[ROM][WIP-ALPHA7][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP-ALPHA4][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Alpha 5 Uploaded, MMS fixed (Hopefully), added new youtube apk, Rashed97's Catapult launcher will be implemented when he releases it, Theme chooser FC's Right now guys, I dont know whats wrong with it and didnt have the time to fix it atm.

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Alpha 5 Uploaded, MMS fixed (Hopefully), added new youtube apk, Rashed97's Catapult launcher will be implemented when he releases it, Theme chooser FC's Right now guys, I dont know whats wrong with it and didnt have the time to fix it atm.

Do I def need to flash the kernel? The link to it on the OP won't work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

redrunner1985

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
alpha 5 seems to be running well. the only issue I can find is the WiFi doesn't want to turn on. is it possible that testkernal16 which I flashed is to blame?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
alpha 5 seems to be running well. the only issue I can find is the WiFi doesn't want to turn on. is it possible that testkernal16 which I flashed is to blame?

Yes, probably, also ive found that 3g goes in and out sometimes. I'm also currently working on that

Master Gowa

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP-ALPHA5][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Something worth looking into is the Playstore. I don't know how it decides if your device can run certian apps but that particular permission might be broken. Today I noticed something that I felt like pointing out here. I can download some apps that I used to use on ICS just fine (like Opera and Kik). While others that ran on ICS instead tell me "Your device isn't compatible with this version". Anyways I was looking to see if Viber worked again and it clearly says it has JB support in the version notes. Yet it's listed as incompatible. I didn't think anything of it yet until I looked at Illusia 2 (a game that I started playing while on ICS). I've got Illusia 2 on my phone still and it works. I must have installed it from a Titanium Backup because the Playstore lists Illusia 2 as incompatible. So I've got one app that the store says I shouldn't and there is one app that the developers say should work... makes me think it's just the Playstore that is somewhat broken. The Playstore works but I'm guessing not perfectly. The moral of this story is... double check your apps and backups. There might be more apps running on JB than the Playstore leads us to believe.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Something worth looking into is the Playstore. I don't know how it decides if your device can run certian apps but that particular permission might be broken. Today I noticed something that I felt like pointing out here. I can download some apps that I used to use on ICS just fine (like Opera and Kik). While others that ran on ICS instead tell me "Your device isn't compatible with this version". Anyways I was looking to see if Viber worked again and it clearly says it has JB support in the version notes. Yet it's listed as incompatible. I didn't think anything of it yet until I looked at Illusia 2 (a game that I started playing while on ICS). I've got Illusia 2 on my phone still and it works. I must have installed it from a Titanium Backup because the Playstore lists Illusia 2 as incompatible. So I've got one app that the store says I shouldn't and there is one app that the developers say should work... makes me think it's just the Playstore that is somewhat broken. The Playstore works but I'm guessing not perfectly. The moral of this story is... double check your apps and backups. There might be more apps running on JB than the Playstore leads us to believe.

Play store doesn't work because most devs haven't added jb support yet. If you haven't notices jb and ics look the same but there coding is completely different

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
All it requires to upgrade your app to jellybean is to change to target API in the manifest pretty much. Its quite simple, because they haven't removed any code just added code so there aren't any methods that need to be changed.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Most apps are saying its not compatible due to official support is dropping for several ARMv6 devices. You can still use the app, just can't get it from the playstore anymore.
And it has something to do with the device model, and android version combo.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

Reactions: Master Gowa

Master Gowa

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP-ALPHA5][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Thanks nitestalkr. That's what I was trying to say. Some of your old apps still work. Not all of them broke with the change to JB (even if the Playstore thinks so). I've noticed a few comments on various Android forums about the lack of JB apps. Well everyone doesn't have to be discouraged if they have backups from ICS.

K

kobequintana

I pointed this out in alpha1/3.
I'd say its a minor bug that doesn't need immediate attention.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

Out of curiosity what would course that

Status
Not open for further replies.