04-27-2012 04:32 PM
673 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    It's only refreshing because you're on that screen. Navigating away from it will cease the refresh.

Also, when not connected to a network and have wifi turned on, I have the ROM set to rescan every 3 minutes (assuming you're not on the network select screen)
    Ahh, gotcha. That makes sense. I have JuiceDefender set to turn wifi off if it can't connect to a network within 10 seconds anyways.

BTW, thanks for updating the theme so it no longer used the flyouts
    04-04-2011 12:49 AM
    I've attempted to send a PM twice, but I'm not sure it's going through
    04-04-2011 01:16 AM
    How do the themes affect available internal available memory? Do the themes add to the rom size or do they replace existing files?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-04-2011 01:53 AM
    LauncherPro is stored in /system/app on this ROM. You can remove LauncherPro-0.8.3.apk as well as /data/data/com.fede.launcher (after a nandroid).

If you're looking to free up app space though, deleting LauncherPro won't help. It is stored on the system partition with this ROM. Apps downloaded are stored on the data partition.

However, there is a good 44-50 mb free on the system partition. An option for everyone is to move apps you don't plan on uninstalling any time soon to /system/app. If you reboot after the move, the app should function normally. But I recommend making a titanium backup just in case.
    So I could technically add in the Gingerbread Keyboard, GoSMS, remove the Froyo, Swype Keyboards, and update launcherpro with in the system partition?

Possibly update youtube and others that are still preinstalled while I am at it?

Your giving me ideas...

the location /data/data is not in your zip file. So I am guessing that in order to get in there and make the change your talking about using the command line. If so I have much more learning todo.
    04-04-2011 01:55 AM
    I just added the Gingerbread keyboard and removed the swype, activate, my account and launcher pro since I use ADW EX and everything is perfect.
    04-04-2011 02:14 AM
    In black & white theme

Please make percent numbers in battery indicator GREY.

Now they are white and invisible if is battery full.
    If they are grey you can see it in black and also white part too.
    Unless you now how to make it black in white backround and white in black backround in same time.

Thank you
    citizeninsane89 likes this.
    04-04-2011 09:03 AM
    Ouch, had some bluetooth issues again when I changed from the black blue v1 to the new original v3 theme. Going to try the custom one you made for me and see what happens...

EDIT: Hrm...dunno what is going on, but pairing the phone to any new device is failing, no matter what theme I use now... Going to test some more and report back.

Can others check out the themes and try pairing to new devices? (ones not previously paired to the phone before?)
    04-04-2011 11:04 AM
    I just added the Gingerbread keyboard and removed the swype, activate, my account and launcher pro since I use ADW EX and everything is perfect.
    Where did you find the My Account app? I'd love to get rid of that now that I have the Minutes Checker.
    04-04-2011 11:13 AM
    Where did you find the My Account app? I'd love to get rid of that now that I have the Minutes Checker.

You have to get a program like System App Remover and it shows a list of all system apps and an uninstall option for each. I removed the news/weather widget, kickback/talkback/the other one i cant remember. It's a great app as l9ng as you don't remove crap you shouldn't as it shows every single system app on your phone. It's also great for uninstalling things like Maps so you can reinstall from market and have the option to move to sd card.
    Superorb likes this.
    04-04-2011 11:42 AM
    In black & white theme

Please make percent numbers in battery indicator GREY.

Now they are white and invisible if is battery full.
    If they are grey you can see it in black and also white part too.
    Unless you now how to make it black in white backround and white in black backround in same time.

Thank you
    You can use UOT Kitchen and make a modified battery and flash it to your phone the same way you would a ROM. It gives you options, lots of them, for mods to your interface and you can modify single things like the battery.
    04-04-2011 11:44 AM
    You have to get a program like System App Remover and it shows a list of all system apps and an uninstall option for each. I removed the news/weather widget, kickback/talkback/the other one i cant remember. It's a great app as l9ng as you don't remove crap you shouldn't as it shows every single system app on your phone. It's also great for uninstalling things like Maps so you can reinstall from market and have the option to move to sd card.
    Thanks.
    04-04-2011 11:55 AM
    I used rootexplorer but, you cannot just uninstall the .apk from system/app, you have to go into data/data and remove the corresponding file too.
    04-04-2011 02:49 PM
    I used rootexplorer but, you cannot just uninstall the .apk from system/app, you have to go into data/data and remove the corresponding file too.
    With RootExplorer, do you mean delete the apk from system/data? There is no uninstall option.
    04-04-2011 02:56 PM
    With RootExplorer, do you mean delete the apk from system/data? There is no uninstall option.
    Yes, delete the .apk from system/app then go to data/data and find the corresponding file and delete it too.
    Superorb likes this.
    04-04-2011 03:12 PM
    Yes, delete the .apk from system/app then go to data/data and find the corresponding file and delete it too.
    Thanks
    04-04-2011 03:26 PM
    I just uninstall them with System App Remover and they are gone POOF! Then again maybe it's different with that particular system app as I havent removed that one. Maybe the ones I remove still leave something on there but it's such a small amount of space I could really care less. Especially using Link2SD I have absolutely no issues with space.
    04-04-2011 03:41 PM
    You can use UOT Kitchen and make a modified battery and flash it to your phone the same way you would a ROM. It gives you options, lots of them, for mods to your interface and you can modify single things like the battery.
    Right......except for time color.

www.metrication.us
    04-04-2011 04:55 PM
    Time color is in services.jar

I made it white because I tried every variation of gray and they all looked pretty bad. At least to me. If you take the framework-res.apk from the ROM (not a themed one), plug that into the UOT kitchen, make the battery your own, and copy the new battery images you make over to the already themed Black and White framework-res.apk, you'll be all set

Later on when I get time I may switch it up, but who knows.
    04-04-2011 05:03 PM
    Mmmark111, I attempted to message you last night, but I'm not sure it went through on the forums.
    04-04-2011 05:14 PM
    Mmmark111, I attempted to message you last night, but I'm not sure it went through on the forums.
    It did, I was just about to respond
    04-04-2011 05:17 PM
    Oh, haha, sorry about messaging you more than once! I'm used to my sent messages showing up in my "Sent" folder :O
    04-04-2011 05:19 PM
    So I could technically add in the Gingerbread Keyboard, GoSMS, remove the Froyo, Swype Keyboards, and update launcherpro with in the system partition?

Possibly update youtube and others that are still preinstalled while I am at it?

Your giving me ideas...

the location /data/data is not in your zip file. So I am guessing that in order to get in there and make the change your talking about using the command line. If so I have much more learning todo.
    All that jive can be done on the phone with a file manager.

/data is included in the ROM but only as a placeholder for myself Themes won't have it unless there are apps included. Once you flash the ROM though, /data/data is created for you on your phone.
    04-04-2011 07:23 PM
    Well I use rodimus ROM and flash my own "theme" to it, then I use his remove clock/alarm and it removes the clock altogether from the status bar. I don't need it there it's just clutter when I use fancy widgets to put a clock/weather on my homescreen.
    04-04-2011 07:56 PM
    Tried to delete the APK in system/app and it says denied b/c the system is read only. I'm using RootExplorer and it has root access. I was able to remove it from the other location though.
    04-04-2011 09:14 PM
    Tried to delete the APK in system/app and it says denied b/c the system is read only. I'm using RootExplorer and it has root access. I was able to remove it from the other location though.
    Did you tap "Mount R/W" at the top of the screen so it changes to "Mount R/O" while in the /system/app folder?
    04-04-2011 09:20 PM
673 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD