ARCHIVED: [ROM] RodimusROM v1.2.3 + xionia [4/3/11] All themes update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This was a very interesting article, thanks for sharing. Although it looks like he updated it to say that it does in fact use more power, but I can't imagine anyone not using data on this particular phone.

Well, the the update says that the Iphone uses more power while in a call and the 3G is on. So you would only save power if switching to 2G before making or receiving calls on the Iphone.

I suspect even this limited case is Iphone specific. The Iphone routes calls through 3G so that you can surf the web while talking. If you'll notice on the Optimus V, the 3G is disabled while making phone calls.

As it states in the article, if you are using 2G for regular data use on the Optimus V, the advantage of lower battery draw will be completely eliminated by the slower download speeds which will require you to leave data transfers running longer. And when in the idle state, 3G and 2G both draw the same amount of power. So really, in no situation is the 2G better than 3G for battery usage.

I think where people are seeing the benefit to switching to 2G on the Optimus V is in disabling and re-enabling their wireless radio in the process. This has the side effect of fixing the 50% standby issue. I bet if they then switched back again to 3G, they would get even better battery life.

At least that is my opinion :)

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I get pretty good battery life with 3g on all the time, so I'm not as worried, plus 2g is so slow, that his argument about it taking longer to download and thus eating more power is very very plausible. I'll stick with 3g unless I want to set it to 2g for a whole day or something.

EpicCyndaquil

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: JuiceDefender

I just use JuiceDefender to turn 3G off when not in use. Saves a lot of battery for me.

I've actually found that using Tasker to disable 3G when I'm on my home WiFi saves even more battery. I've used it for a few tricks like that, my battery seems to last much longer now (Though I doubt I could push any more than a full 24 hours out of it).

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that when wifi is enabled AND active, 3G is automatically turned off. At least that is what Juice Defense makes it sound like in the notification bar.

webdoctors

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
this ROM works well, bluetooth is a little weird (sometimes it only connects in phone mode, rather than stereo BT mode as well).

Wifi, and everything else is great.

The 3G cutting out is a problem, but its something I've had with all ROMs including the stock. I guess its either the phone or Virgin's towers that are the issue.

Thanks for Rodimus

BadAngel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
my update on BUGS

bluetooth doesn't pair with my Car navigation - Pioneer F900BT
if is F900BT discover mode phone doesn't offer window to input PIN just displaying pairing error than force close phone BT.
if Optimus V is in discover mode and F900BT try connect => force close phone BT.

Latitude
Google Latitude doesn't auto update position in backround with this ROM, location services over wifi/3g. only works if i turn gps on

Please include in next update
to fix stand by 50% : [APP] 50% time without a signal fix - 2/2/2011 - xda-developers
to check minutes with one click (showing minutes also if somebody rings): Minutes Checker: Virgin Mobile by JAY GOEL

Please add
automatic switch
if screen off => switch to 2G
if screen on => switch to 3G
when is screen off it can slowly synchronize we don't care how fast because we are not looking anyway. we will save lot of battery time.

Please comment or add another suggestions.
Thank you

Same head unit, same issue lol... And as far as someone was saying about us messing something up, the gingerbread ROM for the optimus v has "Bluetooth pairing" listed as one of the not working issues right at the bottom of the thread lol... there is obviously an issue with custom ROMS and bluetooth for the optimus V...

RKBA

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
JFYI, I don't have that head unit. My car (2005 Acura) came with BT, and that's what I can't pair with. But your experience does seem to imply that it's something in the handshaking causing the FC.

RKBA

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It looks like mmmark111 didn't contribute single comment for more than week. Either is he super busy or rom is abandoned.

Seriously? One week does not equal abandoned, particularly when one of his last comments was that he would be taking a few days off. On top of that, he edited the OP two days ago.

EpicCyndaquil

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to ask, any progress on the Notification bar text color for the blue theme? (Notification bar is black, text is black.) I know you said you've been trying to work on it before, any luck yet? This is the only thing that I would like to see changed, then it would be perfect in my eyes.

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Two questions on the status bar, not even requests for fix's... just questions to be answered, you would think this would be easy enough... yes no?

Status
Not open for further replies.