ARCHIVED: [ROM] RodimusROM v1.2.3 + xionia [4/3/11] All themes update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
To remove Launcher Pro do I just remove the apk from data/data/sys/app? or are there any other files to remove too? I use ADW EX so I am just trying to remove what I do not need. This is an awesome Rom and I am loving it!
I downloaded Launcher Pro from the market, I didn't know it was already built in. I wonder if I uninstall the downloaded one if it'll still be there.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
To remove Launcher Pro do I just remove the apk from data/data/sys/app? or are there any other files to remove too? I use ADW EX so I am just trying to remove what I do not need.

LauncherPro is stored in /system/app on this ROM. You can remove LauncherPro-0.8.3.apk as well as /data/data/com.fede.launcher (after a nandroid).

If you're looking to free up app space though, deleting LauncherPro won't help. It is stored on the system partition with this ROM. Apps downloaded are stored on the data partition.

However, there is a good 44-50 mb free on the system partition. An option for everyone is to move apps you don't plan on uninstalling any time soon to /system/app. If you reboot after the move, the app should function normally. But I recommend making a titanium backup just in case.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Launcher Pro from the market, I didn't know it was already built in. I wonder if I uninstall the downloaded one if it'll still be there.

When the ROM boots for the first time it asks you if you want to use Launcher Pro or the stock launcher :)

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
When you installed it you most likely just updated the one that's already there.
Yup, I uninstalled it and LP was still there, but the earlier version. I redownloaded the newer version again. Thanks.

BTW, is there any way to disable wifi scanning unless I select rescan from the menu? It constantly scans for networks even though I'm connected to my router, and I'm at home all day and never use a different AP ever.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I uninstalled it and LP was still there, but the earlier version. I redownloaded the newer version again. Thanks.

BTW, is there any way to disable wifi scanning unless I select rescan from the menu? It constantly scans for networks even though I'm connected to my router, and I'm at home all day and never use a different AP ever.

How do you know it's still scanning?

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Because when it's on the networks screen the list is updated every 5 seconds ;) I am connected to a network while it is doing this.

It's only refreshing because you're on that screen. Navigating away from it will cease the refresh.

Also, when not connected to a network and have wifi turned on, I have the ROM set to rescan every 3 minutes (assuming you're not on the network select screen)

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It's only refreshing because you're on that screen. Navigating away from it will cease the refresh.

Also, when not connected to a network and have wifi turned on, I have the ROM set to rescan every 3 minutes (assuming you're not on the network select screen)
Ahh, gotcha. That makes sense. I have JuiceDefender set to turn wifi off if it can't connect to a network within 10 seconds anyways.

BTW, thanks for updating the theme so it no longer used the flyouts :)

overthinkingme

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
How do the themes affect available internal available memory? Do the themes add to the rom size or do they replace existing files?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
LauncherPro is stored in /system/app on this ROM. You can remove LauncherPro-0.8.3.apk as well as /data/data/com.fede.launcher (after a nandroid).

If you're looking to free up app space though, deleting LauncherPro won't help. It is stored on the system partition with this ROM. Apps downloaded are stored on the data partition.

However, there is a good 44-50 mb free on the system partition. An option for everyone is to move apps you don't plan on uninstalling any time soon to /system/app. If you reboot after the move, the app should function normally. But I recommend making a titanium backup just in case.

So I could technically add in the Gingerbread Keyboard, GoSMS, remove the Froyo, Swype Keyboards, and update launcherpro with in the system partition?

Possibly update youtube and others that are still preinstalled while I am at it?

Your giving me ideas...

the location /data/data is not in your zip file. So I am guessing that in order to get in there and make the change your talking about using the command line. If so I have much more learning todo.

Last edited:

bswann

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just added the Gingerbread keyboard and removed the swype, activate, my account and launcher pro since I use ADW EX and everything is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton