05-01-2012 01:04 AM
367 1234 ...
tools
    Thanks for bringing that up santino405 I meant to bring up something else just couldn't remember what is was.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to flash, waiting for phone skin to dry.
    02-09-2011 04:03 AM
    Everything worked out well on my end!
    Thanks, RevolutionRed!
    02-09-2011 08:55 AM
    Ok, I was able to get the xionia kernel to work with the sublimewolf rom. First, you have to install the rom via custom recovery. Then you need to clear the cache and dalvik-cache with the wipe menu of the rom, and then flash the kernel. Reboot will take a long time (maybe 5 min) as it has to rebuild the cache.

At this point, it's probably just easier to flash my rom, since they are both basically the same thing.

If you still have problems after clearing the cache and waiting 5 min to boot, there's probably an issue with your phone rather than the rom or the kernel. I say this because you have problems with every kernel (or that's what I gather from your original post).
    maybe its because im not waiting long enough, im coming from an htc evo and it would typically build the cache pretty quickly. gonna give it a try and wait a while. thanks, ill post back with my results.

everything works perfect, didnt even take long to reboot. appreciate your help. just an fyi mine is OC'd at the max 864 and running smooth
    02-09-2011 12:04 PM
    Post says will wipe everything on install... this is my first time doing this but everything I had is still on here....but I know it worked because I can use setcpu now.. I'm confused about this

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-09-2011 02:17 PM
    Post says will wipe everything on install... this is my first time doing this but everything I had is still on here....but I know it worked because I can use setcpu now.. I'm confused about this

I've been making little tweaks as I go along. I probably forgot to set it up to wipe on the last update. I'll check it out when I get off of work.
    02-09-2011 03:15 PM
    I've been making little tweaks as I go along. I probably forgot to set it up to wipe on the last update. I'll check it out when I get off of work.
    Decided that if it worked, might as well make the bug a feature. Rom no longer wipes on install. If you have problems after installing, wipe data.
    02-09-2011 04:39 PM
    when i flashed B2, during verification it said Verification Error: /system/build.prop
    02-09-2011 05:26 PM
    when i flashed B2, during verification it said Verification Error: /system/build.prop
    I signed the zip. Download and flash it again and you should be good to go. Sorry about that!
    guapinoy likes this.
    02-09-2011 05:33 PM
    i'm still getting the same error after the refresh, redownload, and flash

E: Wrong digest: system/build.prop
    E: Verification failed
    02-09-2011 05:46 PM
    Decided that if it worked, might as well make the bug a feature. Rom no longer wipes on install. If you have problems after installing, wipe data.

No problems after installing.. just didn't no what was goin on...my phone runs much better now... and since I have no need to overclock my phone temp has went down 7f

02-09-2011 07:28 PM
    i'm still getting the same error after the refresh, redownload, and flash

E: Wrong digest: system/build.prop
    E: Verification failed
    Sorry for the delay. It appears that my dropbox was not syncing. I've deleted the zip and reuploaded it from scratch, and double checked the rom by flashing it to my phone, so if it doesn't work now... I don't know what the deal is.
    02-09-2011 07:43 PM
    i get a 404 error when clicking on the link
    02-09-2011 07:46 PM
    i get a 404 error when clicking on the link
    Try again. Dropbox was probably still syncing. Sorry you've been so unlucky.
    02-09-2011 08:16 PM
    i also tried flashing and it doesn't get past the LG splash screen, the first time i downloaded it i got an error downloaded again, and this time it finished with out erros, but now it doesn't boot.
    02-09-2011 08:58 PM
    I have the same two errors. The build error the first time around and now with the fresh download it gets stock on lg logo. Anyways can't wait to try a working version of your rom . Really looking forward to oc.
    02-09-2011 09:00 PM
    I have the same two errors. The build error the first time around and now with the fresh download it gets stock on lg logo. Anyways can't wait to try a working version of your rom . Really looking forward to oc.
    Hmm.. I'm going to take the download down until this gets sorted out... Not sure what all the problems are..
    02-09-2011 09:10 PM
    Rom is back up! Try the new download and let me know how it goes.
    02-09-2011 10:28 PM
    Flashed and it booted up just fine. Thanks!
    02-09-2011 11:17 PM
    Works great! Just a suggestion... I believe their is a file that can be edited to stop sprint from throttling our download speeds. Their is a file for gsm phones but not sure if it works the same way with cdma. I use to get 1000kbs for speed tests now I am lucky to hit 300. If you could alter this it would be a huge plus for your build. Also this is my first prepaid phone will they still be able to top off my virgin with out the activate app?
    02-09-2011 11:19 PM
    Is there a way to implement this Optimus V kernel into the void rom?
    02-09-2011 11:20 PM
    Works great! Just a suggestion... I believe their is a file that can be edited to stop sprint from throttling our download speeds. Their is a file for gsm phones but not sure if it works the same way with cdma. I use to get 1000kbs for speed tests now I am lucky to hit 300. If you could alter this it would be a huge plus for your build. Also this is my first prepaid phone will they still be able to top off my virgin with out the activate app?
    They should be able to top it off automatically when they see your minutes drop, or your cash balance gets low.

While faster downloads would be interesting, that's not really my goal with the rom. Personally, I'm more interested in the working with the Kernel, and the rom contains some boot.img hacks to get a S kernel working with the V. If someone else wants to take the work and run, they are welcome to.

Is there a way to implement this Optimus V kernel into the void rom?
    Possibly. I haven't messed with the void rom. Also, this is technically a S kernel that with some init hacks to make it work with the V. If someone wants to try it, go for it. The kernel isn't mine, it was created by zefie, so he'd know more about it than me.
    02-10-2011 12:14 AM
    Flashed and booted fine, and it was my 1st time flashing a ROM

I'm a noob at this...lol

clocked at 825, stable
    much faster
    02-10-2011 07:35 PM
    Is it possible to create a ROM that allows you to overclock a GPU as well as the CPU?
    02-10-2011 08:17 PM
    Flashed and booted fine, and it was my 1st time flashing a ROM

I'm a noob at this...lol

clocked at 825, stable
    much faster
    correction i had to turn it down to 806... my phone froze a couple hrs later and i had to pull the battery... is this a kernal issue or rom issue?

i have it set at 806-122 atm

im running adw with it as my launcher... could this be a problem?

at 800 sometimes it still pauses for a few second...like a lag... then goes very fast. it seems like a ferrari going 150mph... stopping to hit a 90 degree turn and then gunning away again... is this normal?

is my min cpu too low?

ive also noticed sometimes when i get texts now the sound goes off twice like a fraction of a second apart... but both play at once...then when i try to press reply it lags for a few seconds.

none are big issues... great rom and kernal set-up... just a couple questions on my end i guess =)
    02-10-2011 10:48 PM
    is my min cpu too low?
    Your min might be a little too low. I keep mine near 320 min, 806 max and it runs fine. But that's just me.
    BillyBlanco likes this.
    02-10-2011 10:56 PM
367 1234 ...