04-27-2012 03:32 PM
673 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    to flash the new theme do we have to wipe data/cache? i know when i had my Droid i had to wipe data/cache because we couldnt flash themes on top of other themes
    04-03-2011 02:16 PM
    to flash the new theme do we have to wipe data/cache? i know when i had my Droid i had to wipe data/cache because we couldnt flash themes on top of other themes
    It wipes it for you
    04-03-2011 02:21 PM
    In settings>display there is an option to turn off animations or you can use Spare parts from the market. I'm updating the themes later with stock animations. I'm just taking a Dragon Age break
    My gf keeps trying to get me to play that...
    04-03-2011 02:57 PM
    How do you set light memory usage? All I see is to not load into memory which says it's experimental. And I wish there was a way to disable rotating the screen clockwise since it's always rotating when I don't want it to.
    under preferences, go to memory usage settings, and then memory usage preset...choose "very low"
    04-03-2011 02:57 PM
    mmmark111, I dig the color scheme of the black/white, but I still like the battery from blue/black (vertical with % inside battery)... I also liked v1 of the blueblack because of the color scheme (for example, set a pattern for unlock and look at the disc color). Also, both blue/black and black/white both have black notification text on a black background.

I've switched back to the original theme you shared with us, and plan to just turn off animations. I spose I could try a kitchen, but I'm going to just keep it simple.

Thanks again for your work. Cheers
    04-03-2011 03:00 PM
    under preferences, go to memory usage settings, and then memory usage preset...choose "very low"
    I don't have Memory usage settings, and I'm on version 0.8.3.
    04-03-2011 03:03 PM
    mmmark111, I dig the color scheme of the black/white, but I still like the battery from blue/black (vertical with % inside battery)... I also liked v1 of the blueblack because of the color scheme (for example, set a pattern for unlock and look at the disc color). Also, both blue/black and black/white both have black notification text on a black background.

I've switched back to the original theme you shared with us, and plan to just turn off animations. I spose I could try a kitchen, but I'm going to just keep it simple.

Thanks again for your work. Cheers
    Since you're a badass and you donated, PM me with exactly what you want in a theme and I'll make it for you

Maybe I'll start a theme section for the people that donate. Kinda like how they have celebrity sandwiches, only you choose what's in it.
    04-03-2011 03:21 PM
    Are there any bugs with this v1.2.3? What kernel are you using with this one?
    04-03-2011 03:29 PM
    I don't have Memory usage settings, and I'm on version 0.8.3.
    Okay, I'm on 0.8.4.1 (I think this is the latest...not sure)
    04-03-2011 03:33 PM
    Are there any bugs with this v1.2.3? What kernel are you using with this one?
    The only problem I am aware of is the provided boot animation freezes. The phone still boots, just the images locks up. Some people have reported that bluetooth is borked with the black and blue theme but I can't seem to reproduce the problem. Any bluetooth devices that I have tried work just fine.

The kernel used is Xionia 005. There is Xionia 013 available with minor bugs that you can flash over 005 if you so choose.
    04-03-2011 03:37 PM
    Okay, I'm on 0.8.4.1 (I think this is the latest...not sure)
    Hmm, interesting that no update popped up. I'll grab the newer version and see if that helps. I basically only wanted to have the 5 icons along the bottom, I don't use any of the other features of LauncherPro.
    04-03-2011 03:42 PM
    Could you provide the 005 by any chance? I would just flash the Rom over my install to regain the kernel but the rom has a wipe script.
    Will flashing the theme restore the 005kernel? I installed 13 but read about the bugs. 013 doesn't feel as smooth on any governor.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-03-2011 03:42 PM
    Yeah, I only had issues with v2 of the black and blue theme with bluetooth. V1 worked without issue (I am still using it today in fact).

If you flash and don't use a theme, the default theme also has no issues with bluetooth.

My testing was done with a device that does not prompt for code (car head unit). The pc paired fine (since you can type a code on the pc).
    04-03-2011 03:43 PM
    Hmm, interesting that no update popped up. I'll grab the newer version and see if that helps. I basically only wanted to have the 5 icons along the bottom, I don't use any of the other features of LauncherPro.
    Me either... Only other feature I use is the swiping of dock icons, so that I can double up on what each one does. Oh, and the notifications (emails, missed calls, sms counts) on each icon.
    04-03-2011 03:45 PM
    The only problem I am aware of is the provided boot animation freezes. The phone still boots, just the images locks up. Some people have reported that bluetooth is borked with the black and blue theme but I can't seem to reproduce the problem. Any bluetooth devices that I have tried work just fine.

The kernel used is Xionia 005. There is Xionia 013 available with minor bugs that you can flash over 005 if you so choose.
    Ok, Thanks. I really just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with wifi. I know leslieann is using the 013 kernal in hers and i was wondering if I could overclock higher with it as I can only get to 768 right now with 005.
    04-03-2011 03:46 PM
    Me either... Only other feature I use is the swiping of dock icons, so that I can double up on what each one does. Oh, and the notifications (emails, missed calls, sms counts) on each icon.
    Yeah, I do missed calls, SMS, and email (even though I don't have email icon).
    04-03-2011 03:47 PM
    Ok, Thanks. I really just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with wifi. I know leslieann is using the 013 kernal in hers and i was wondering if I could overclock higher with it as I can only get to 768 right now with 005.
    A new kernel will not let you overclock any higher. Each processor is different, so some will only overclock to 768. Some even lower.

Could you provide the 005 by any chance? I would just flash the Rom over my install to regain the kernel but the rom has a wipe script.
    Will flashing the theme restore the 005kernel? I installed 13 but read about the bugs. 013 doesn't feel as smooth on any governor.

If you have a nandroid from when you had 005, I think you can just do an "advanced restore" of "boot" and it will bring you back to 005 (nandroid first). If not I'll make a zip later with 005 on it.
    04-03-2011 04:00 PM
    Is it possible to completely disable the timed wifi scanning so that it only scans for AP's when I select scan? At home I connect to my AP, but it's still scanning for other ones.
    04-03-2011 04:15 PM
    A new kernel will not let you overclock any higher. Each processor is different, so some will only overclock to 768. Some even lower.

If you have a nandroid from when you had 005, I think you can just do an "advanced restore" of "boot" and it will bring you back to 005 (nandroid first). If not I'll make a zip later with 005 on it.
    Amazing. Much appreciated.

04-03-2011 04:33 PM
    Actually.
    013 is for testing and experimentation, it was most definitely not ready for prime time. SetCpu crashes after the cpu loads up. There is also issues with sdcard/usb mounting and unmounting. It does work though. Mmarz version does a bit better. Certain other overclock systems do better on both of them.

008 for the Optimus V has significant issues, don't bother. I settled on the S version of 008 for Aphrodite 2.0 because with a few tweaks it seems to be running good but it's not just a quick install. You can't just flash it and expect it to work, as you can tell from the S kernels on V thread. Later kernels have less benefits for us anyhow.

As for your overclock, the kernel can help, but don't expect miracles.
    liquidmass likes this.
    04-03-2011 04:40 PM
    OOooooOOoo I'm digging the new theme buddy! well done!

After trying out both gingerbread roms (zef's and the AOSP) I have decided to go back to froyo. Battery drain, broken/buggy bluetooth, weird issues with many apps and games, weird audio issues, no MMS receiving, In-Call display not coming back on for long time after call ends or needing to be plugged in.... just not ready for prime time imo. Rodimus howver, is very, very good! I just love some of the features and available settings the CM7 has, electron beam, phone goggles, built in overclocking. I am trying to replicate many of those features with froyo apps/tweaks. It would be so great if someone could release a CM6 and crack VM's MMS/SMS protical.
    04-03-2011 06:52 PM
    All themes have been updated. No more fly-in animations and the notification font color is finally fixed on the black status bar themes
    04-03-2011 08:13 PM
    There is no wiping needed, it does it for us correct? Does this one have stock launcher by default or do i need to flash it too?
    04-03-2011 08:30 PM
    There is no wiping needed, it does it for us correct?
    Correct

I try and make things as painless as possible, so all my stuff will perform any additional tasks needed (unless noted otherwise)

Stock launcher is included as well as LauncherPro
    04-03-2011 08:33 PM
    Did the fly in animation cause trouble? I liked them. But if they caused lag issues. I can and will happily live without.

I am trying to trim my apps. Can I remove swype without harm? I started using gingerbread keyboard from the market.
    04-03-2011 09:31 PM
673 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD