[ROM][WIP-ALPHA7][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this wont matter with alpha8 and going forward, but when I loaded alpha7_2 I used link2sd to force all of my apps into sd-ext, dalvik-cache, etc; basically had it set to move as much as it could and to do so for every new app install. I've had no problems with it. As in to say I have not yet had the problems others have reported where the apps would just disappear.

Also wanted to point out that native AP tethering doesn't work; similar to the various ICS roms you can find here.

You're not supposed to use link2sd.
There's already native app2ext support, just like quattrimus.
Link2sd doesn't play well with the app2ext scripts. If you have any future issues, you've been warned, and will have to remove link2sd, and wipe your sd-ext partition, and thus losing all of you're apps.

And until the known issues in ICS are fixed, they will persist in jellybean (Wifi AP, choppy HD streaming, Netflix, etc).

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
the nav bar fits perfectly fine if you reduce the size a little, and comes in real handy when not all the buttons on the phone work

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I would jump on that quick

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Lots of people would hopefully zakman,bob,or I will port it after jellybean is almost fully functional like ics but that will be awhile
My new Godzilla might have nav bar maybe

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Rudeco

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Lots of people would hopefully zakman,bob,or I will port it after jellybean is almost fully functional like ics but that will be awhile

@jonny. I don't personally know you but I wanted to say u remind me of myself 17 yrs ago when I was ur age. 17 years ago I was learning HTML, and Modding Windows games lol. Anyway. Keep up the great work! While I love that both my God sons that are about your age are playing football...... I secretly wish they were porting and developing ROMs too lolz. :D

Reactions: jonny5449

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
@jonny. I don't personally know you but I wanted to say u remind me of myself 17 yrs ago when I was ur age. 17 years ago I was learning HTML, and Modding Windows games lol. Anyway. Keep up the great work! While I love that both my God sons that are about your age are playing football...... I secretly wish they were porting and developing ROMs too lolz. :D

Lol ya I see where that comes into play
The fun part is making Godzilla for the nexus 7:eek: I'm gonna get one 40 bucks in 160 more to go

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Didn't you say you already have a nexus 7?

Mine's being shipped :) got no notice of it shipping but the receipt email said that the card would be charged when it shipped and it was charged. only wish they'd given me a tracking number.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You're not supposed to use link2sd.
There's already native app2ext support, just like quattrimus.
Link2sd doesn't play well with the app2ext scripts. If you have any future issues, you've been warned, and will have to remove link2sd, and wipe your sd-ext partition, and thus losing all of you're apps.

And until the known issues in ICS are fixed, they will persist in jellybean (Wifi AP, choppy HD streaming, Netflix, etc).

Yes, I know. I was just pointing out that link2sd worked well for me for the last couple days while others here have posted that the built in doesn't work too well.

Not trying to encourage its use, rather, perhaps see why link2sd works and the built in does not. Like I said though, probably not worth the effort if alpha8 has a fix for native support.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

or maybe tdm could keep his quattrimus legacy going... But back on topic guys.

1saint20

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah and on Alpha 7 , when I reboot my phone the apps on the sd card don't load for some reason. when i go into settings>storage it force closes, anyway to fix that?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah and on Alpha 7 , when I reboot my phone the apps on the sd card don't load for some reason. when i go into settings>storage it force closes, anyway to fix that?

Native app2sd doesn't work.
Don't move your apps to SD.
These issues are known, and may, or may not be fixed in the next build.

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Native app2sd doesn't work.
Don't move your apps to SD.
These issues are known, and may, or may not be fixed in the next build.

By default the install location is set to automatic, so some apps from the market get installed on the sdcard. By setting the install location to internal will help.

In terminal from a root prompt, type the following:

pm set-install-location 1

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc