05-01-2012 01:04 AM
367 ... 12131415
tools
    I seem to be having an issue with my SD card's mounting since install, (it'll spontaneously unmount for seemingly no reason), but other than that, very stable! This is the first custom rom I've flashed, and I'm pretty impressed!

Linpack scores as requested (I used setCPU to overclock stably to 806mHz)
    MFLOPS - 9.512
    Time - 8.81 (seconds)
    Norm Res - 5.68
    Precision - 2.220446049250313E-16
    03-27-2011 08:20 PM
    I installed this rom a few days ago, and have been noticing that apps seem to be randomly disappearing and I have to restore them from a backup. Any idea why this is happening, and how I can stop it?
    03-28-2011 09:51 AM
    I installed this rom a few days ago, and have been noticing that apps seem to be randomly disappearing and I have to restore them from a backup. Any idea why this is happening, and how I can stop it?
    This happens to me on stock as well. If the app is installed on the sd card you can try remounting the sd card. If its not then you could try clearing out the cache and rebooting. Usually when this happens you can see the app package on the applications settings. It would should up as "com."appname".pub" or something like that.

I dont know what causes or how to stop it from happening, but its def not this rom in particular since it has happened to be on stock.
    03-28-2011 10:01 AM
    I just tried to install this, and I am getting

Installation aborted
    Xionia-VM.zip bad

**EDIT**
    N/M it didn't download the complete zip file

Question..............Why is it, that if this ROM has bloatware removed, that I have less space now then I did with the stock ROM?
    03-28-2011 10:23 AM
    This is probably a silly question, but since I'd rather be called cautious than careless, I'll ask anyway..

From the ROMtools page it appears that simply flashing the appropriate recovery image (the xionia_cwma_12518.6.img apparently for this kernel) and then flashing this rom will give root privileges so I would not need to do the SuperOneClick method as listed in the sticky thread on 'how to root'. Am I correct in thinking this?
    03-28-2011 11:20 AM
    Question..............Why is it, that if this ROM has bloatware removed, that I have less space now then I did with the stock ROM?
    I can only guess it's because the OS files have been 'deodexed', which uncompresses them?
    03-28-2011 11:21 AM
    This is probably a silly question, but since I'd rather be called cautious than careless, I'll ask anyway..

From the ROMtools page it appears that simply flashing the appropriate recovery image (the xionia_cwma_12518.6.img apparently for this kernel) and then flashing this rom will give root privileges so I would not need to do the SuperOneClick method as listed in the sticky thread on 'how to root'. Am I correct in thinking this?
    yes. RomTools simplifies the root and custom ROM process to where SuperOneClick doesnt need to be used standalone.
    david allen10 likes this.
    03-28-2011 02:38 PM
    I just tried to install this, and I am getting

Installation aborted
    Xionia-VM.zip bad

**EDIT**
    N/M it didn't download the complete zip file

If you didn't wipe first, then yes, you will have less, stuff is still stuck in the phone.

Also, while a lot of junk was removed, it wasn't stripped clean. Not to mention certain apps included in it have had updates, many of which are several megs and they don't remove the old versions in all cases. Remember, this was one of the first roms we could get.
    03-28-2011 04:04 PM
    Does anyone have a link to the complete Virgin Mobile Optimus V stock rom with no mods? I'm not sure if I may have messed things up -- I force uninstalled some apps and jic I wonder if anyone has a completely unmodified ROM
    03-28-2011 09:55 PM
    sry newb here. just rooted my phone..how do I install the rom and kernel?
    This is my first attempt also. I finally got SuperOneClick to work ... i used the older drivers from a forum post, but am wondering what to do next ... do i even need superoneclick for this? How do i flash ect.. where do i put the files that i have downloaded from this page the Xionia-VM.zip files? any help would be appreciated, I dont want to brick my first android phone,...

Thanx
    -Odd
    03-29-2011 01:39 AM
    This is my first attempt also. I finally got SuperOneClick to work ... i used the older drivers from a forum post, but am wondering what to do next ... do i even need superoneclick for this? How do i flash ect.. where do i put the files that i have downloaded from this page the Xionia-VM.zip files? any help would be appreciated, I dont want to brick my first android phone,...

Thanx
    -Odd
    ROMTools. Or read up and go a few pages back, ive got detailed instructions on manually doing this.

edit: you know what, im feeling generous.

Theres a few ways you can install that ROM...heres the way i did it... start here (only download the files at the bottom of the first post, dont follow the guide as ive taken part of the instructions from it already)
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...rc-sprint.html

The files the guide says to download put on the root of the SD card, and also unpack their contents into the root of the SD card as well (the unpacking is more important).

The first page of the "how to root the optimus v" has all the links to the stuff you really need but i included it without links in this writeup for you...

What You'll Need:
    - Sun JDK
    - The Android SDK, . Install this on the root of your computer so the path is C:/android. After you've installed the SDK, make sure it's up to date by launching the SDK Manager. This will be something like c:\android\SDK Manager.exe. It will ask you to update several things, but the only one that needs to be up to date is the SDK Platform for Android 2.2
    - Drivers for the LG phone installed on your computer.
    - SuperOneClick v1.6.3, which is available from xda-developers
    - And the file I have attached to this post. Download it, unzip it, and put the 2 files inside in your android\platform-tools folder created from installing the SDK.

Step 1: Plug your phone into your PC with the USB cable.

Step 2: Make sure the phone is charge only (don't mount as USB drive) and USB debugging is enabled. Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > check mark USB debugging

Step 3: Run SuperOneClick.exe. Select the psneuter exploit on the right, and then click the Shell Root button. SuperOneClick will attempt to gain a temporary root for your phone. This may take several tries. Keep trying until you get a message that says "You phone has a Temp ADB Root". Leave this window open, do not reboot your phone, and[/SIZE]continue to step 4.

Step 4: ADB into your phone.

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak

# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img

# reboot recovery

Then once in recovery, wipe everything (cache, dalvik, whatever you want) then flash the Xionia-VM rom via "install zip from sd card". Done.

The other way would be using ROMTools.

1. Root
    2. Install CWMA recovery via ROMTools (or another method)
    3. Nandroid backup and/or Titanium Backup
    4. Rename 'Xionia-VM' (or Rodimus or whatever rom you choose) to 'ROM' and place in 'rom' folder (in ROMTools)
    5. Choose option #1 in ROMTools and wait until rebooted
    Odd_Duck likes this.
    03-29-2011 03:25 AM
    Neither of these methods have worked ... When i tried method 1 i did the super one click and I got temp root did the copy paste and it went through the what looked like cmd line process ... it did not reboot however ... i rebooted into recovery and deleted everything and it was not saved ..(nothing too important was lost) i deleted and wiped cache.

Then I tried the second way ... I have renamed the file Xionia to ROM, and rom.zip ect ... and got the error in recovery of:

can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 or ../block/mmcblk0 , no such file or dir.
    then
    cant mount sdcard: rom.zip install aborted no valid image in cache

**** I seem to have forgoten to get the CWMA section, once i installed that it all worked ...***

***** Thanx noe all i need to do is learn how to install gingerbread, hopefully its almost as easy *****

Thanx
    -Odd
    03-29-2011 05:14 AM
    how do u guys know how to do all this stuff? i get confused just reading these forums, and a little jealous, because i want cool stuff lol.
    03-30-2011 11:49 PM
    how do u guys know how to do all this stuff? i get confused just reading these forums, and a little jealous, because i want cool stuff lol.
    We all started where you are.
    Just go at your own pace.

Get your phone rooted, and understand that part first.
    Then move onto a custom rom.
    Form there, the sky is the limit, but you need to root, and you REALLY should understand what rooting means and does before you move onto the next step.
    03-31-2011 12:56 AM
    I seem to be having an issue with my SD card's mounting since install, (it'll spontaneously unmount for seemingly no reason), but other than that, very stable! This is the first custom rom I've flashed, and I'm pretty impressed!

Linpack scores as requested (I used setCPU to overclock stably to 806mHz)
    MFLOPS - 9.512
    Time - 8.81 (seconds)
    Norm Res - 5.68
    Precision - 2.220446049250313E-16
    I have been having the same issue with this rom but other then that Im currently loving how it works. Anybody else having this issue?
    04-02-2011 09:13 PM
    Ok guys.. I rooted my optimus V and Im looking forward to install custom rom my phone. My priority reason to install custom to overclock it because can't play smoothly in FLV or RVMB movie format. Hope it can work better with overclock to 800mhz plus.

Now, I need anyone can provide me a instruction link in step by step on how to install custom rom. Before i flash the rom, can i backup everything incase I need to reinstall original rom with original kernal?
    04-14-2011 11:12 AM
    There are lots of threads. Usually a description in each of the roms threads (first post) on how to do this. Just copy the rom zip to the root of your card. Boot into recovery. There you will have the option to backup your phone. Then just flash the rom zip to your phone and reboot.
    04-14-2011 11:18 AM
    The phone will be ROOTED after you flash to the new ROM. It is included in the ROM already. You just need to flash it.

You will flash your recovery menu then your ROM.

TeckOne you first run romtools to flash your recovery program on your phone, that's when you press "Home-volume down-power" but FIRST you need to look at the ROMtools folder on your computer, check that there is an image file called "recovery" it should be "vrecovery" if you have an Optimus V phone. Make sure to rename it to "vrecovery". (do not connect the phone to computer yet) After that, run ROMtools and on the cmd menu screen run option 2 "Flash recovery to phone" then option 1 if your phone is a "V". After that press option 1 and install the drivers. There will be 3 so just wait until its done. After the drivers install connect the phone to the computer until it is recognized, then the ROOT program "Superoneclick" will start, press SHELL ROOT then wait for confirmation. After it finished and you keep pressing any key it will reboot the phone into the NEW recovery screen that will allow you to flash ROM/recover/backup and many other things from and to your SD card.

(Just remember about the image file in the ROMtools folder and make sure it says "vrecovery" I guess it's if you have a Optimus V, donno all I know is that it would not work for me if I didn't.)
    Hope that helps,
    thz ashton4life for instrustion.

Now, my phone is rooted and its runing in stock rom. Is this instruction will work? Or, additional instruction if need to flash with Xionia Kernal and stock Virgin rom. Also, if an official Gingerbread rom release, can it be automatically update or I need reflash back stock rom? Anyone feel free to provide addiction info and I'll appreciate it.
    04-15-2011 12:46 PM
    Everything seems to work for me except the facebook contact sync. The exchange and google sync still works though
    05-05-2011 01:30 PM
    Everything seems to work for me except the facebook contact sync. The exchange and google sync still works though
    This rom is a bit dated at this point, the thread is pretty old, and the dev has been busy with school. A better option would be to try Rodimus, which is built on similar foundations, or Aphrodite which continued the development of this rom, and eventually involved into the current Harmonia.

Things have progressed quite a bit since Stock + Xionia.
    05-05-2011 06:40 PM
    Works really well even without the overclocking, it seems that the system is a lot stable with this kernel, once you overclock this sucker is just rapes. I haven't test it all the little features like MMS, SMS, GPS, WIFI, HOTSPOT, etc. Also I don't really know if its my eyes or the kernel causing this but the screen contrast if i spelled that right seem to have changed, which really catches my eyes. Certain colors look darker and much brighter, is not like the stock where everything is bright, So if you cause this or the kernel is it looks really sweet
    07-18-2011 08:54 PM
    First, I woudl HIGHLY recommend removing your phone # and email.
    Seriously, that is just a bad idea.

Second, this rom is quite old at this point. There has been several generations of improvements upon it, see my post just above yours. Though even that info is dated now.

Look into Bumblebee or Harmonia, both of which can at least sort of trace their roots or ideas to this, or Reborn, which is sort of the modern Rodimus. Don't get me wrong, this rom is decent, but it does have issues here and there and things have only gotten better.
    07-18-2011 09:40 PM
    I want to know who the heck keeps trolling these things from the graveyard? Please guys don't use this it is MONTHS behind all the current ROM's out there. Just don't blindly put things on your phone. I really wish they did a better job of lableling these old ROM's as dead or something like that. At first it was zefies CM7 ROM now this thing. UGGH makes me want to bang my head on the keyboard!
    Kreatur3 likes this.
    07-18-2011 10:56 PM
    How come i cannot get this to flash? i get an error and it aborts installation. this darn LG just wont take any rom i try to put on it. i know it has CWM and the newest version. i even used rom manager to try and install.
    07-31-2011 06:33 PM
    How come i cannot get this to flash? i get an error and it aborts installation. this darn LG just wont take any rom i try to put on it. i know it has CWM and the newest version. i even used rom manager to try and install.
    CWM can't flash this rom. you need xionia or thunderc. you should flash bumblee rom, CWM can flash that
    07-31-2011 07:09 PM
367 ... 12131415