05-01-2012 12:04 AM
367 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Since downgrading from aospcmod cm7 to this rom i am having trouble charging my battery. It seems to get stuck around 50%. Should i do a full wipe and reflash or is there an app i need to re-calibrate the battery?
    03-07-2011 09:06 AM
    Since downgrading from aospcmod cm7 to this rom i am having trouble charging my battery. It seems to get stuck around 50%. Should i do a full wipe and reflash or is there an app i need to re-calibrate the battery?
    Try wiping everything, data, cache, dalvik, mounts> system, boot, cache
    Then flash rom, charge to full, reboot into recovery, wipe battery stats. Reboot, use phone normally till it auto shuts off on its own, charge to full and it should be good. If it still gets stuck, than you have a faulty battery.
    03-07-2011 12:34 PM
    A more experienced user without root must capture the update and then a dev must modify the update for root and then upload it so we can flash the zip, otherwise it will screw up the phone. This is why OTA updates whould be disabled in root ROMs.

Anyone without root care to get with a dev and volunteer?
    A patch was released that we can flash from recovery. Its in this forum just look for it.
    03-07-2011 12:57 PM
    I have been charging the battery since like 9 am this morning and it's finally made it's way up to a 76% charge and still charging. I am thinking i just did not cycle the battery correctly since i got the phone a few weeks ago.
    03-07-2011 02:16 PM
    I have been charging the battery since like 9 am this morning and it's finally made it's way up to a 76% charge and still charging. I am thinking i just did not cycle the battery correctly since i got the phone a few weeks ago.
    Usually its like 2 hrs per 50%

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-07-2011 02:20 PM
    I dont mean to be a bother...but im really looking forward to the next version... /poke
    03-08-2011 03:46 PM
    Superb ROM. No problems yet and it doesn't break any apps. Just add the Activate app back to the ROM. It's not bloat.

Looking forward to your future releases.
    03-10-2011 07:28 AM
    Will there be any upcoming themes, boot screens or any way to add them to this rom?
    03-10-2011 11:04 AM
    help help HELP HELP.

phone said E:cant oprn /sdcard/clockwordmod/xionia-vm.zip
    i dont know what to do
    03-10-2011 07:21 PM
    help help HELP HELP.

i dont know what to do
    Danger. Back away from the phone.
    03-11-2011 07:15 AM
    help help HELP HELP.

i dont know what to do
    you are doing something wrong. Start over. Depending on where you're at, just pickup from where these instructions pertain to you...

Theres a few ways you can install that ROM...heres the way i did it... start here (only download the files at the bottom of the first post, dont follow the guide as ive taken part of the instructions from it already)
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...rc-sprint.html

The files the guide says to download put on the root of the SD card, and also unpack their contents into the root of the SD card as well (the unpacking is more important).

The first page of the "how to root the optimus v" has all the links to the stuff you really need but i included it without links in this writeup for you...

What You'll Need:
    - Sun JDK
    - The Android SDK, . Install this on the root of your computer so the path is C:/android. After you've installed the SDK, make sure it's up to date by launching the SDK Manager. This will be something like c:\android\SDK Manager.exe. It will ask you to update several things, but the only one that needs to be up to date is the SDK Platform for Android 2.2
    - Drivers for the LG phone installed on your computer.
    - SuperOneClick v1.6.3, which is available from xda-developers
    - And the file I have attached to this post. Download it, unzip it, and put the 2 files inside in your android\platform-tools folder created from installing the SDK.

Step 1: Plug your phone into your PC with the USB cable.

Step 2: Make sure the phone is charge only (don't mount as USB drive) and USB debugging is enabled. Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > check mark USB debugging

Step 3: Run SuperOneClick.exe. Select the psneuter exploit on the right, and then click the Shell Root button. SuperOneClick will attempt to gain a temporary root for your phone. This may take several tries. Keep trying until you get a message that says "You phone has a Temp ADB Root". Leave this window open, do not reboot your phone, and[/SIZE]continue to step 4.

Step 4: ADB into your phone.

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak

# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img

# reboot recovery

Then once in recovery, wipe everything (cache, dalvik, whatever you want) then flash the Xionia-VM rom via "install zip from sd card". Done.

The other way would be using ROMTools.

1. Root
    2. Install CWMA recovery via ROMTools (or another method)
    3. Nandroid backup and/or Titanium Backup
    4. Rename 'Xionia-VM' (or Rodimus or whatever rom you choose) to 'ROM' and place in 'rom' folder (in ROMTools)
    5. Choose option #1 in ROMTools and wait until rebooted
    pspOPT likes this.
    03-11-2011 11:22 AM
    rom does not show up when i try to flash it, i tried putting it in a folder and doing it,when it opens it runs and then it stops and sais (bad). i also tried rom tools but that doesnt work either.
    03-13-2011 04:13 PM
    said
    finding update package.....
    opening update package.....
    E:cant open \sdcard\custom rom\xionia-vm.zip
    (bad)
    03-13-2011 04:25 PM
    i got it i had to use superoneclick before putting the rom on even though my phone was allready rooted.
    03-13-2011 05:24 PM
    if you had to use superoneclick then your phone obviously was not rooted. The root on this phone is a temp root so if you restarted, it may appear to still be rooted but it isnt. Didnt seem like you were following the right steps at all, you sure you should be messing with the phone like this? Good luck with the rest of it though, i guess you're beyond the hard part.
    03-13-2011 06:42 PM
    Does MMS work on this ROM??? please answer quickly Thanks
    03-15-2011 11:54 AM
    Yes it does. Its froyo 2.2 so same as stock with some bloat removed and overclockable.
    junior187 likes this.
    03-15-2011 12:54 PM
    Hell Yes!!! EVERYTHING works perfect!!!
    03-16-2011 11:08 PM
    Great rom. Stable, fast. Would like to see a tweak for battery status in the notification bar. But that's just nitpicking.
    03-17-2011 02:07 PM
    Is there any way to use a theme on this rom?
    03-17-2011 04:41 PM
    -- Installing: /sdcard/Xionia-VM.zip
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported
    Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
    It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
    Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create a working update zip packages.
    Installation aborted.

what does this mean? Is this just telling me to type what's in the parentheses into the terminal on the phone? (updater-script and update-binary) then what, install update.zip from recovery? If so, is this safe? If I'm wrong please explain.

thanks!
    03-18-2011 11:40 AM
    -- Installing: /sdcard/Xionia-VM.zip
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported
    Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
    It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
    Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create a working update zip packages.
    Installation aborted.

what does this mean? Is this just telling me to type what's in the parentheses into the terminal on the phone? (updater-script and update-binary) then what, install update.zip from recovery? If so, is this safe? If I'm wrong please explain.

thanks!
    It means you are using the wrong recovery for this rom. Install and use this one instead: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-2518-6-a.html

If you need help installing a recovery, use this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...-features.html
    stevetxbc likes this.
    03-18-2011 12:01 PM
    It means you are using the wrong recovery for this rom. Install and use this one instead: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-2518-6-a.html

If you need help installing a recovery, use this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...-features.html
    Hey, thanks! now if i install this and something goes awry, will i still be able to pull up the backups i made using the clockwork recovery?
    03-18-2011 12:21 PM
    Hey, thanks! now if i install this and something goes awry, will i still be able to pull up the backups i made using the clockwork recovery?
    There shouldn't be issues unless you backed up an app2sd install. Even in that case, you can use this: [Recovery] Customized CWM 3.0.1.3 fake-flash with ext4 support (03/06/2011) - xda-developers

It is a "fake" flash of clockwork 3. You rename it update.zip. Put it on your microsd. When you need to partition, back up, or restore a CM7 rom, you simply use your own recovery and press "install update.zip". That will load you into the fake CWM 3 recovery where you can do all the tasks you want. When you reboot, your old recovery will still be there.

This will let you use the benefits of both of these recoveries.
    03-18-2011 12:30 PM
    I'm new to the android phone and this is my first post. This rom is great had no problem with root or flashing, its super fast and stable at 825. The only problem I have is I cannot connect usb in debug. If I plug in the usb cable and select debug I lose usb, any thoughts?
    03-18-2011 01:07 PM
367 ... 1011121314 ...