04-27-2012 03:32 PM
673 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I have a few observations to report since I would not go as far to call them issues yet.

1) Sometimes, I will lose my shortcuts on the bottom of the screen. Instead of phone, contacts, web,... they will be replaced by "+".

2) I download V1.2.2 RodimusROM but phone information says v.1.2.1. Did I do something wrong here?
    03-08-2011 11:27 AM
    I have a few observations to report since I would go as far to call them issues yet.

1) Sometimes, I will lose my shortcuts on the bottom of the screen. Instead of phone, contacts, web,... they will be replaced by "+".

2) I download V1.2.2 RodimusROM but phone information says v.1.2.1. Did I do something wrong here?
    1. Maybe some apps you have in that place are on SD and haven't loaded yet. Restart the home launcher if so. Unless it's the sd card apps disappearing issue.. But for Phone, Contacts, and other android built-in apps, that shouldn't be happening. And you're using the stock LauncherPro that came with it?

2. I installed 1.2.2 whole rom also and my information says the same thing as yours--1.2.1. He probably forgot to change that. I remember his rom having the previous version number when he updated a newer version the first releases in February.
    sd4meyee likes this.
    03-08-2011 11:42 AM
    I have mine listed as 1.2.1 as well seems like an oversight.
    03-08-2011 12:10 PM
    I have a few observations to report since I would not go as far to call them issues yet.

The "+" you are seeing are part of LauncherPro's scrolling dock. You can turn them off within the launcher setting's. You can also touch them and place a shortcut to an additional application for quick access. I actually use them to set up a direct dial to specific contacts. You can verify this by touching the bottom dock and scrolling to the right.
    03-08-2011 12:23 PM
    1. Maybe some apps you have in that place are on SD and haven't loaded yet. Restart the home launcher if so. Unless it's the sd card apps disappearing issue.. But for Phone, Contacts, and other android built-in apps, that shouldn't be happening. And you're using the stock LauncherPro that came with it?

2. I installed 1.2.2 whole rom also and my information says the same thing as yours--1.2.1. He probably forgot to change that. I remember his rom having the previous version number when he updated a newer version the first releases in February.
    Thanks for your quick and detailed response. I am using LauncherPro 0.8.3 and I had no idea this controlled those buttons. I'll keep an eye on it and mess around with the settings if it keeps happening.
    03-08-2011 12:31 PM
    Seems like the black notification bar makes notification text invisible (because text is black too)

I like everything else though, just looks like the text should be white or gray...

I'm aware, I made it that's why it's called "v1". I'll fix it eventually.

I have gone through all the Optimus V roms--RedRevolution, Rodimus, aospCMod CM7, and Zefie's CM7. The 2.3 Gingerbread roms yielded poor battery life. So now I'm back on Rodimus since it got updated.

The top things I miss about the GB builds are the notification bar power controls, the GB keyboard, the electron beam screen on/off animations, ability to charge quickly. Battery life was the final judgment in jumping back to a Froyo rom.

Hey, mmmark111 or anyone else. Are you able to integrate the notification bar power controls? What about the electron beam animations? If you could somehow integrate those into this or any 2.2 roms that would be great.

Screen off CRT effect won't happen and the power controls would take more time than I have.

Is it me or is it in the mod when i try to charge the phone by plugging it right into the wall the phone will not charge. but if i plug it in usb it charges fine. im using the rom with theme 2 i have tried couple different chargers to
    It's not the ROM. So it must be your phone? maybe?

That's LauncherPro
    Version number is incorrect. You're on v1.2.2.
    03-08-2011 02:16 PM

Screen off CRT effect won't happen and the power controls would take more time than I have.

It's not the ROM. So it must be your phone? maybe?

That's LauncherPro
    Version number is incorrect. You're on v1.2.2.
    Yeah it was not the rom i re installed it tested it and it worked then installed the theme again and it worked. must of been a app i had installed im reinstalling each and testing so all is working. couple more will leave a post once i find out.. Thanks for your hard work

One question I want to run 2 mods RodimusROM and AOSP mod. But AOSP is only ran under clockwork recovery and when i try to run yours under clockwork it says i can't is there a way to running them both with out changing recovery mods all the time ?
    03-08-2011 03:12 PM
    Sure, no disrespect meant... I didn't know if you wanted black text to complete a certain look or whatever. Thanks for your efforts, they are much appreciated!
    03-08-2011 03:21 PM
    Yeah it was not the rom i re installed it tested it and it worked then installed the theme again and it worked. must of been a app i had installed im reinstalling each and testing so all is working. couple more will leave a post once i find out.. Thanks for your hard work

One question i want to run bot yours and AOSP mod but there is only ran under clockwork recovery and when i try to run yours under clockwork it says i can't is there a way to running them both with out changing recovery mods all the time ?

Yyyeeeaaaaaa.....I guess I can make it compatible, haha. I've been putting off translating the script from amend to edify. Maybe next version?
    03-08-2011 05:02 PM
    is CWMA recovery necessary?
    I have the thunder one and I get boot loop on my phone!
    where can i get CWMA recovery?
    03-08-2011 08:08 PM
    I dont even know what that means! LoL. Sorry, im a big noob at this.
    MD5 is a mathematic calculation based on a file.
    You can use this to compare two files to verify that they are the same.

This is what I use.
    WinMd5Sum Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

You load the file into this program and it calculates the sum. You compare that sum with the number Mmmark111 posted. If the numbers match, it means you have an exact copy of the file. If they do not match, it means that your download corrupted.
    03-09-2011 12:36 AM
    Very nice ROM, but Auto WiFi Enabler doesn't work with it. Kind of a bummer considering the erratic 3G connections with VM. Has anything changed under the hood from the stock ROM when it comes to WiFi?
    03-09-2011 07:32 AM
    New issue, This rom will not let me pair any of my bluetooth headsets. Ive tested with other roms and they pair. Anyone else encounter this?
    I had this same problem, got a force close on settings when I tried to pair to my car stereo.

On a brighter note, my battery is lasting even longer than it did with the xionia rom from rev-red. I also am not having that sluggish issue coming off the charger that I did with his rom.

EDIT: I also just tried on my pc (pairing to bluetooth) and got the same thing. As soon as the phone sees the device to be paired with, and I tap it to pair, it gives me the error. Never prompts me for the pin code.
    03-09-2011 01:42 PM
    I just got a new Optimus V too see if it was my phone or the rom, and Bluetooth still don't pair, It just gives me the force close. Any suggestions?
    03-09-2011 04:09 PM
    I was able to pair fine with revolution red's rom, and with the stock rom when I first got the phone. Nothing has changed but the swap of roms for the rodimus rom.
    03-09-2011 05:40 PM
    I was able to pair fine with revolution red's rom, and with the stock rom when I first got the phone. Nothing has changed but the swap of roms for the rodimus rom.
    If I can get my hands on a bluetooth device I'll see what the problem is. Thanks for bringing it to my attention
    03-09-2011 06:14 PM
    Actually

Boot into recovery, turn of signature verification (on the flash zip menu) and flash the attached file and let me know if that fixes it.
    03-09-2011 06:23 PM
    Same thing

dialog says:

sorry!

the application settings

(process com.android.settings)

has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

It does this as soon as the pc attempts to pair with a code. same thing if I initiate from phone...

I'll be glad to test more if you need it.
    03-09-2011 08:47 PM
    I'm still getting the force quit popup.
    03-09-2011 08:56 PM
    Me too.
    03-09-2011 09:17 PM
    Another frustrated Bluetooth user here. If it isn't fixed by tomorrow night (I ran out of time tonight) I will try this:
    1. Restore my nandroid backup of the stock ROM
    2. Verify that Bluetooth works again
    3. Install Titanium Backup and backup everything (hopefully including my bluetooth pairing info) - although I think I may need to get root again to do this
    4. Re-flash with RodimusROM
    5. Reinstall Titanium Backup
    6. Restore the bluetooth settings from Titanium Backup

So if anyone is bored tonight or tomorrow and wants to try this before I can, feel free! Otherwise, I'll report back here tomorrow night, assuming the family life doesn't interfere again.
    03-09-2011 11:46 PM
    My bluetooth device paired just fine. Perhaps your bluetooth devices are broken? Perhaps they need their passwords reset? I dunno, I'm not an expert on this kind of thing but I do know that my phone running this ROM has no problem with bluetooth.
    03-10-2011 12:04 AM
    My phone was paired fine before I flashed the RodimusROM. And we can't reset the device's passcode, because the screen that should be popping up is the one that's (presumably) causing the crash.
    03-10-2011 12:20 AM
    My phone was paired fine before I flashed the RodimusROM. And we can't reset the device's passcode, because the screen that should be popping up is the one that's (presumably) causing the crash.
    That works fine for me. As many have suggested, check the MD5 sums.
    03-10-2011 12:21 AM
    Not trying to thread hijack or anything, but this seems like a good time and place to ask. Does anyone else have issues with bluetooth connecting with a stock optimus v or with stock/xionia? I get nothing on Rodimus, just like jmel said, but even on stock it seems to only connect when it wants to, and once I get it connected, it won't reconnect to media audio unless I do it manually. If I'm listening to music via my bluetooth head unit, and I get a phone call or turn my car off and back on, it won't turn media audio back on unless i do it manually by long pressing the connection in bluetooth settings.

I've tried every configuration I can think of, every music app, every combination of bluetooth/wifi/apn on and off, and I've exhausted google searching and every forum I can find for the optimus. It connects and reconnects beautifully with Zefie's CM7, so I'm fairly certain it's not a hardware issue, Everything worked fine with my old intercept and my G1, so I know it's not the head unit, and I've had this problem since before I even rooted, so I know it's not something I did to the phone

Does anyone else have this problem, or have any ideas as to what's going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-10-2011 12:32 AM
673 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD