[ROM][WIP-ALPHA7][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
What's the Srec folder?

Doesnt google have like, an Offline function?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

The /usr/srec folder contains the files for the offline recognition. However, we can't use them as the updated libvoicesearch files that use these files for Google Now are ARMv7 only.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
What if we get the files that make voice search work from ICS and port them here

I am not new I created a new account for a reason

They would work in their present form, but we don't have a working microphone yet. We still would not have offline recognition as those require the ARMv7 jelly bean voice search libraries (of which are Google proprietary software, meaning that we don't have the source needed to build ARMv6 versions of them)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ZackVortex

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP-ALPHA6][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

any one experiencing an abnormal amount of battery drain?

Yea I've been having this problem as well, went from 100% to 67% in an hour after I unplugged it.

Does anyone else have the problem with the speaker not being loud enough with making calls?
Is there any easy fix for this? I also can't get the loud speaker to work.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I decided to try this out and see how well it worked. Seems to work fine the mms works to it seems I send a message to myself and it responded with the message I sent. Only thing I see wrong right now is there seems to be some graphical issues with it seeming to jerk a little when it is doing the animation of some things. Also I have tried the latest gooinsideme gapps and it would seem they work fine I am able to get all apps to show up in the google play store. And a better alternative for using the web for a computer I think is the easy tether. It may not be a hotspot but it seems to be stable and works fine. It would be nice if the built in hotspot would work eventually on the ics and jelly bean roms.

morimar

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this rom - its great! I know its still an alpha, but it seems stable enough to use it as a daily driver :)

I've seen a huge difference in my battery drain by turning WiFi off - more than I can recall with other roms [Alpha6 w/o test15 kernel - SavageZen 245/600]

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
One bug that I have noticed:
Sometimes, when receiving/making a call, the speaker just doesnt work.
And its usually sometime after I play a game(and then close it), but also occurs just randomly. And it persists until I reboot(which takes a while still).

I still use this my DD despite the quirks. :D

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No we gotta use a work around with gb voice search

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Would that one work if we pulled the voice search apk from a data folder then delete voice search from jb gapps then install voice search apk?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.