05-01-2012 12:04 AM
367 12345 ...
tools
    ok, cpu too low

but im very curious as to why? im new to this and would like to under why low might be to low and so on? even a link to something explaining would this be great.
    02-10-2011 10:03 PM
    I am toying with the profiles to ensure the phone does not get too hot. I have it set to drop down to stock speed if it goes over 102 fahrenheit. Also to drop to 480 mhz if under 25% battery. You might want to experiment with those to ensure your phone doesn't lock up while using it.
    02-10-2011 11:11 PM
    ok, cpu too low

but im very curious as to why? im new to this and would like to under why low might be to low and so on? even a link to something explaining would this be great.
    There are quite a few different reasons the phone might just slow down randomly, the one that seems to cause the most hiccups in Android is its built in garbage collection (google Android garbage collection for more info), which is when the phone tries to reclaim unused memory. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it for now. Kill any background apps, make sure the CPU doesn't drop too low, and see if you notice any patterns to the stuttering. This might help a developer figure out where the trouble spot is.

Android is still a relatively new phone Operating System, and there are still a few kinks to work out. Don't get me wrong, I love my Android phone, but if I'm honest, I'll tell you that both WebOS and iOS have a cleaner, smoother end-user experience. Additionally, the number of hardware configurations Android runs on is much greater, meaning that Google can't polish Android for one (or a few) piece of hardware until it runs perfectly like Apple or Palm.

The bottom line is that while it's not perfect now, it will continue to get better as long as developers continue to work with it.
    BillyBlanco likes this.
    02-11-2011 12:05 AM
    This is a really great ROM, I'm looking forward to installing it.

Would it be possible to add Ext4 support and assign UI rendering to the GPU. This might be a long stretch, but is GPU overclocking available also?
    02-11-2011 04:26 AM
    Just got this ROM installed and running, the whole process went very smooth. Works excellent, it kept all of my old configurations, apps, and customized wallpaper. You can't even notice it was rooted and flashed with a custom ROM.

I couldn't get it stable on maximized 864 MHz, it kept rebooting. However, I'm currently at 844.8 MHz - stable. That's an additional 244.8 Mhz from the 600 Mhz stock, which means it's overclocked to more than a 40% speed increase. Very impressive!
    02-11-2011 04:28 AM
    I downloaded quick settings to enable the hotspot feature and I didn't have the option to enable it. Is this a problem that others are having or do I have to use another app since I rooted and installed a custom rom.
    02-11-2011 05:35 AM
    I downloaded quick settings to enable the hotspot feature and I didn't have the option to enable it. Is this a problem that others are having or do I have to use another app since I rooted and installed a custom rom.
    Quick Settings Wi-Fi hotspot works fine, did you add Wi-Fi hotspot to the list via Menu button > Customize > Drag and drop from bottom to the top?

Just to confirm it's "Quick Settings" by Sergej Shafarenka
    RevolutionRed likes this.
    02-11-2011 05:53 AM
    I just came back to say never mind I fixed the problem, and see root already figured it out too. Yes it was quick settings by sergej that i downloaded.

Thanks
    02-11-2011 06:38 AM
    I just came back to say never mind I fixed the problem, and see root already figured it out too. Yes it was quick settings by sergej that i downloaded.

Thanks
    U dont need quick settings.. Hotspot widget is much more simple

Quick settings is only better if u use the other features it has

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-11-2011 06:53 AM
    There are quite a few different reasons the phone might just slow down randomly, the one that seems to cause the most hiccups in Android is its built in garbage collection (google Android garbage collection for more info), which is when the phone tries to reclaim unused memory. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it for now. Kill any background apps, make sure the CPU doesn't drop too low, and see if you notice any patterns to the stuttering. This might help a developer figure out where the trouble spot is.

Android is still a relatively new phone Operating System, and there are still a few kinks to work out. Don't get me wrong, I love my Android phone, but if I'm honest, I'll tell you that both WebOS and iOS have a cleaner, smoother end-user experience. Additionally, the number of hardware configurations Android runs on is much greater, meaning that Google can't polish Android for one (or a few) piece of hardware until it runs perfectly like Apple or Palm.

The bottom line is that while it's not perfect now, it will continue to get better as long as developers continue to work with it.
    I am toying with the profiles to ensure the phone does not get too hot. I have it set to drop down to stock speed if it goes over 102 fahrenheit. Also to drop to 480 mhz if under 25% battery. You might want to experiment with those to ensure your phone doesn't lock up while using it.
    thanks for clearing that up revolutionred

lenoh how do you program those settings? i dont see it in SetCpu?! maybe im blind but i looked through every menu 3 times...lol
    02-11-2011 07:28 AM
    nevermind... profiles... lol
    02-11-2011 07:29 AM
    How do I enable stage fright after updating your rom

02-11-2011 09:46 AM
    This is a really great ROM, I'm looking forward to installing it.

Would it be possible to add Ext4 support and assign UI rendering to the GPU. This might be a long stretch, but is GPU overclocking available also?

Graphics accelerated UI is already enabled, because there is simply no downside to it (unlike stagefright). You should notice smoother scrolling among other things. Ext4 support is a possibility, but I'll be honest, it's not on my priority list at the moment. I'm already two versions behind on Xionia (the current is 007, this rom uses 5), trying to get it to work on the V instead of the S, so that is top priority. Once I have kernel that works for the V that is fast without any (major) hacks, I'll probably revisit features. For now, I'm just following the feature set Xionia offers. As far as GPU overclocking.. I'm not sure about this. I'll have to dig around some more and see how the system is set up.
    02-11-2011 12:23 PM
    How do I enable stage fright after updating your rom

Stagefright can be enabled by flashing a new build.prop. See THIS thread.
    02-11-2011 12:27 PM
    Just wanted to share. Put on the Custom Recovery for Optimus V and flashed this rom. Works great past few hours. I can overclock using cpuset to 826, haven't tried higher. Here's some benchmarks

Quadent standard tests

before flash stock -- 460
    after flash -- 455 (tests vary some)

overclocked to 806 with cpuset -- 572
    overclocked to 826 with cpuset -- 593

In quadent while watching graphic tests the fps goes up ~60 to 90 %

I'm a happy camper....
    02-11-2011 01:27 PM
    Switched over from after using RodimusROM for the past week. Seems a bit faster. Overclocking is a plus. Installed over the rom and didn't wipe. Everything seems nice and stable.
    P.S. - I usually underclock to conserve battery. I guess since this is a whole different kernel, clocking at 480 makes it slow rather than okay when on stock kernel. So I'm running at 600.
    02-11-2011 04:00 PM
    Just wanted to share. Put on the Custom Recovery for Optimus V and flashed this rom. Works great past few hours. I can overclock using cpuset to 826, haven't tried higher. Here's some benchmarks

Quadent standard tests

before flash stock -- 460
    after flash -- 455 (tests vary some)

overclocked to 806 with cpuset -- 572
    overclocked to 826 with cpuset -- 593

In quadent while watching graphic tests the fps goes up ~60 to 90 %

I'm a happy camper....
    Thanks for posting the benchmark scores. Would everyone mind posting Linpack scores? It's a little more stable than quadrant, and will help me get a feel for if tweaks are helping or hurting.
    02-11-2011 06:00 PM
    I am overclocked to 806 and my linpacks are between 9.4 and 9.8
    02-11-2011 06:34 PM
    set overclock back up to 844 thanks to some advice from people on this thread... very stable... havent tried higher.

don't know how to read linepacks?! where do i find this
    02-11-2011 07:29 PM
    set overclock back up to 844 thanks to some advice from people on this thread... very stable... havent tried higher.

don't know how to read linepacks?! where do i find this
    Search the google market for linpack. It's a benchmarking program. Start it up and hit run a few times and let us know what you find.
    02-11-2011 07:34 PM
    I bought linpack pro and ran 5 benchmarks... here are the results.

one unrelated question:
    i seen advive for good clockspeeds on here for low battery and high battery temp. what would be a good clock speed for screen off? i set it to 320-245... is this okay?
    02-11-2011 07:54 PM
    I bought linpack pro and ran 5 benchmarks... here are the results.

one unrelated question:
    i seen advive for good clockspeeds on here for low battery and high battery temp. what would be a good clock speed for screen off? i set it to 320-245... is this okay?
    10 is quite fast for this phone. As far as screen off, you'll have to try some different numbers and see what works best for you. I personally have my phone set to 122, but some people report that their phones have a hard time waking up when it's set that low. 245 is the default speed, so you're definitely safe there.
    02-11-2011 08:03 PM
    im glad my phone is running fast... i am even running the droid x eye (boot animation) live wallpaper which is VERY demanding... made my stock optimus v all glitchy.. even the reviews bash it... the fact is... it looks awesome... it pretty much MAKES my phone in my opinion. with this rom and kernal nothing seems to faze my phone not even the wallpaper.

ill set it to 245-245 then... i tried 122 and it was very sluggish at startup... if battery becomes a prob i may change to it anyways.
    02-11-2011 08:41 PM
    Did you guys try wiping and then reinstalling?
    02-11-2011 09:35 PM
    Graphics accelerated UI is already enabled, because there is simply no downside to it (unlike stagefright). You should notice smoother scrolling among other things. Ext4 support is a possibility, but I'll be honest, it's not on my priority list at the moment. I'm already two versions behind on Xionia (the current is 007, this rom uses 5), trying to get it to work on the V instead of the S, so that is top priority. Once I have kernel that works for the V that is fast without any (major) hacks, I'll probably revisit features. For now, I'm just following the feature set Xionia offers. As far as GPU overclocking.. I'm not sure about this. I'll have to dig around some more and see how the system is set up.
    Oh great, I did notice the rendering improved a lot. The fonts are a lot more smoother, so this might be the GPU's doing? That's fine, take your time. I know it's a lot of work, I just thought ext4 would also give a noticeable performance boost. Thanks for this really awesome mod!
    02-11-2011 10:14 PM
367 12345 ...