04-27-2012 03:32 PM
673 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Rodimus, Stock + Xionia, and Aphrodite and pretty much all all other 2.2 roms use Xionia 005. After that, things got more complex trying to use it.
    I have a question. Why did you stop on Xionia 005? I've been using 013 without issue for a while now. I would think that some of the fixes listed in the change log apply to the V as well, no?
    03-26-2011 10:03 PM
    mmmark111, on virgin mobile. To get a new phone for free all you have to do is call and say you have a deffective phone and they will send you one. Haha I've done it many times. As long as you get the old one back in 45 days.
    03-26-2011 10:34 PM
    Well I broke mine, so requesting a new one and lying about it is a bit unethical
    denshigomi and Eollie like this.
    03-26-2011 11:12 PM
    I have a question. Does anyone know why when installing a certain game that the phone restarts.? I know the phone is more then capable of running the game. I think dalvlik is crashing. Idk whyy though because the game is only 20 megs
    03-27-2011 01:07 AM
    I have a question. Does anyone know why when installing a certain game that the phone restarts.? I know the phone is more then capable of running the game. I think dalvlik is crashing. Idk whyy though because the game is only 20 megs
    Some games just wont work on this phone.
    The creator has coded something that just makes our phones freak out and to stop this they reboot. Ive always chalked it up to ******ed coding.
    03-27-2011 02:17 AM
    I have a question. Why did you stop on Xionia 005? I've been using 013 without issue for a while now. I would think that some of the fixes listed in the change log apply to the V as well, no?
    I heard the Wi-Fi and Accelerometer don't work on the Optimus V with an unpatched Xionia kernel. Have you tested those features?
    03-27-2011 02:46 AM
    I heard the Wi-Fi and Accelerometer don't work on the Optimus V with an unpatched Xionia kernel. Have you tested those features?
    Ah! I just noticed the accelerometer problem. The screen won't rotate. But wifi works just fine.
    03-27-2011 03:14 AM
    As of Xionia 006, significant changes took place that makes it not so easy to adapt.

Wifi wouldn't work on mine either.
    It works for some, but not everyone, same with the accelerometer. Also, buttons are flipped for some (they were on mine). Zefie knows about the intermittent problems but can't find the cause as he doesn't have a V.

I'm trying to learn as quick as I can and maybe fix it, but it's a steep learning curve. I don't want to release anything that will only work sometimes, or at all.
    03-27-2011 03:45 AM
    ok apparently i suck but i cant get this to work at all. I followed the vague instructions on the first page of this thread and I get as far as installing drivers rooting and flashing the recovery but thats it from there i try to flash the rom and it says permission denied or something like that i did re name the file to Rom.zip and put it in the Rom file in ROMTools but it will not flash it. Please help
    03-27-2011 05:11 PM
    ok apparently i suck but i cant get this to work at all. I followed the vague instructions on the first page of this thread and I get as far as installing drivers rooting and flashing the recovery but thats it from there i try to flash the rom and it says permission denied or something like that i did re name the file to Rom.zip and put it in the Rom file in ROMTools but it will not flash it. Please help
    what recovery are you using? you know romtools will reboot your phone into recovery and then you have to flash it from there... you should be using CWMA (pre 3.0) or thunderc. then install from sd card your rom.zip...
    03-27-2011 05:34 PM
    Hey mmmark111. I just wanted to say WOW! Your ROM Rodimus is insane awesome.

This is my first root and rom and am very satisfied. I was deathly afraid to try a root with my DX, but with the Optimus V i just jumped right in. Come this Friday you will have a donation from me to say my thanks.

Also i read that you asked about suggestions and one came to mind. How about a black market place instead of regular white? That would go great with the your black and blue theme too. Well thanks for all and look forward to more from you. Keep it up.
    03-27-2011 07:46 PM
    OK, donation sent. My pay raise kicked in on Friday's check, and you just got 93.4% of it. But your ROM is worth it. (Besides, it's basically like I just have to wait another two weeks before I see it. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.)

03-27-2011 08:47 PM
    You guys are great! Thank you so much. Once I can afford a new phone I'll be updating the theme(s) and adding more features and making some current ones optional (fly-in animations for example).
    jmel likes this.
    03-28-2011 06:20 PM
    yes a very nice job indeed A+..just switched over from C7 (due to mms being broke..gotta have my pic messages)..everything works great...one problem tho..is the wireless supposed to disconnect when the phone goes to the lock screen? Also I have a development site if you want to incorporate your poject with mine...I can pretty much do what ever you need, bugtracking etc..check it out http://jitcreations.com...message me or email me at justinh2k@yahoo.com
    03-29-2011 10:30 AM
    Are there instructions on how to flash the OG theme?

Basically, I just want it to show the battery percent next to the clock. I found a few posts on how to get a circle one, but I can't find them anymore. I'm running the Rodimus ROM.
    03-29-2011 01:33 PM
    Are there instructions on how to flash the OG theme?

Basically, I just want it to show the battery percent next to the clock. I found a few posts on how to get a circle one, but I can't find them anymore. I'm running the Rodimus ROM.
    Place it on your SD card and flash in recovery. Or if you want to customize it yourself, you can upload the non-themed framework from the ROM to the UOT kitchen.
    Superorb likes this.
    03-29-2011 02:17 PM
    Place it on your SD card and flash in recovery. Or if you want to customize it yourself, you can upload the non-themed framework from the ROM to the UOT kitchen.
    I'm using Thunderc recovery, do I use "flash ZIP from SDcard"?

If so, where does the ZIP file go on the card, and do I need to rename anything?
    03-29-2011 02:45 PM
    yes use the flash zip from SDcard and put the file in the root of the card..no need to rename
    Superorb likes this.
    03-29-2011 02:50 PM
    Thanks to the both of you
    03-29-2011 02:52 PM
    same thing goes also if you want to use the custom theme..exact same steps
    03-29-2011 02:54 PM
    Thanks to the both of you
    I was able to load the OG theme which worked great.

So, what exactly has been changed besides the battery % next to the clock?
    03-29-2011 03:05 PM
    I was able to load the OG theme which worked great.

So, what exactly has been changed besides the battery % next to the clock?
    changes are posted in the first post
    03-29-2011 03:40 PM
    changes are posted in the first post
    Ahh, I missed this before. I'd like to remove the fly-in animations, I guess I'll have to cook it in the kitchen.

v1
    -Battery % in status bar
    -Fly-in screen animations
    03-29-2011 03:45 PM
    Question (n00b I'm sure). Can I replace the LauncherPro in the zip with the LauncherPro Plus and be safe or would it be better to just uninstall and reinstall after flashing the rom?
    03-29-2011 10:38 PM
    You can replace it, but then the zip will no longer be signed correctly. That means that you'll have to disable signature verification before installing the rom. You'll see the option to disable signature verification after you select "install zip from sd card" in the recovery.
    03-29-2011 10:41 PM
673 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD