[ROM][WIP-ALPHA7][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Just thought I'd mention this, but when I download my cover art using Cover Art Downloader it works until I reboot my phone, then all the album art disappears. Don't know if its a bug with the ROM or app but I thought I'd just throw that out there.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Its proly because of the sdcard issue where things seem to be gone after a reboot. The sd ext scripts will maybe fix it.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Its proly because of the sdcard issue where things seem to be gone after a reboot. The sd ext scripts will maybe fix it.

Well, if Zack(and I'm sure he will) implements those sd-ext init.d scripts, it will be worth it.
I've got 197 apps installed, using alpha3 + what I provided, and not a single app has caused me any issues.
Only annoying part so far, is the "Android is Upgrading: optimizing 'x' out of 'a lot' of apps..." at every boot.. I wonder how tdm fixed that in CM9, maybe the same method could be used for CM10?

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, if Zack(and I'm sure he will) implements those sd-ext init.d scripts, it will be worth it.
I've got 197 apps installed, using alpha3 + what I provided, and not a single app has caused me any issues.
Only annoying part so far, is the "Android is Upgrading: optimizing 'x' out of 'a lot' of apps..." at every boot.. I wonder how tdm fixed that in CM9, maybe the same method could be used for CM10?

Well asked him
I used patch but lost home button :banghead::banghead:

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think imma leave trebuchet launcher and impliment the scripts when I get home, nitestalkr do I have to be partitioned for these scripts to work?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I think imma leave trebuchet launcher and impliment the scripts when I get home, nitestalkr do I have to be partitioned for these scripts to work?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, they rely on the ext partition.
Same method used in tdm's quattrimus.
Minimum of either 512MB or 1GB ext(2, 3 or 4) partition.

And about the Android is upgrading thing, I think an init.d script can fix that as well.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

After flashing the fix while on cm10, yes, i lost the home button. it was quite strange. Went back to zv5 firmware, and flashed it again and it worked. haha it was so weird...

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Tested Bluetooth functionality on Alpha 3. It connected and paired successfully. Was able to have conversation without any issues.

Edit: Tried it again, phone rebooted after turning Bluetooth off.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: andrewnelson23

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
@nitestalkr
Your patch did not work I moved app 2 sdcard and it deleted itself
I have a 512 mb partition

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Master Gowa

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

App2ex fix wasn't able to be simply copied. ES File Explorer won't find the files when placed on SD card. Worst part is that I deleted stuff from the init.d folder already. Good thing I backed up the rom.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
@everyone.
This app 2 ext scripts I provided aren't meant to fix movement of apps to the SD card, after flashing the ROM after you pit the files into it, it automatically moves all apps to the ext partition, just like in quattrimus.
You can only apply it as directed in the zip I provided(or if Zack adds it to the next build).
Its app2ext, not app2sd.

I found out that it can only be added to the ROM.zip before install.
So follow the instructions within the zip, using a computer.

sent from my G-T-R.

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
@everyone.
This app 2 ext scripts I provided aren't meant to fix movement of apps to the SD card, after flashing the ROM after you pit the files into it, it automatically moves all apps to the ext partition, just like in quattrimus.
You can only apply it as directed in the zip I provided(or if Zack adds it to the next build).
Its app2ext, not app2sd.

I found out that it can only be added to the ROM.zip before install.
So follow the instructions within the zip, using a computer.

sent from my G-T-R.

@nitestalkr can you point me to your zip that you made.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
@Zackman, instructions are included in the zip, this is NOT flashable(however, I will include this in all of my patches I made, by Saturday.), and this is to be implemented into the ROM.

Follow this post. ^^

@nitestalkr can you point me to your zip that you made.

That post up there ^^^

Last edited:
Reactions: r0gu3dev1pr

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm still really stumped on this native app2sd problem. Replaced the vold files, that didnt work, replaced bin files with others from a different rom, that didnt work, replaced librarys, got bootloop :/ dang. This is going to be difficult.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm still really stumped on this native app2sd problem. Replaced the vold files, that didnt work, replaced bin files with others from a different rom, that didnt work, replaced librarys, got bootloop :/ dang. This is going to be difficult.

what problem? whats happening

Status
Not open for further replies.