ARCHIVED: [ROM] RodimusROM v1.2.3 + xionia [4/3/11] All themes update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps connect the bluetooth device to something else that would allow you to change the passcode or maybe even disable it, so then you could connect it to your android? I dunno, like I said, no expert... still, my bluetooth device is SUPPOSED to have a passcode as well, but my android never once asked for it, the only time it ever asked for a passcode was on my old iphone 3gs, just the first time connecting it ever.

It does suck that it doesn't work for you though... have you tried any other bluetooth devices?

Reactions: Glenar

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh, slightly off sub topic here, but so far you're the only ROM creator that has done this with their ROM (Well rather the theme you created). How did you make the status bar black like that? Can you make the status bar customizable? I really really hate having the clock and battery symbols up there (Though I love how you made the percentage show now) and would just as well prefer to take them out completely so there is more space for other notifications. I'd still want the signal bar and the 3G icon in the status bar, but some of the others just seem so unnecessary. Maybe you could make it customizable in v2?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The effects you are seeing are launcherpro, you can get it from the marketplace with the stock rom. He has bundled it with this rom and removed the native launcher. I found that out the hard way when I went to remove launcherpro and I couldn't access anything afterwords.

aldamon

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Very nice ROM, but Auto WiFi Enabler doesn't work with it. Kind of a bummer considering the erratic 3G connections with VM. Has anything changed under the hood from the stock ROM when it comes to WiFi?

This ROM broke Timeriffic as well. WiFi control was ineffective and brightness control did not work (always set to 0% instead of the configured %). This was a very nice ROM, but I had to switch due to these glitches. Good luck with your project.

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh, slightly off sub topic here, but so far you're the only ROM creator that has done this with their ROM (Well rather the theme you created). How did you make the status bar black like that? Can you make the status bar customizable? I really really hate having the clock and battery symbols up there (Though I love how you made the percentage show now) and would just as well prefer to take them out completely so there is more space for other notifications. I'd still want the signal bar and the 3G icon in the status bar, but some of the others just seem so unnecessary. Maybe you could make it customizable in v2?

I'm a noob, but I noticed in the rom theme file, it has a settings.apk. I was digging to see if there was anything that could be edited in these files to change the colors or even anything at all.

I wonder if this has anything to do with bluetooth crashing com.android.settings?

swoon

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The effects you are seeing are launcherpro, you can get it from the marketplace with the stock rom. He has bundled it with this rom and removed the native launcher. I found that out the hard way when I went to remove launcherpro and I couldn't access anything afterwords.

You can remove LP, just make sure you've installed another launcher first. I had to do this to install the modified version of LP with clear LP widgets.

kamelr3d

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I made the jump back to RodimusROM from the CM7 Gingerbread based ROMs due to battery life. I have to say I really enjoy the Theme2 elements (can't go wrong with black ;)) and the One More Clock widget is icing on the cake.

I'll miss the electron beam effect from Gingerbread, however. :'(

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This might be a dumb question, but does which recovery I use matter for this rom? The CM7 roms require CMW3 for Data2ext to work. If I flash CMW 3, will that effect my Rodimus backups when I restore them?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This might be a dumb question, but does which recovery I use matter for this rom? The CM7 roms require CMW3 for Data2ext to work. If I flash CMW 3, will that effect my Rodimus backups when I restore them?

The Zefies' Xionia Recovery for V seems to work with all popular roms.
This is the recover Mmmark111 used in his root/recovery system. It will also restore most older Nandbackups.

The Thunderrom 3.0.0.6 (or whatever the latest number is), works on most roms, but not all and will not restore all of your older backups.

Reactions: mmarz

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yyyeeeaaaaaa.....I guess I can make it compatible, haha. I've been putting off translating the script from amend to edify. Maybe next version?

well could you give me a link to grab the recovery i need, i am now stuck in the clockwork recovery menu with a full wipe done... if i reboot i know ill be bricked.. thanks by the way, and ya might wanna put that on the first post, instead of letting people find out after they f their phone up...

update: I fixed my issue after the cwrecoery crashed on usb sdcard thing, it rebooted into asopcmod, so i followed instructions from there to install thunderc recovery... However i still think this is relavant info to put on the front page that you can use only your rom or everyone elses.... i do however appreciate your work...

Last edited:

zatler

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am total Noob. I got the following errors when I tried to install this Rom. Thanks for help

remount failed: Operation not permitted
-exec '/sytem/bin/sh' failed: No such file

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The Zefies' Xionia Recovery for V seems to work with all popular roms.
This is the recover Mmmark111 used in his root/recovery system. It will also restore most older Nandbackups.

The Thunderrom 3.0.0.6 (or whatever the latest number is), works on most roms, but not all and will not restore all of your older backups.

Just wanted to update that RodimusRom works fine under ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6 for me. The backups made using Xionia CWMA v1.2518.3 loaded fine too. I can load back ups of the stock rom, RodimusRom, & Zefie's CM7 with data2ext.

OptimusVBoy22

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Since switching to this ROM from stock, I am unable to use Better Cut to create different shortcut icons. I think this is due to the fact that the original install does not use the native home app. Is there a work around for this problem besides switching ROMs? I really do like the blue theme.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Since switching to this ROM from stock, I am unable to use Better Cut to create different shortcut icons. I think this is due to the fact that the original install does not use the native home app. Is there a work around for this problem besides switching ROMs? I really do like the blue theme.

You can get the original launcher from the stock rom or another rom. Copy the file from /system/app/Launcher.apk and place it on your microSD card. Then install it using any file browser.

I'm not sure if that will solve your issue, but this is the app that was removed from this rom.

overthinkingme

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to update that RodimusRom works fine under ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6 for me. The backups made using Xionia CWMA v1.2518.3 loaded fine too. I can load back ups of the stock rom, RodimusRom, & Zefie's CM7 with data2ext.

Installing the Rom with clock work wouldn't work for me. Warned me that the zip had amend scripts and needed that changed to edify scripts. I'm good on the ra recovery though.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Installing the Rom with clock work wouldn't work for me. Warned me that the zip had amend scripts and needed that changed to edify scripts. I'm good on the ra recovery though.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, well I installed all the roms under Xionia CWMA v1.2518.3, and then created the back ups. I then later installed clockwork. I haven't tried flashing roms yet under clockwork, but the backups seem to restore just fine. I've since made new backups, and they work too.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
well could you give me a link to grab the recovery i need, i am now stuck in the clockwork recovery menu with a full wipe done... if i reboot i know ill be bricked.. thanks by the way, and ya might wanna put that on the first post, instead of letting people find out after they f their phone up...

update: I fixed my issue after the cwrecoery crashed on usb sdcard thing, it rebooted into asopcmod, so i followed instructions from there to install thunderc recovery... However i still think this is relavant info to put on the front page that you can use only your rom or everyone elses.... i do however appreciate your work...

If you can't handle following simple instructions, maybe you shouldn't be messing with your phone. Why would you start wiping your data and trying to flash software that explicitly states that you need a different recovery than the one you have? If you look hard enough, a CWMA link is provided.

Also, rebooting after a wipe does not "brick" or "f up" your phone.

Reactions: denshigomi
Status
Not open for further replies.