[ROM][WIP-ALPHA7][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP-ALPHA5][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

It could be your phone's processor problem. Or it could be the kernel. Try switching the kernel. If that doesn't work, it might not. It could be that this rom on your phone on this rom is just too unstable at the default oc settings, and you can't change the defaults unless you're booted...

Reactions: lattimorej1986

lattimorej1986

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
It could be your phone's processor problem. Or it could be the kernel. Try switching the kernel. If that doesn't work, it might not. It could be that this rom on your phone on this rom is just too unstable at the default oc settings, and you can't change the defaults unless you're booted...

Ok. I do flash test kernel 15 after gapps, so will try without flashing kravens kernel. If that doesn't work, I can change the default clock speeds on my first boot (its the second boot that's giving me problems) , so we will see if either of those help. I will report back. Thanks guys, and please feel free to come forward with any other ideas as to what the problem could be.

It's just odd it boots the first time, but not the second. I've never encountered this problem.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

K

kobequintana

Ok. I do flash test kernel 15 after gapps, so will try without flashing kravens kernel. If that doesn't work, I can change the default clock speeds on my first boot (its the second boot that's giving me problems) , so we will see if either of those help. I will report back. Thanks guys, and please feel free to come forward with any other ideas as to what the problem could be.

It's just odd it boots the first time, but not the second. I've never encountered this problem.

If that doesn't work try downloading every thing again than flash

lattimorej1986

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

If that doesn't work try downloading every thing again than flash

Tried all three of these, with no luck. Can still boot the first time, after installation, but a reboot after that just hangs at the boot animation. Any more suggestions guys? This is bizarre, and i would really like to figure it out. I will do some more Google'ing, but if you have any ideas, please share!

lattimorej1986

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
buy a new sdcard... or try reformatting the one you have... (copy sd to pc)(copy back after formatting)... ?

The sd card that I have is relatively new, a class 10 16 gig. But I will try to reformat once I get home (3 hrs) and post back with the results of that as well. Thanks for all the suggestions so far guys! Someone has to know what's going on here...

lattimorej1986

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
buy a new sdcard... or try reformatting the one you have... (copy sd to pc)(copy back after formatting)... ?

Ok guys, for some reason reformatting and repartioning my sd card allowed me to boot the second time. Can anyone shed any insight as to why this made a difference? After all, I replaced all the files back onto the sd card that were there before the format. This one has me scratching my head in confusion. At any rate, it worked, and thats all that really matters.

Thanks guys.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys, for some reason reformatting and repartioning my sd card allowed me to boot the second time. Can anyone shed any insight as to why this made a difference? After all, I replaced all the files back onto the sd card that were there before the format. This one has me scratching my head in confusion. At any rate, it worked, and thats all that really matters.

Thanks guys.

Probably filesystem errors. You don't need to format. A simple chkdsk on the card would've sufficed.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: lattimorej1986

lattimorej1986

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Probably filesystem errors. You don't need to format. A simple chkdsk on the card would've sufficed.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in case I (or someone else else) runs into that problem in the future.

Sent From My JeLLyBeaN'd / MiRaGe'D Optimus V

androidCHEECH

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm bout to try this ive been using cm9 Bobz rom for a good month now waiting on a steady jelly bean from from what I'm seeing its steady enough for me , great job on the steady updates

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Great work with the rom so far. Everything I need is working, and haven't had any problems with this. Using the test kernel really helped a lot too. Can't wait to see how this one goes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Everything runs very smoothly so far :)

The only problem I have is that when I dial a number there doesn't seem to be any dialing tone when it's connecting to a call. I know that it's connected since I dialed my house phone and it rang, but is there any option to turn the dialing tone back on?

Edit: Fixed it by flashing the kernel.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I saw a couple of posts about this, but no real resolution. You guys using the test kernel, do you have working Wi-Fi? I flashed it, and it borked Wi-Fi, so I wiped and re-flashed without it and it seems to be working just fine, but would like to use what's recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad