04-27-2012 04:32 PM
673 12345 ...
tools
    Is this something that makes a noticeable difference? I've been testing in both modes and can't seem to come up with a scenario that shows any major difference. Just curious - and my testing is by no means thorough so far.
    In regards to: "This enables the phone to use the GPU to accelerate the GUI."

I've seen this claim pop up on various message boards and it's simply not true. There is no 3D implementation in rendering the GUI in Froyo. This has been discussed ad nauseum in the following thread:

Issue 6914 - android - Make android use the GPU (if available) for UI and browsing. - Project Hosting on Google Code

I believe GPU implementation on the UI level has been confirmed for Honeycomb (3.0) and rumored for Ice Cream (2.4) though I don't have a source to back that up, so take it with a grain of salt.

As far as the effect of enabling debug.sf.hw, I have also not noticed a difference both qualitatively (my own experience) and quantitatively (benchmarks). I have seen claims that this improves scrolling performance, but once again have not noticed a difference.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone with more detailed knowledge regarding the function of debug.sf.hw.
    02-25-2011 04:06 PM
    My notification bar is always black/transparent, and the clock always has black text, making it impossible to read at a glance. How can I fix this?
    02-25-2011 11:44 PM
    My notification bar is always black/transparent, and the clock always has black text, making it impossible to read at a glance. How can I fix this?
    Did you flash the transparent v1.1 or the stock? If the prior, just flash this.

As for debug.sf.hw, I think everyone is basing their knowledge on the results from making the change in this thread for as well as some others for the Dell Streak. Personally, I don't notice any change on this phone.
    02-26-2011 11:00 AM

As for debug.sf.hw, I think everyone is basing their knowledge on the results from making the change in this thread for as well as some others for the Dell Streak. Personally, I don't notice any change on this phone.
    Thanks, for some reason I thought the launcher was the "transparent" part. Sure, I'm somewhat noobish, but maybe a slight clarification could keep that from happening again.

I'm aware it's my fault though, just to let you know.

And my final question is can I remove the Virgin Mobile splash/sound somehow? (Or could you do that in your next update?) The last ROM I used removed it, though it used the Xonia kernel I believe. I'm not sure if that's kernel based or if it's changed somewhere else.

And to let you know (you seemed unsure in a post), the launcher bar does work with non-live wallpapers.
    02-26-2011 03:14 PM
    Thanks, for some reason I thought the launcher was the "transparent" part. Sure, I'm somewhat noobish, but maybe a slight clarification could keep that from happening again.

I'm aware it's my fault though, just to let you know.

And my final question is can I remove the Virgin Mobile splash/sound somehow? (Or could you do that in your next update?) The last ROM I used removed it, though it used the Xonia kernel I believe. I'm not sure if that's kernel based or if it's changed somewhere else.

And to let you know (you seemed unsure in a post), the launcher bar does work with non-live wallpapers.
    The boot sound is removed. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    02-26-2011 03:34 PM

thanks - hope you're healing up well!
    02-26-2011 04:36 PM
    Overclocking
    If you would like to overclock with this ROM, you'l need to use the Xionia kernel RevolutionRed modified.

Instrustions
    -Download RevolutionRed's ROM here
    -Dowload RodimusROM v1.0
    -Replace the boot.img in the RodimusROM .zip with RevolutionRed's boot.img from his .zip
    -Turn off signature verification in recovery and flash

Enjoy
    Hmm, have you (or anyone else) tested this? I'm tempted to do this to just barely overclock a touch. I'm in love with your ROM, and one thing I've been missing is overclocking. Sure enough, you spit this out on the same day.

Also, I'm having issues with waking my phone up after it locks. The LEDs on the bottom will light, but the screen will stay off. This seems to be a randomly occurring thing.
    02-26-2011 10:37 PM
    mmark any update soon?
    02-27-2011 09:37 AM
    Overclock instructions kills WiFi
    02-27-2011 12:03 PM
    Overclock instructions kills WiFi
    Have you tried letting the system warm up for 5 minutes, not touching ANYTHING for 5 minutes after boot? I'm pretty sure that's required with that kernel.
    02-27-2011 02:13 PM
    UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-04-2011 09:43 PM
    Thinkin of trying this, is there any advantage over revolutionred's rom besides the theme and adblocker? Just curious, because currently I'm using red's and my battery life is amazin. Will try either way. Thanks.
    03-04-2011 10:27 PM
    Thinkin of trying this, is there any advantage over revolutionred's rom besides the theme and adblocker? Just curious, because currently I'm using red's and my battery life is amazin. Will try either way. Thanks.
    You should read through the changelog. His is stock but Rodimus has tons of optimizations.
    03-04-2011 10:31 PM
    You should read through the changelog. His is stock but Rodimus has tons of optimizations.
    I did. Thanks, will be tryin this soon. I was only askin because previously when I used themes with battery % in status bar, it tended to drain battery a little more quicker than stock. If this isn't an issue, than this will most definitely be my new rom.
    03-04-2011 10:37 PM
    I did. Thanks, will be tryin this soon. I was only askin because previously when I used themes with battery % in status bar, it tended to drain battery a little more quicker than stock. If this isn't an issue, than this will most definitely be my new rom.
    The % is only an xml edit to allow more battery images. It will not cause a greater batery drain than not having it
    03-04-2011 10:42 PM
    Flashed it with your exact instructions, 3g is on but not working. I'll try wiping everythin including system before flashing the rom, than I won't wipe anythin for the theme. I'll update this when I'm done. First thing I did was adb uninstall facebook lol. Phone seems to be insanely hot with first boot, but it could be a glitch, we'll see. Runnin smooth though, more so than what I had.

Edit: 3g working after I wiped everythin, including system before I flashed the rom. Bigger problem now though, wi-fi doesn't work. I just get an "error" when I click it. Reverting to backup for now.
    03-04-2011 11:10 PM
    I also followed your exact instructions:
    I'm getting the message "error" when I try to Turn on my Wi-Fi. 3G kills battery life so I need the Wi-Fi
    03-04-2011 11:54 PM
    Has anyone tried dark tremor a2sd with this rom?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-05-2011 12:06 AM
    I love the theme, Wifi issue is a big problem but im sure it will be fixed soon. Keep up the good work.
    03-05-2011 12:11 AM
    My wifi is dead as well.
    03-05-2011 12:32 AM
    ok so back button takes you to home screen, is there any way to fix this?
    03-05-2011 12:54 AM
    yeah im getting the same thing with the back button and it seems that the signal has gone to crap
    03-05-2011 01:03 AM
    im going back to installing nRom for the Optimus s until this is fixed
    03-05-2011 01:06 AM
    when DLing more then one app at a time it flips back and forth
    03-05-2011 01:11 AM
    I have full bars, I think its a great ROM! And thanks for creating it! I'll just wait to see if the WIFI gets fixed!
    03-05-2011 08:13 AM
673 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD