ARCHIVED: [ROM] RodimusROM v1.2.3 + xionia [4/3/11] All themes update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I was referring to their bluetooth device issue. As for the location service issue, I would think that it should NOT work without GPS, as that is the whole point of location services.

Granted, I haven't tried location without GPS, but I suppose I can give it a shot.

EDIT: Yeah, doesn't appear location works without GPS, why is this an issue though? Why would you want an inaccurate reading anyways?

some programs only use network location

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm well that is a dilly of a pickle... I guess whenever he gets back from his testing, he can address this issue. It sounds like an actual valid one, unlike the bluetooth one.

RKBA

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
How can you blithely dismiss the bluetooth problems as invalid? I'm glad you're not the developer. At least three of us have said that our phone was pairing with our device prior to flashing the RodimusROM, and those of us experiencing the problem are seeing the same exact crash. While it may only affect a small percentage of users, there's undoubtedly something wrong.

So is ignorance really bliss? I've always heard that, but I thought I should ask someone with experience.

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
How typical... Yes yes call me ignorant. Anyways, I'm not the kind of person to develop things for other people, though I am glad to help with info when I can. Still, 3 of you said you have an issue with bluetooth, out of how many who use this ROM? Minority vs majority usually means the minority simply did something wrong on their part.

Did you try other devices? Did you try resetting the passcode for said device via another bluetooth enabled device? Did you even try ANYTHING or am I simply sharing this "ignorance" alone? Pfft, troll me more, not like your 3 issues make much of a difference. This ROM is very similar to the Xionia + Stock, try that maybe if this one doesn't have everything you need?

Jmel, he addressed that those people had problems, that doesn't mean it IS a problem. There is a difference between those two things. Like I said in above paragraph, minority vs majority usually means minority simply did something wrong.

RKBA

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Did you try other devices? Did you try resetting the passcode for said device via another bluetooth enabled device? Did you even try ANYTHING or am I simply sharing this "ignorance" alone? Pfft, troll me more, not like your 3 issues make much of a difference. This ROM is very similar to the Xionia + Stock, try that maybe if this one doesn't have everything you need?

My car asks me for the passcode when I start the pairing process, so yes, I've tried numerous passcodes. The problem is that we can't get to the passcode screen on the V because when it tries to pop it up, that's when the FC happens.

My wife's V (stock) still pairs fine with my car. But you did make me realize that she has an old BT speakerphone somewhere. If I can find that (and charge it up) then I can at least try that. I'm also still waiting for an evening when I have a couple hours free to try restoring my Nandroid backup, backing up the BT settings via TiBackup, and then reflashing this ROM and restoring those BT settings. But to be honest, I haven't forced myself to make the time as I was hoping he would release a new version soon.

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I have pending issues I would like addressed as well, though not quite the same issues you experience. College grads do tend to be an off and on sort, so we might not see another update for a month if he JUST started his exams.

Sometimes it is just a simple problem as a bad flash, or a bad device (On either end). Did you come from stock or did you come from another ROM? Did that ROM have the same kind of issue? What recovery did you use? And yeah, that was something I didn't think of either, as I don't use the app myself, but Titanium Backup might just be able to save you the hassle without waiting for an update. It is a pain, I realize, to have to do trial and error, but sometimes that's all it takes.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Location via the network or WiFi does not work on my phone. My wife's is working just fine, hers is untampered with.

So it's the Rom.

The towers in my area are getting alot of work and at first I thought internet issues and dropped calls was caused by the Rom but having a stock Optimus V near by helps me figure things out.

My wife wants me to put in on her phone, I talked her out of it for now. I like having a stock phone around to help trouble shoot.

Again, This rom has been love at first boot. This phone is my first android device and I truly love it.

Last edited:

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That seems kind of... not nice. You get to enjoy the ROM and she doesn't? Stock is horrible and you shouldn't make anyone suffer the slowness it offers if they don't want to. That's why there is a custom recovery and the ability to reflash to stock.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
That seems kind of... not nice. You get to enjoy the ROM and she doesn't? Stock is horrible and you shouldn't make anyone suffer the slowness it offers if they don't want to. That's why there is a custom recovery and the ability to reflash to stock.

She's not a power user, on top of that I don't feel that this Rom is mature enough. She asked me to hack her phone like mine. I simply told her what doesn't currently work and she made her own decision. When the Bluetooth and WiFi/3G location get fixed she will ask me again.

Last edited:

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
How typical... Yes yes call me ignorant. Anyways, I'm not the kind of person to develop things for other people, though I am glad to help with info when I can. Still, 3 of you said you have an issue with bluetooth, out of how many who use this ROM? Minority vs majority usually means the minority simply did something wrong on their part.

Jmel, he addressed that those people had problems, that doesn't mean it IS a problem. There is a difference between those two things. Like I said in above paragraph, minority vs majority usually means minority simply did something wrong.

I am more than familiar with flashing roms, I've been doing it for many years. There is in fact an issue with bluetooth on this particular rom, that did not occur on stock+xionia. Rather than try to re-invent the wheel for us, please only report issues you are having and leave the rest of your analytical conclusions of our issues out of it.

On the issue of issues, I concur with the problem with locations not occurring as they did before (without resorting to GPS), and the issue with bluetooth.

I have a minor issue with launcherpro force closing after being on the charger all night, but I had the same issue with stock+xionia as well.

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
my update on BUGS

bluetooth doesn't pair with my Car navigation - Pioneer F900BT
if is F900BT discover mode phone doesn't offer window to input PIN just displaying pairing error than force close phone BT.
if Optimus V is in discover mode and F900BT try connect => force close phone BT.

Latitude
Google Latitude doesn't auto update position in backround with this ROM, location services over wifi/3g. only works if i turn gps on

Please include in next update
to fix stand by 50% : [APP] 50% time without a signal fix - 2/2/2011 - xda-developers
to check minutes with one click (showing minutes also if somebody rings): Minutes Checker: Virgin Mobile by JAY GOEL

Please add
automatic switch
if screen off => switch to 2G
if screen on => switch to 3G
when is screen off it can slowly synchronize we don't care how fast because we are not looking anyway. we will save lot of battery time.

Please comment or add another suggestions.
Thank you

overthinkingme

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone interested in bootanimation fix. Someone on XDA updated it. It now works and much smoother. Only problem is that it's a tad big for the device. I guess it's meant for HDPI devices. Nonetheless, works and looks great, smooooth.

LINK
push to /data/local/

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The 50% time "fix" is just a band-aid that toggles airplane mode on boot. If a rom is going to address the problem, it should be an actual fix. Otherwise, just load this app yourself. It should stay after a rom update if you don't wipe the data.

The 2G-3G switcher seems like a personal preference. What if someone wants to stream music while the screen is off? Why do you think there is a battery saving effect? If there is no data transmission, the 3G/2G just polls the tower occasionally. I would think it would be the same amount of battery drain.

Minutes checker does sound interesting. Here is the source code if anyone is interested: https://github.com/poundifdef/VirginMobileMinutesChecker
And here is the market page: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jaygoel.virginminuteschecker

Last edited:

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
changing from 2g to 3g also temporarily drops signal from what I've seen. This could mean you miss a call or similar situation happens with data being temporarily dropped.

I will say that 2g vs 3g, 2g definitely uses far less battery than 3g, but I can't say that an auto switching app would work well enough to make me use it.

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
50%fix is just bandaid but since there is no real fix on horizon why not use it it is just 12sec on boot. And it saves batt.

2g-3g need to be enabled in kernel anyway, I think it is working with CM but in Xionia is not enabled.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Why does the tethering not work?
Can't get it working using widgetsoid
A good majority of the time I have no internet access as well
3g off and on solution doesn't work either

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree that it would be nice to have the option of 2G, but I don't think it saves any battery life unless you are using data. If the phone is idle, it doesn't matter which you have enabled. Also, switching between 2G and 3G every time the screen turns on would result in all your incoming voip calls being dropped. Where would we be without free unlimited minutes :)

2G GPRS vs. 3G UMTS connection battery usage on mobile phones ? /contrib/famzah

This was a very interesting article, thanks for sharing. Although it looks like he updated it to say that it does in fact use more power, but I can't imagine anyone not using data on this particular phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781