ARCHIVED: [ROM] RodimusROM v1.2.3 + xionia [4/3/11] All themes update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to install the rom, I have clockwork and root. But for some reason I always get 'remount failed: operation aborted' in Romtools and installation aborted when I try to install it manually in clockwork.

Can anyone help me out? Or if anyone has experienced this before?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I recommend using the thunder flash thingy for recovery. I didn't even see optimus supported in the basic clock work mod app. Besides, it's easy as pie to flash the custom recovery.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It's still looping on the green android swirly boot screen, can't get passed it for some reason.

Tried wiping data and dalvik-cache, but still to no avail.

I'm currently running [Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.4)

And using Romtools to flash the ROM. Still getting the same result each time, has anyone else experienced this?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's still looping on the green android swirly boot screen, can't get passed it for some reason.

Tried wiping data and dalvik-cache, but still to no avail.

I'm currently running [Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.4)

And using Romtools to flash the ROM. Still getting the same result each time, has anyone else experienced this?

Are you waiting long enough on the first boot? That usually takes extra long as the rom is configuring itself.

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you waiting long enough on the first boot? That usually takes extra long as the rom is configuring itself.

Would the boot screen continually freeze than show an underscore '_' on the left then restart the boot screen again?
I may have been impatient if that is normal, I'll try it again and wait a while and see if it works.

EDIT: got it thank you for all your help mmarz!

Last edited:

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I had that same problem when I first tried flashing the rom AND the blue theme both at the same time. I re flashed just the rom and it worked, then I flashed the blue theme.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to install a diffrent version of launcher pro.? I've npticed it always fails and I would really love to use a diffrent version along with the newest one

This only seems to happen to me after I've left it on the charger over night and it is fully charged... I get a force close sometimes, but a reboot of course fixes it.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I have that problem. But it was never that accurate to begin with. Last time I used it with out gps it thought I was in the ghetto of my city.

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. Google maps will not locate where i am without turning on GPS. My location services are turned on in settings. Beautiful widgets will not find my location using data or wifi. This is confirmed working on aosp CM 7 and stock. Also the built in news and weather widget will not find my location automatically.

mikeofarabia

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So far so Great! This Rodimus ROM is looking good and its nice and smoooth!

I have a question though! on the stock V rom, you can input ##VIRGIN# on the phone interface to change your number and the MSID and MDN setting, now I am getting an error message saying "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly"

This was part of my activation process where I had to input my number and I'm concerned if I need to change my number with VM, I won't be able to do it. How would one manage? flash back to the stock V rom and activate that way?

You can go to settings>About Phone>Status and there you can see the number but it is labelled MIN.

This thread at XDA-Dev is kindof the same issue:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=380533

BadAngel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Awesome Rom... I love every aspect of it, The only issue that subtracts from it is the bluetooth, as I used to use it in my car all the time. But as stated, it will be fixed soon so I have no complaints!

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm so far I've only seen like 2 or 3 people state they have wifi issues. I would be more apt to believe it's the bluetooth hardware than it is the phone. Have you tried any other bluetooth devices?

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm so far I've only seen like 2 or 3 people state they have wifi issues. I would be more apt to believe it's the bluetooth hardware than it is the phone. Have you tried any other bluetooth devices?

your location service works over wifi/3g WITHOUT gps on?

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I was referring to their bluetooth device issue. As for the location service issue, I would think that it should NOT work without GPS, as that is the whole point of location services.

Granted, I haven't tried location without GPS, but I suppose I can give it a shot.

EDIT: Yeah, doesn't appear location works without GPS, why is this an issue though? Why would you want an inaccurate reading anyways?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.