04-27-2012 04:32 PM
673 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Sorry, I forgot to tell him that part.

@mmmark111, if I remove the talk and places app do you know if there would be any adverse effects?
    04-04-2011 10:53 PM
    just outa curiosity..what are you workin on for the next release?
    04-04-2011 10:56 PM
    Blah, the messaging on this forum is terrible. Does the message receipt option in the PM window work?
    04-04-2011 11:10 PM
    Did you tap "Mount R/W" at the top of the screen so it changes to "Mount R/O" while in the /system/app folder?
    Nooooo... I wasn't aware that was necessary. Android newb here What exactly does tapping that do? I was able to delete the file after doing as you said.
    04-04-2011 11:48 PM
    Nooooo... I wasn't aware that was necessary. Android newb here What exactly does tapping that do? I was able to delete the file after doing as you said.
    RO = read only
    RW = read & write
    Superorb likes this.
    04-05-2011 12:26 AM
    RO = read only
    RW = read & write
    Ahh, thanks.
    04-05-2011 12:46 AM
    I've been having several quirks that started some time two days ago. I am on Rodimus, and my wife has none of these problems on the stock ROM.

1) When the screen is locked and I press a button, the lock screen turns on like normal, but it doesn't shut off in 2 seconds like it normally did.

2) Wifi is flaky now. I am about 3 feet from my access point, but it says my AP is not in range, so it turns wifi off. When I turn it back on, I can see my AP in the list of AP's, but when I try to connect to it nothing works. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

3) When in setting>applications, after clicking on any program (in any of the tabs), when I press Back the screen dims and says loading with the spinning thing. It seems to do this forever until I press Home or Back again.

Any ideas?
    04-05-2011 12:52 PM
    I'm not having any of these problems. You may have had a bad download. Try downloading and flashing the ROM again after you back up all your junk (or nandroid).
    04-05-2011 01:30 PM
    I'm not having any of these problems. You may have had a bad download. Try downloading and flashing the ROM again after you back up all your junk (or nandroid).
    Can you please provide an MD5 checksum so I can make sure I've got a good version?
    04-05-2011 04:08 PM
    awesome rom loving the black and white theme. thx a lot
    04-05-2011 10:20 PM
    Can you please provide an MD5 checksum so I can make sure I've got a good version?
    I agree a md5 for all downloads will help Rodimus. Will help weed out false bugs.
    04-05-2011 10:34 PM
    Time color is in services.jar

I made it white because I tried every variation of gray and they all looked pretty bad. At least to me. If you take the framework-res.apk from the ROM (not a themed one), plug that into the UOT kitchen, make the battery your own, and copy the new battery images you make over to the already themed Black and White framework-res.apk, you'll be all set

Later on when I get time I may switch it up, but who knows.
    Ah.. I was wondering how to fix that. I just made a black bar theme in UOT kitchen and couldn't see how to change the clock color.

So, my question is .. would I be able to use the services.jar file from your black and white theme, flash that in the recovery console and get a white clock or is that a BAD THING since I have the stock rom with the xionia kernel? I guess I could just try it.. but I thought it worth asking to see if I'm missing something and to document the idea

Update:

Did it and thought it had failed since it took an amazingly long time to boot up. I was just going to type on here that it had failed when the phone booted up. So, it seems to have worked and I guess it recompiled all the .dex files since I cleaned out and and re-linked them with Link2SD. Subsequent boots are back to normal in terms of speed. I have a white clock and my dark theme.. great! Thanks for the updated services.jar
    04-05-2011 11:19 PM
    I'd like to change the boot animation, but don't know how. Would you please let me know how to do this? Thanks.
    04-06-2011 01:20 AM
    I'd like to change the boot animation, but don't know how. Would you please let me know how to do this? Thanks.
    Find a boot animation you like then open up RomTools and put the file in the boot animation folder ( make sure it is named bootanimation.zip ) and then use RomTools to push it ( option 7 ).
    04-06-2011 02:27 AM
    mmmark111, any chance on providing an MD5 checksum so I can verify that my download is correct? I want to make sure my problems aren't the result of a bad download.

Free MD5 Generators
    04-07-2011 10:07 AM
    For what it's worth, there is already a considerable amount of error checking performed by your computer when you download any file to ensure there are no errors. Heavens, a CRC is sent in each packet.
    If you're really worried about data corruption, you can download it twice and check that the CRC of both files is the same.
    04-07-2011 04:16 PM
    I am new to modding and tweaking phones but and was interested in how I can get a theme that I created in UOT kitchen to come to life on the phone. I created it and uploaded the framework-res.apk file from the rodimus theme that is currently on my phone, and it cooked up, so I tried to put it in the framework folder of ROMtools and hit 6 to push framework. It seems like all that did was wipe the dalvik cache because it took forever to boot up and nothing changed. Appreciate any advice anyone can give me.
    04-08-2011 12:58 AM
    I am new to modding and tweaking phones but and was interested in how I can get a theme that I created in UOT kitchen to come to life on the phone. I created it and uploaded the framework-res.apk file from the rodimus theme that is currently on my phone, and it cooked up, so I tried to put it in the framework folder of ROMtools and hit 6 to push framework. It seems like all that did was wipe the dalvik cache because it took forever to boot up and nothing changed. Appreciate any advice anyone can give me.
    I think you need to use the Framework file from the Rom and not from the Theme as the theme is already modified.
    04-08-2011 01:07 AM
    Is there a bug with the gps? While im usimg it the screen will not timeout even when I press the off button?
    04-08-2011 09:03 AM
    Is there a bug with the gps? While im usimg it the screen will not timeout even when I press the off button?
    I just tested mine.

I just turned it on and let the screen time out, works.

Ran an app that uses the GPS [maps], works.

Navigation app, the screen stays on, as it should.

I don't think there is a bug.
    mmmark111 likes this.
    04-08-2011 10:06 AM
    Hello all, I am very, painfully new to the world of Android (this opt v is my first) and I just have to say awesome job Mark! I was tired of the original theme and rom being slow so I searched and did my homework, and I am not sorry I picked the mighty Rodimus!!! My phone, with very minimal oc, smokes now thanks to your handy work! Keep it up!!!
    04-08-2011 11:30 PM
    just outa curiosity..what are you workin on for the next release?
    Well at the time this was posted I was working on dalvik2cache but I had to give back my borrowed Optimus V

So to answer your question, I'm working on whatever you'll see in the next changelog

mmmark111, any chance on providing an MD5 checksum so I can verify that my download is correct? I want to make sure my problems aren't the result of a bad download.

Free MD5 Generators
    I know how to generate an md5. But sadly, my original v1.2.3 has been modified and I don't store old versions locally. I hate to say it, but if you're still having issues, please download & flash again. If it's a persistent bug that you get, please PM me and I'll see what I can do (phoneless of course ). Next release will have an md5 though.

Use the framework-res.apk from the ROM and not the one from a theme and it should work fine. Then flash the zip given from UOT kitchen. If you have any issues with font color, PM me.

Strange, but it seems to be unique to you. I really hate recommending this but try backing up your junk and re-downloading/flashing everything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not responding much. I just got promoted at work and the hours are pretty demanding. In addition to that I just joined a new band and am still at school full time. I'll have a phone soon enough though

(everyone that has PMed me, please be patient. I'll be responding soon enough )
    jmel likes this.
    04-08-2011 11:40 PM
    Congrats!
    Life has priorities, don't sweat it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-08-2011 11:58 PM
    My phone hasn't worked this good since...well ever! Thank you for giving me faith in a phone that was about to be smashed against my kitchen floor
    04-09-2011 06:26 PM
    Just installed and seems faster than before (booting seems longer though!) THANKS
    04-09-2011 11:17 PM
673 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD