05-01-2012 12:04 AM
367 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Hotspot doesn't appear to be working.

It connects, and everything looks fine, but I have no internet access.
    I'm getting an IP address similar to what Windows defaults to when it isn't getting an IP address from the router.

Can anyone else confirm this problem?
    I'll wipe later tonight and see if it fixes things.
    Wifi is working fine, tried two different routers. It obtains proper IP and lets me surf.

Maybe you can try other routers, confirm with a good signal strength too?
    02-15-2011 07:19 PM
    Rev u should tell ppl to wipe everything after install... I didnt wipe when 1st installed... everything was fine then after about 4 days I would get random reboots and apps disappearing.... But I reflashed and wiped all data (like u originaly posted when thread was 1st made) now everythings been great for the past 3 days

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Yep. I made the change in the first post. The next version of the rom will wipe the cache automatically since it needs to be done.
    02-15-2011 08:00 PM
    Wifi is working fine, tried two different routers. It obtains proper IP and lets me surf.

Maybe you can try other routers, confirm with a good signal strength too?
    Wifi acces, yes.
    Wifi hotspot (use phone as internet access point), no.
    02-15-2011 08:02 PM
    It's been nearly a week since using this rom. But recently, after reboots, apps installed on the sd card have been disappearing. When I install missing apps through titanium it processes but says it will overwrite the existing app. So it's still there but not visible, like it's just based off a report log that didn't record the uninstallations or disappearance.

I found on a moto droid forum that the person deleted the contents of .android_secure on the sd card to remedy the problem. But he/she also wiped and reinstalled the rom. I will let you know if deleting the folder contents are good enough.

But is this related to the rom? I did not wipe because, as stated in your notes, users have reported no problems installing without wiping.

It's worth mentioning that when on the previous rom (RodimusROM) whenever I moved an app to sd it would pop up an error message that it couldn't be moved to the sd. But after trying again it worked and moved to sd. I'm guessing this was because of that error and being carried over to this rom brought the problem along.
    If may be a problem in the base rom, if both mine and romidus have the problem. I'll see if I can figure it out. For what's it's worth, I run my own rom and haven't had any problems..

I would try clearing the cache like others have tried (the wipe menu from custom recovery). It won't kill your apps, but it may fix the problem of apps disappearing or supposedly present when they aren't. The cache is used for (among other things) a sort of high-speed locator for apps. If it's out of date, or got corrupted, it could cause these sort of problems.

At any rate, since people apparently ARE having problems, the next version will go back to wiping. I hope to have BETA 3 up by the end of the week.
    02-15-2011 08:07 PM
    Wifi acces, yes.
    Wifi hotspot (use phone as internet access point), no.
    Another user is reporting the same problem. I'm currently looking into it, but don't have a solution yet. It appears to be a problem with the kernel, so I'd say go back to the stock kernel for now if you really need this.
    02-15-2011 08:09 PM
    I reflashed then wiped cache, davlik cache, and factory wiped. It was a long arduous task. And so far everything seems fine. Even when pulling the battery and hanging at the boot-up upon restart, all apps loaded just fine. We'll see how it goes during the week.
    02-15-2011 09:09 PM
    my hotspot feature is working just fine, used it the other day and had 2 laptops connected to it

the only problem im having is my sd card unmounting itself sometime when the lcd is off then remounting when i click and button to turn on the lcd. Its annoying when im downloading something and i constantly have to redownload

idk if thats an issue with the rom or kernel but i did see something online that said the optimus S has the same issue and to fix it some ppl just reformat a new sd card, im gonna try it tomorrow, anyone less had or is having this problem

other than that GREAT kernel and bloatware removal
    02-15-2011 09:16 PM
    Another user is reporting the same problem. I'm currently looking into it, but don't have a solution yet. It appears to be a problem with the kernel, so I'd say go back to the stock kernel for now if you really need this.
    While I do kind of need it and I can go without it for a bit, another reason for posting was to help confirm the issue.

It's still an awesome rom, good work.

I'll follow what is below and a wipe and see if it helps.

my hotspot feature is working just fine, used it the other day and had 2 laptops connected to it

the only problem im having is my sd card unmounting itself sometime when the lcd is off then remounting when i click and button to turn on the lcd. Its annoying when im downloading something and i constantly have to redownload

idk if thats an issue with the rom or kernel but i did see something online that said the optimus S has the same issue and to fix it some ppl just reformat a new sd card, im gonna try it tomorrow, anyone less had or is having this problem

other than that GREAT kernel and bloatware removal
    I'll give that a shot and see.
    02-15-2011 09:18 PM
    Hi, I have complete rooted and installed this rom, and i am one of the lucky ones as i can use the phone at the full 864 mhz with no problems. well, almost. Something has gone wrong with the screen, like it seams to be calibrated wrong or something and i know you dont calibrate capacitive screesn but like when typeing for instance i have to hit the same key around 3 times for it too actually register and scrolling screens is really jumpy and i know for a fact its not the processor. anyone have any ideas on why this is happening. im still very new to android
    02-15-2011 11:12 PM
    Just got done testing and playing.

Wifi hotspot does work.

I turned it on, and would connect, but with no internet access. I tried a few roms and at one point, I left it on and went searching for answers, looked back and it was working. Basically it connects to the phone, sits for about a minute, then the laptop restarts the connection and it has internet. It worked this way on the stock Virgin build and on this build.

If you use the hotspot widget, just be patient, give it a minute or two and it should work.
    02-16-2011 01:44 AM
    I didn't read through all the posts, so sorry if this was already mentioned. I have loved this rom except for one thing...it makes my phone charge extremely slow, like maybe 6% per hour with screen off and not touching it. It doesn't use up power faster, just charges slower. Is anyone else having this problem? Also, I can no longer mount the drive over USB. I have to take it out and plug it directly into the computer.
    02-16-2011 11:57 AM
    mydever: try installing the drivers from lg mobile update. this fixed my phone not showing up. also make sure usb debugging is turned off if u dont have those drivers. my phone charges much slower if i charge via usb or with the stock charger. but when i use my other micro usb charger from my other lg phone it charges faster
    02-16-2011 05:45 PM
    one thing of intrest you cant reacative your phone with this rom due to the activation app being missing. i however extracted it from a stock install and it can be installed with easy installer and fixes the issue its called the self service assistant i backed it up with sdx stock app remover and then verified it by looking at the icon in easy installer, i then rebooted and restored my nandroid backup of my current setup (i had reverted to stock to grab the app) and installed it with out issue with easy installer and ran it with out issue. might want to include this in the beta 3 release as its tiny and is part of core functionality.

-WobbleTheHutt
    brian117, beepFTW and Kroot like this.
    02-16-2011 06:17 PM
    On the other hand, you could just dial ##847446# and reach the activation menu that way. :-)
    02-16-2011 07:48 PM
    On the other hand, you could just dial ##847446# and reach the activation menu that way. :-)
    I tried, you reach the activation menu but when you hit activate phone it does not work, as it just goes to launch the app so yeah its needed
    02-16-2011 09:10 PM
    does this rom fix the touchscreen bug ???
    I love my optimus v even in stock
    02-16-2011 09:30 PM
    ive been using it for a bit now and other than the lack of being able to activate i have not found any issues, however if ya can tell me what to look for ill check!
    02-16-2011 09:58 PM
    this rom sounds awesome, first thing ill be trying when i get my V. A few questions though from the reading i have done on this phone...

is the touchscreen sensitivity/bug/whatever fixed? I like really sensitive touchscreens and i know from ROM to ROM this changes. Ive seen a touchscreen bugfix floating around, can that be applied to this ROM?

How is gaming on this ROM? Ive heard slowness issues with Angry Birds. How does Rocket Bunnies run?

Can anybody provide overclocking profiles? Ive played with SetCPU before but i used someone else's profiles. Would like to simply have some pre-done profiles to maximize battery life while maximizing speed.

Thanks!
    02-17-2011 01:45 AM
    What is this touch screen bug I keep hearing about? The only bug I experienced is sometimes when you're scrolling it will just jump and keep scrolling until it reaches the end. But that's not so frequent so it's nothing to pull my hair out for.

Btw, I'll give you what profiles I have set. It's made for battery saving while maintaining decent performance, i.e. little lag on lockscreen when screen wakes.

[Profile] [Priority] - [max] , [min] , [scaling]
    Charging [100%] - 600 , 245 , ondemand
    Screen Off [99%] - 245 , 122 , conservative
    Battery <101% [98%] - 600 , 122 , ondemand
    Battery < 50% [97%] - 600 , 122 , conservative
    Battery <35% [ 96%] - 480 , 122 , ondemand
    Battery <20% [95%] - 480 , 122 , conservative
    You can overclock as needed. But I suggest only for Battery 101% to maximize battery life. You can also add a temperature profile just in case you overheat. But with my non-overclocked settings you don't have to worry much about overheating.
    02-17-2011 09:53 AM
    does this rom fix the touchscreen bug ???
    I love my optimus v even in stock
    The touchscreen bug is present on all android phones (supposedly it is fixed in 2.3, but I haven't tested it yet). What happens is that during a touch event (i.e., when you first touch the screen) the processor jumps to 100%, and it causes skipping in games, programs, etc. A "quick and dirty" test is to watch your setCpu frequency when you first touch the screen. You'll see it jump from your low setting to your high setting for a second, and then settle back down.

To answer your question, the kernel in this rom has a few touchscreen driver tweaks to lessen the bug (And it is for sure better than stock), but the problem isn't completely eliminated because it has to do with the way Android handles touchscreen events. As I mentioned above, 2.3 is supposed to fix this problem, and there is an initial 2.3 port in the S thread that should work, so if you are having serious touchscreen problems, you should probably try that rom instead.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I may work on the tweaks required to make the rom work 100% on the V (i.e., fix the button mapping), but frankly, I have my hands full just working out the kinks with a nearly stock rom! lol.
    02-17-2011 12:19 PM
    this rom sounds awesome, first thing ill be trying when i get my V. A few questions though from the reading i have done on this phone...

is the touchscreen sensitivity/bug/whatever fixed? I like really sensitive touchscreens and i know from ROM to ROM this changes. Ive seen a touchscreen bugfix floating around, can that be applied to this ROM?

How is gaming on this ROM? Ive heard slowness issues with Angry Birds. How does Rocket Bunnies run?

Can anybody provide overclocking profiles? Ive played with SetCPU before but i used someone else's profiles. Would like to simply have some pre-done profiles to maximize battery life while maximizing speed.

Thanks!
    There are some tweaks to lesson the touchscreen problem, but it's not completely gone.. See my last post.. Gaming is much improved, assuming you are overclocked. If you are not, the differences are hardly going to be noticeable. I run Angry Birds just fine. It chugs a little on the later levels still, but it's not nearly as bad as stock. There's another thread specifically dedicated to overclocked gaming on the forum.
    02-17-2011 12:22 PM
    Mucho gusto!

My phone is flying at 800Mhz now.

Will be tough to give this up when the OptV CM7 is out
    02-17-2011 02:19 PM
    Works well. Just had to wipe everythin
    02-17-2011 05:15 PM
    Thanks for the response, Rev. Any chance you can check the performance of Rocket Bunnies?
    02-17-2011 06:26 PM
    I'm still on the fence 'bout rooting ftb due to wifi tethering..
    Red's beta3 rom looks like the ticket imma grab as soon as he fixes a few kinks (much appreciated Red)!!
    Tether via quick settings works magically on the stock virgin froyo.

Touchscreen bug:

Minor fix by mik_os
    [GPL][updated 03.02.2011] Kernel with minimized touchscreen bug - xda-developers

More info in Optimus T forum:
    Lg Optimus T / One touchscreen bug fixed!!! No more lag!!! - xda-developers

Video showing before & after playing Reckless Racing on Optimus One:
    02-17-2011 07:32 PM
367 ... 45678 ...