ARCHIVED: [ROM] RodimusROM v1.2.3 + xionia [4/3/11] All themes update

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicCyndaquil

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Two questions on the status bar, not even requests for fix's... just questions to be answered, you would think this would be easy enough... yes no?

I'd rather have him working than answering my questions, if he chooses to do so in his spare time. Many people have lives beyond this, you have to respect that. Be appreciative of what you have, and learn that everything worth getting is worth waiting for.

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Work takes time, words take seconds. I am appreciative, and patient, and I've been patient for a while now. Also, I do believe I've stated that I'm aware of his life "beyond this"... still, I attend college and work and still have time to do idle chit chat here, I ask no more of him than I would myself.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Work takes time, words take seconds. I am appreciative, and patient, and I've been patient for a while now. Also, I do believe I've stated that I'm aware of his life "beyond this"... still, I attend college and work and still have time to do idle chit chat here, I ask no more of him than I would myself.
I try to tackle this.
When I first got my DX people wanted to mod the notification bar have it say things other than verizon and change it to black.

There is a way to do all this. What your wanting shouldnt be too hard. BUT it might be on the optimus. Seeing as how things like mms are overly complicated I would think removing notifications from the notifications bar could be complicated.

Skinning the bar tho is fairly simple process. I suggest maybe using your google-foo and seeing how its modified and if you can just skin it out.

Personally if I was the dev of this rom, I would have ignored the question to. It seems a bit condescending and the follow ups have been kinda demanding.

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Eh, be that as it may on whether he perceives it the same way or not... I just want to know how to remove something (Without the obvious problem of there being a gaping spot still taking up space) from the status bar. He modded it, he can make a rom, I thought he'd be the smartest one to ask such a thing.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Eh, be that as it may on whether he perceives it the same way or not... I just want to know how to remove something (Without the obvious problem of there being a gaping spot still taking up space) from the status bar. He modded it, he can make a rom, I thought he'd be the smartest one to ask such a thing.

Thinking about it more, there probably is away.
If you turn on airplane mode the bars and 3g icon goes away and the airplane shows up. And so on and so forth, so theoretically its possible to edit the code to just not show the icons in the notifications bar. The real question is no is it possible but how hard would it be? And is it something more people would like? If only you and maybe three other people want it, its not something most people would spend time on.

Again I suggest google-fooing and see what you come up with. We both know you know how to use google..just off the top of my head.

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I know thiz is a bit off topic. But does anyone know whyy on certen levals angry birds runs really slow. As I know this phone especially when overclocked can provide great framerates for such a simple game. I'm sorry. Bit of a noob here.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I know thiz is a bit off topic. But does anyone know whyy on certen levals angry birds runs really slow. As I know this phone especially when overclocked can provide great framerates for such a simple game. I'm sorry. Bit of a noob here.

As far as processing power goes, this phone is fairly slow compared to other modern phones. I wouldn't expect too much out of it for gaming.

On a side note, does anyone know the full implications of:
debug.sf.hw=0
in build.prop?

I hear other roms have it set to 1 for a smoother UI:

This option controls the way the OS renders the UI! (hw=0) Uses the CPU to render the UI and (hw=1) Uses the GPU to render the UI! The original 1.6 builds for the Streak have this option to (1) and by some crazy reason the 2.1 builds (including Modaco's r2) have this to (0)! This is why you think that the Build is slow!
debug.sf.hw setting - Android @ MoDaCo

I see it was enabled in a previous Rodimus release but it is disabled in the most recent one.

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually however, it is a very capibale phone. As any other recent 3D game I have installed includeing nfs shift and others work flawslessly. Its just angry birds

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
New version posted of the ROM as well as the Black and Blue theme. Bluetooth and wifi location fixed with some other improvements under the hood.

As for removing icons from the status bar, it requires decompiling services.jar and editing statusbarpolicy.smali. Changing the color of the status bar requires editing the png. In the future, utilize google to find yourself an answer. Responding or not responding is my prerogative regardless of how long it takes.

Last edited:

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm stuck on rooting my phone.. Any help?

I'm using this post:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/57485-how-root-lg-optimus-v.html

Did anyone post a video about this?

I'm stuck here: Step 4: Open a CMD window and type the following:

I'm confused. Did anyone post a video about this?

It shows this:

kiuh.png

Last edited:

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm stuck on rooting my phone.. Any help?

I'm using this post:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/57485-how-root-lg-optimus-v.html

Did anyone post a video about this?

When i put it, the CMD window just closes.

P.S. I didnt realize i had to do this: And the file I have attached to this post. Download it, unzip it, and put the 2 files inside in your android\platform-tools folder created from installing the SDK.

Idk what it means.

(My phone isn't activated)

You're posting in the wrong thread.

Does this update make the statusbar TEXT white in the black and blue theme? I can't install for a day or two.

Nope. Haven't bothered with that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.