04-27-2012 04:32 PM
673 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Do any of these roms address the 3G standby battery drain issue? While running this rom, I noticed a crazy spike in battery use under 3G. I followed the directions found here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...tml#post579387

And my phone is all better, at least until I reboot again. I don't fully understand the problem, but is there any way to put in place a permanent fix?
    03-12-2011 11:55 AM
    Do any of these roms address the 3G standby battery drain issue? While running this rom, I noticed a crazy spike in battery use under 3G. I followed the directions found here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...tml#post579387

And my phone is all better, at least until I reboot again. I don't fully understand the problem, but is there any way to put in place a permanent fix?
    After reboot Time without a signal" is 50%.
    Than I turn Airplane mode ON and OFF.
    And time without signal is slowly going down.
    But a had problem with every ROM with Optimus V yet and lot of other phones reporting it.
    you can fix it with *#*#4636#*#* and select "CDMA only" and then select "CDMA auto (PRL),
    but simple airplane on/off work as well and you have to push less buttons

It will be nice is somebody can write some script like and put it in ROM:

start
    1 min after boot check if Time without a signal" is 50%
    if no = end app
    if yes = turn Airplane mode ON and OFF
    1 min after app start check if Time without a signal" is 50%
    if less = end app
    end
    03-12-2011 02:21 PM
    After reboot Time without a signal" is 50%.
    Than I turn Airplane mode ON and OFF.
    And time without signal is slowly going down.
    But a had problem with every ROM with Optimus V yet and lot of other phones reporting it.
    you can fix it with *#*#4636#*#* and select "CDMA only" and then select "CDMA auto (PRL),
    but simple airplane on/off work as well and you have to push less buttons

It will be nice is somebody can write some script like and put it in ROM:

start
    1 min after boot check if Time without a signal" is 50%
    if no = end app
    1 min after app start check if Time without a signal" is 50%
    if less = end app
    end
    Just install this.
    mmarz likes this.
    03-12-2011 03:06 PM
    How long does it take to start up the first time.... the green boot animation keeps looping
    03-12-2011 05:42 PM
    How long does it take to start up the first time.... the green boot animation keeps looping
    I had this problem you have to download romtools and rename the recovery to vrecovery then it's self explanatory.
    humanakeo likes this.
    03-12-2011 07:22 PM
    Just install this.
    yep. it works. exactly what I was talking about.

I thing mmmark111 will just glue it to the next update.
    just 7K and it kill itself after execution.
    Unless somebody will actually fix android bug
    03-12-2011 07:28 PM
    Jmel, I wasn't really being insistent or anything. I merely asked a question earlier that he had plenty of time to respond to, yet he ignored it and responded to other questions. So I'm simply re asking the same question. I could have trolled, but I am aware that he has schooling. Plus I do enjoy his work, wouldn't want him to stop now.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-12-2011 09:55 PM
    I had this problem you have to download romtools and rename the recovery to vrecovery then it's self explanatory.
    thx... i think it was because i didnt do step 1 and 2 idk but thx anyways
    03-13-2011 03:10 AM
    Is anybody else getting an issue where the Google Voice Search app is force closing immediately when it opens?
    03-13-2011 03:34 AM
    I had the same problem Rae.. I guess it's not included in the ROM, but no big deal. Just install it for free from the market!

BTW this ROM is awesome! Great work, I like it so much more than stock + xiona.. super slick looking and I get awesome battery life, too!
    03-13-2011 03:44 AM
    I found 1 problem with 3/6/2011 ROM. I was not able to detect location using wireless in google maps. (GPS Location works fine) Is anyone having the same issue?
    03-13-2011 11:24 AM
    Has anyone been able to install a diffrent version of launcher pro.? I've npticed it always fails and I would really love to use a diffrent version along with the newest one
    03-13-2011 01:00 PM
    I've installed ADW launcher ex, more option choices and themes, in my opinion. Then I uninstalled launcher pro. Everything has been working fine for me thus far.

03-13-2011 01:14 PM
    Has anyone been able to install a diffrent version of launcher pro.? I've npticed it always fails and I would really love to use a diffrent version along with the newest one
    1. Install and set a different launcher as default otherwise you'll be reflashing the ROM since you won't have a launcher
    2. Uninstall LP (I used Ti)
    3. Install different version of LP
    4. Switch LP to default launcher
    03-13-2011 01:18 PM
    You have to first install a different launcher. Then use the native app manager (not titanium backup) to uninstall launcher pro. Then, install your version of launcher pro. And finally, you can remove the launcher you installed to begin with. If you forget to install a different launcher first, you'll be locked out of android when you uninstall launcher pro.
    03-13-2011 01:18 PM
    Just wondering is this rom compatible with the optimus s
    03-13-2011 04:42 PM
    I can't seem to install the rom, I have clockwork and root. But for some reason I always get 'remount failed: operation aborted' in Romtools and installation aborted when I try to install it manually in clockwork.

Can anyone help me out? Or if anyone has experienced this before?
    03-13-2011 07:27 PM
    I can't seem to install the rom, I have clockwork and root. But for some reason I always get 'remount failed: operation aborted' in Romtools and installation aborted when I try to install it manually in clockwork.

Can anyone help me out? Or if anyone has experienced this before?
    Are you using the recovery recommended in the first post? http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-2518-4-a.html
    03-13-2011 07:32 PM
    Are you using the recovery recommended in the first post? http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-2518-4-a.html
    Well I just installed that clockwork thanks and have installed the ROM, but it's now stuck on Boot loop...how do I fix this do I just reinstall the ROM?
    03-13-2011 07:55 PM
    Well I just installed that clockwork thanks and have installed the ROM, but it's now stuck on Boot loop...how do I fix this do I just reinstall the ROM?
    Try following the steps again but from the beginning. Wiping everything might help.
    03-13-2011 08:04 PM
    I recommend using the thunder flash thingy for recovery. I didn't even see optimus supported in the basic clock work mod app. Besides, it's easy as pie to flash the custom recovery.

03-13-2011 09:43 PM
    It's still looping on the green android swirly boot screen, can't get passed it for some reason.

Tried wiping data and dalvik-cache, but still to no avail.

I'm currently running [Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.4)

And using Romtools to flash the ROM. Still getting the same result each time, has anyone else experienced this?
    03-13-2011 10:58 PM
    It's still looping on the green android swirly boot screen, can't get passed it for some reason.

Tried wiping data and dalvik-cache, but still to no avail.

I'm currently running [Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.4)

And using Romtools to flash the ROM. Still getting the same result each time, has anyone else experienced this?
    Are you waiting long enough on the first boot? That usually takes extra long as the rom is configuring itself.
    03-13-2011 11:16 PM
    Are you waiting long enough on the first boot? That usually takes extra long as the rom is configuring itself.
    Would the boot screen continually freeze than show an underscore '_' on the left then restart the boot screen again?
    I may have been impatient if that is normal, I'll try it again and wait a while and see if it works.

EDIT: got it thank you for all your help mmarz!
    03-14-2011 02:19 AM
    I had that same problem when I first tried flashing the rom AND the blue theme both at the same time. I re flashed just the rom and it worked, then I flashed the blue theme.

03-14-2011 02:49 AM
673 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD