possibly be what's messing up moving apps to sd card(I don't know, just throwing out ideas).

Now, why didn't switching out the thunderc_keypad.kl's work? :confused: I set the correct permissions and owners...

Other than that:
The browser does not work. I click on it and it closes immediately. (I'm sure another browser would work fine.
The voice search does not work, even when installed from the Play Store. (I have no idea what's up with that, but tomorrow I will logcat it.)
I called my voicemail and it didn't go to my voicemail. It went to some recording of Virgin Mobiles...?
Screen Security does not work yet.
Settings button in Notification dropdown does not work.
After holding power button and choosing to reboot into recovery, it just boots you back into CM10.

Tomorrow I will also try messing with the build.prop to see if we can get ICS apps.

Last edited:

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Looks very good! Oh the keyboard doesn't start up (force closes) and can't get past the signing in to my Google Account. :'( Also, the USB Mass Storage popup comes up at boot up as well.

Read the OP, keyboard does not work on first boot. You have to skip account sign in first.

@Zakman, nice work, does the super jellybean fix work with this? would love sd-ext :)

Last edited:
Reactions: exProphecy

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I tested it out. ITS SO FAST. I love it. :) The home button didn't work for me.... Tried switching out the thunderc_keypad.kl from /system/usr/keylayout with the one from quattrimus. that didn't work...

While I was switching out the thunderc_keypad.kls, I had to extract the one from quattrimus on my phone, and I noticed it extracted to /storage/sdcard0. I believe this probably happened as a result of the app that's supposed to fix usb mass storage. This could possibly be what's messing up moving apps to sd card(I don't know, just throwing out ideas).

Now, why didn't switching out the thunderc_keypad.kl's work? :confused: I set the correct permissions and owners...

Other than that:
The browser does not work. I click on it and it closes immediately. (I'm sure another browser would work fine.
The voice search does not work, even when installed from the Play Store. (I have no idea what's up with that, but tomorrow I will logcat it.)
I called my voicemail and it didn't go to my voicemail. It went to some recording of Virgin Mobiles...?

Tomorrow I will also try messing with the build.prop to see if we can get ICS apps.

Did you flash Gapps? if not I would try and flash it again. and Your voicemail should work. Dont know why it wouldnt unless you havent paid your bill, the browser works fine on mine.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Read the OP, keyboard does not work on first boot. You have to skip account sign in first.

@Zakman, nice work, does the super jellybean fix work with this? would love sd-ext :)

Yes, it should work.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Did you flash Gapps? if not I would try and flash it again. and Your voicemail should work. Dont know why it wouldnt unless you havent paid your bill, the browser works fine on mine.

Course I flashed gapps! xD none of those problems pertain to gapps not being installed. I'll test again tomorrow. In the meantime, other people can confirm the minor bugs in it(or perhaps disconfirm).

Went back to Quattrimus and my voicemail works fine on here.

I think tomorrow I'll try the super JB fix to see if that fixes my button issue. Also, that should fix the problem with apps disappearing after reboot.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Course I flashed gapps! xD none of those problems pertain to gapps not being installed. I'll test again tomorrow. In the meantime, other people can confirm the minor bugs in it(or perhaps disconfirm).

Went back to Quattrimus and my voicemail works fine on here.

I think tomorrow I'll try the super JB fix to see if that fixes my button issue. Also, that should fix the problem with apps disappearing after reboot.

On first boot did you get the gapps installer to sign in to google? If not i'd wipe and format system in recovery and flash again.

Status
Not open for further replies.