04-27-2012 04:32 PM
673 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    So bluetooth and location services only work on blue theme v1?
    03-21-2011 05:21 PM
    So bluetooth and location services only work on blue theme v1?
    No, location works on any theme with the updated rom, but bluetooth has some issues with blue theme v2 (at least that's how it is when I tested).

Feel free to report your own results.
    03-21-2011 05:51 PM
    Aawwww balls. I thought I had it, haha. You guys will have to wait a few more days. In the meantime, try switching out the settings.apk in the black and blue theme with the stock one and try again. Also, use the build.prop from the ROM and not the one from any of the themes. Oops :P

Thanks for being patient
    I will test and report back.

EDIT
    I haven't had any luck. I will also use the older black and white theme.
    03-21-2011 07:16 PM
    How come after i flash the recovery and it does the auto reboot my phone is getting stuck at the LG screen and not going in to recovery mode?
    03-21-2011 07:25 PM
    How come after i flash the recovery and it does the auto reboot my phone is getting stuck at the LG screen and not going in to recovery mode?
    Start from scratch, read, re-read. This shouldn't happen, as all of these tools work unless you have a hardware problem or missed a step.
    03-21-2011 10:17 PM
    OK, I flashed the new release of the rom and the B&B theme v2, and successfully paired my phone. I had some issues when I restored from TiBackup, and also when I tried pushing the ROM's Settings.apk to my phone, so I reflashed everything and started over. Here's the steps I took that worked for me:
    1. Make a backup
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Reboot (not into Recovery)
    4. Reboot into Recovery
    5. Flash the Black & Blue Theme v2
    6. Reboot (not into Recovery)
    7. Reboot into Recovery
    8. Flash a2sd
    9. Reboot (not into Recovery)
    10. Run "adb shell" on computer to reinstall a2sd (it will reboot the phone)
    11. Go out to the garage and pair my car to the phone
    12. Do a happy dance

And since then, I restored my app (and some system) data from TiBackup, and just went back out and verified that my phone and car are still paired up. Oddly, I did have to go into Bluetooth Settings and tell it to connect, even though I had enabled BT from the Power Widget. So there may be an issue there.

Otherwise, the only issue I've found so far on the new ROM is that Google Talk fails to authenticate with my account (it's an apps account, if it makes any difference, and yes Talk is enabled for my domain.) I don't use GTalk though, so I don't really care.
    drezliok likes this.
    03-22-2011 12:23 AM
    Not sure if blue theme v2 is to blame or simply my ever so desired status bar's extra space... but I got force closes up the wazoo... will test further, of course, to see if maybe I muxed up something up... but that wasn't a happy thing for me...
    03-22-2011 12:29 AM
    Which a2sd are you using with this rom?
    03-22-2011 01:07 AM
    Everything works flawlessly for me with the black theme version two... Bluetooth connected without an issue! (I set up the connection BEFORE i updated the theme though, I'm not sure if that's why I'm not having an issue)
    03-22-2011 01:27 AM
    OK, I flashed the new release of the rom and the B&B theme v2, and successfully paired my phone. I had some issues when I restored from TiBackup, and also when I tried pushing the ROM's Settings.apk to my phone, so I reflashed everything and started over. Here's the steps I took that worked for me:
    1. Make a backup
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Reboot (not into Recovery)
    4. Reboot into Recovery
    5. Flash the Black & Blue Theme v2
    6. Reboot (not into Recovery)
    7. Reboot into Recovery
    8. Flash a2sd
    9. Reboot (not into Recovery)
    10. Run "adb shell" on computer to reinstall a2sd (it will reboot the phone)
    11. Go out to the garage and pair my car to the phone
    12. Do a happy dance

And since then, I restored my app (and some system) data from TiBackup, and just went back out and verified that my phone and car are still paired up. Oddly, I did have to go into Bluetooth Settings and tell it to connect, even though I had enabled BT from the Power Widget. So there may be an issue there.

Otherwise, the only issue I've found so far on the new ROM is that Google Talk fails to authenticate with my account (it's an apps account, if it makes any difference, and yes Talk is enabled for my domain.) I don't use GTalk though, so I don't really care.
    I tried it again. I followed your steps paired before applying the theme and it worked fine. I don't have anything else to pair it to yet to see if it can after the theme install.

I am happily and (lol) slowly able to transfer files to and from my phone.

I am looking for my headset.
    03-22-2011 01:32 AM
    Which a2sd are you using with this rom?
    The filename is dta2sd-2.7.5.2-1.zip and I'm using an ext3 partition on my sdcard. I'm not in front of the computer where I downloaded it so I can't check to find the link to thread right now. Let me know if you need it and I'll get it tonight.
    03-22-2011 06:43 AM
    Everything works flawlessly for me with the black theme version two... Bluetooth connected without an issue! (I set up the connection BEFORE i updated the theme though, I'm not sure if that's why I'm not having an issue)
    Probably. If you remove the connection, reboot, and then repair, you'd know for sure.
    03-22-2011 06:51 AM
    The filename is dta2sd-2.7.5.2-1.zip and I'm using an ext3 partition on my sdcard. I'm not in front of the computer where I downloaded it so I can't check to find the link to thread right now. Let me know if you need it and I'll get it tonight.
    Here it is: [Script][A2SD]Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 [N1] (01/29/2011) - xda-developers
    Thanks!
    Did you try beta 3 or 4 and they didn't work?

Update: I tried beta 4 and it worked great. No reinstall needed.
    03-22-2011 11:30 AM
    Is like to to recommend Link2SD as an alternative. Working awesome. Find it on the market or xda

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-22-2011 04:02 PM
    Here it is: [Script][A2SD]Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 [N1] (01/29/2011) - xda-developers
    Thanks!
    Did you try beta 3 or 4 and they didn't work?

Update: I tried beta 4 and it worked great. No reinstall needed.
    No, I didn't try the betas. After reading his notes, I just went with the last stable release. Glad to hear Beta4 works.
    03-23-2011 06:36 AM
    Is there a alternate kernel for overclocking besides xionia as I cannot deal with the battery issues anymore and for now going back to stock rom
    03-23-2011 11:07 AM
    mmmark111 when you have some time could you provide md5s for all of your downloads. I think I have gotten a few bad ones and had to redownload the files. It will also help us find bugs.

Again, love the work you put into your rom.
    03-24-2011 07:39 PM
    Is there a alternate kernel for overclocking besides xionia as I cannot deal with the battery issues anymore and for now going back to stock rom
    I would also like to know of kernel alternatives. Maybe something will give me stable 806MHz haha
    03-25-2011 01:13 PM
    Anyone know if there is a way to get RodimusROM 1.2.3 to install from a 3.0 CWMA? last time I tried it had issues because of the scripting type. I guess in 3.0+ they dropped support for the old scripting type, and i guess RodimusROM 1.2.3 is in that old scripting type??

Is there any plan to convert this ROM over to support the new CWMA?

Here is my problem:

I'm using Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6 Recovery on my Rooted Optimus V (froyo) using the RodimusROM 1.2.3 with Xionia Kernel 005

I'm planning to setup my device with Data2ext with ext4 partition support.
    This requires Clockwork Recovery 3.0+ because previous versions do not allow mounting of ext4 partitions. I was hoping to just start over clean after installing data2ext and then flash Rodimus over. I guess I could make a backup of my system/cache/data from my current recovery version and then upgrade my recovery to 3.0+, setup data2ext and restore those backups. I did not spend too much time reading through these threads to see if there was actually a way to get this rom flashed while using a 3.0+ ClockWork recovery. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks a bunch!
    03-25-2011 07:11 PM
    Hmm I flashed the rom, its amazing but sometimes it wont start up.. just freezes at boot
    03-25-2011 07:25 PM
    I'm planning to setup my device with Data2ext with ext4 partition support.
    I'm not sure if ext4 support is a function of the ROM or the recovery image, but if it's the ROM, then this ROM doesn't support ext4. I say that because I tried it and it didn't work, but as soon as I switched to ext3 then it worked. Also mmmark111 has said he would look into ext4 support, so that's another reason I feel confident saying it won't work. I used the supplied recovery image, FWIW.

03-25-2011 11:14 PM
    Currently, we only use a portion of the space available in our /system partition. The unused space can be reallocated to the /data partition to give us more space for apps. On our phones this would give us a little over a 40% increase in data storage (roughly 50 mb).

While I was working on this, something went wrong and I bricked my phone

Hopefully I'll save enough for a new phone soon. Maybe in two or three weeks? My beer fund is going to suffer a bit though, haha.
    03-26-2011 12:31 PM
    Currently, we only use a portion of the space available in our /system partition. The unused space can be reallocated to the /data partition to give us more space for apps. On our phones this would give us a little over a 40% increase in data storage (roughly 50 mb).

While I was working on this, something went wrong and I bricked my phone

Hopefully I'll save enough for a new phone soon. Maybe in two or three weeks? My beer fund is going to suffer a bit though, haha.
    In the meantime, can you please write down detail diff between Rodimus and stock?
    I don't wanna be disrespectful but:

My outside look is -
    prop.build is changed
    2 themes
    bootanimation different
    hosts file - no adds
    Screenstate scaling
    SOME virginware removed
    Xionia kernel
    choice of launcher
    broken bluetooth with blackandblue theme

but:
    benchmark result is same like stock + xionia
    battery life same or worse than stock. - http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...optimus-v.html

It looks like if I will:
    flash stock + xionia or stripped AphroditeROM.
    download from market noadds
    Blade buddy - for prop tweaks,
    SetCPU for profile switching
    gapps
    Titanium backup to remove bloat and
    upload theme framework-res.apk from http://Uot.dakra.lt/

I will have ROM with same or better performance, custom theme, same battery life, and working bluetooth.

Or is there something I missing?
    Some extras I didn't noticed?
    03-26-2011 03:03 PM
    In the meantime, can you please write down detail diff between Rodimus and stock?
    Rodimus, Stock + Xionia, and Aphrodite and pretty much all all other 2.2 roms use Xionia 005. After that, things got more complex trying to use it.

Stock + Xionia is just that, a stripped down, fully working stock rom with Xionia. Think of this as the father of most 2.2 roms. This is good for those who want minimal change from the stock rom. A clean, overclockable stock Virgin rom minus bloatware.

Rodimus is a stripped, themed rom with Xionia, a good one at that. It's good for those who want something different with minimal hassle. It's an alternative to Stock + Xionia.

Aphrodite is a bit different, this is not a pre-fabbed, ready to go rom. It's Stock + Xionia, minus everything that could be removed without causing trouble but can be easily replaced. There is no theme, few ringtones, no wallpaper, no boot animation, no Maps, no search, etc... It's bare android with Xionia. If you know what you want to put in and are willing to put the effort in, this will be the smallest rom (all should perform similar). Keep in mind however, that Aphrodite is the new rom on the block, it doesn't yet have the userbase to verify everything works like these other, more mature roms do. There could be a major issue we have yet to find.

I'm not out to steal people from Rodimus or Stock + Xionia (I have the utmost respect for Mmmark111 and RevolutionRed and their work), but considering what you are doing, Aphrodite may be your best bet. If nothing else, give it a try and see, you can always go back. Even rom builders play with other roms.
    03-26-2011 10:06 PM
    Is there any way to disable the fly animations?
    03-26-2011 10:38 PM
673 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD