05-01-2012 01:04 AM
367 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I'm still on the fence 'bout rooting ftb due to wifi tethering..
    Red's beta3 rom looks like the ticket imma grab as soon as he fixes a few kinks (much appreciated Red)!!
    Tether via quick settings works magically on the stock virgin froyo.

Touchscreen bug:

Minor fix by mik_os
    [GPL][updated 03.02.2011] Kernel with minimized touchscreen bug - xda-developers

More info in Optimus T forum:
    Lg Optimus T / One touchscreen bug fixed!!! No more lag!!! - xda-developers

Video showing before & after playing Reckless Racing on Optimus One:
    so this will keep the cpu from spikeing like that???? is it overclockable? are any keys switched on the v??????????????

Also does anyone notice lag at all.? like when transitioning screens? it seams too happen when im typeing,playing a game or anything else. any ideas???
    jmel likes this.
    02-17-2011 10:05 PM
    Hey Android newbie here. Just rooted and flashed the Xionia rom last night. Also installed setCPU to do some overclocking. Everything has been great but now my phone has started to randomly reboot. Sometimes it will be fine after the reboot, other times it will keep rebooting constantly. Any ideas what could be the problem? Is it the overclocking?

EDIT: Turned SetCPU off and still rebooted. If it helps, it seems to happen every time I try to use my Barcode Scanner app.
    02-18-2011 02:06 AM
    This is by far the best ROM for the Optimus V. Quick and easy install and wow does it fly. Thank you so much for your hard work and for giving us all a phone we can be proud of and the opportunity to shove it people's face that I have a better performing phone than they do for a fraction of the price. You found a lifetime customer.
    RevolutionRed likes this.
    02-18-2011 02:27 AM
    I haven't overclocked, I just put the rom in and ran with it. I've been running it almost a week now. It does run better on games, Angry bird runs smoother on earlier and later levels. I can't tell you by how much though, I backed up the wrong Angry Birds file and don't car to flash back to get it and I haven't leveled up that far yet, but it is definitely faster than stock.

As for the wifi tethering, it takes a moment to kick in fully, but it does work. I haven't found anything yet that doesn't work on it, though compared to many of you, my phone is probably bare.

Regardless, it's a worthwhile improvement over stock even if you don't overclock. You get a speed improvement and get rid of some junk, which increased my battery life. Exactly what I was after.

If you are on the fence, read, read, read.
    It's less scary the more you read up on this stuff and the benefits are good. I too was on the fence, but I'm glad I did it.
    02-18-2011 06:54 AM
    I agree 100% with LeslieAnn.

It's a totally different phone with this ROM installed.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-18-2011 08:40 AM
    Can someone post up how to install this ROM? I scanned through the thread, but didn't see how to install it, I am rooted, and custom recovery.
    02-18-2011 10:15 AM
    Revolution Red, zefie is suggesting to try /system/bin/ami304d from the VC ROM to possibly fix the mapping and accelerometer issues.
    02-18-2011 11:48 AM
    Also on that front, Red, is it possible to build in any fixes for the cpu spiking to 100% usage when the touch screen is pressed?

EDIT: I see someone asked that already, so my apologies. Still curious though
    02-18-2011 11:58 AM
    Can someone post up how to install this ROM? I scanned through the thread, but didn't see how to install it, I am rooted, and custom recovery.
    Put it in the root of your SD card, then install (flash . . .I forget the menu name) in the custom recovery.

Before you do that however, wipe the cache and Dalvik cache (also through the custom recovery). You may or may not have to wipe /data. Try it without first, then if you have problems, go ahead and wipe all three, then flash the ROM again.
    02-18-2011 12:14 PM
    Revolution Red, zefie is suggesting to try /system/bin/ami304d from the VC ROM to possibly fix the mapping and accelerometer issues.
    This ROM has those issues fixed. I was simply highlighting what they were.
    02-18-2011 03:23 PM
    Put in the zip on the root of your sd card, flash from custom recovery. Wipe cache + dalvik cache. Reboot.

EDIT: Whoops. Sorry. Didn't realize someone else had already posted.
    02-18-2011 03:24 PM
    One more question, then I MAY try this. Do we need to be deodexed or anything?
    02-18-2011 03:35 PM
    One more question, then I MAY try this. Do we need to be deodexed or anything?
    No. You need to be root and have a custom recovery installed. takehull posted a recovery that works in the main thread. Other than that, it's just a matter of flashing the rom. The rom itself IS deodexed, but it doesn't require that you've done it beforehand.
    02-18-2011 03:36 PM
    It appears they found the actual source of that touchscreen bug and an actual fix, rather than a work around... I guess that's why I brought it up.
    02-18-2011 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the response, Rev. Any chance you can check the performance of Rocket Bunnies?
    Unfortunately, rocket bunnies is no longer in the android market, or I would test.
    02-18-2011 03:39 PM
    It appears they found the actual source of that touchscreen bug and an actual fix, rather than a work around... I guess that's why I brought it up.
    Yes, android 2.3 fixes the bug. This is still a 2.2 rom, so the workarounds are needed. I can incorporate the fixes in the link into the kernel if people want to see it, but looking at how they work, I doubt they'll do much more than what's already done.
    02-18-2011 03:41 PM
    Yes, android 2.3 fixes the bug. This is still a 2.2 rom, so the workarounds are needed. I can incorporate the fixes in the link into the kernel if people want to see it, but looking at how they work, I doubt they'll do much more than what's already done.
    My take is that if you want to keep it clean, people would understand, I mean, you are doing this all in your spare time, and it is very much appreciated.

However, the thread here:

[GPL][updated 03.02.2011] Kernel with minimized touchscreen bug - xda-developers

mentions:

"Now hack is not dirty, just found that driver has native implementation of "sleep".
    Result: 15-30% cpu use with tap down."

I think the OP tried to cross out the part where he was using some sorta work around...

I'm just not quite sure what he did, as it looks like he has a separate kernel there with other tweaks included (probably as you have tweaked this kernel)...
    02-18-2011 03:46 PM
    ok, here goes nothing.............
    02-18-2011 04:00 PM
    Well everything went ok, my internal starage went from 88M to 58M so, I don;t know where my other 30 M went

Everything except now I can't connect USB
    02-18-2011 04:08 PM
    Well everything went ok, my internal starage went from 88M to 58M so, I don;t know where my other 30 M went

Everything except now I can't connect USB
    did you try disabling USB debugging?
    02-18-2011 05:15 PM
    did you try disabling USB debugging?
    I did......and re-enabling, same thing.

I would still like to know where my free space went to though. right now I went back to my restore point
    02-18-2011 05:21 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that the cpu spikes at random for no apparent reason? i have used system monitor etc to figure out whyy it keeps happening and theres no indication of what causes it. It At first i noticed the home replacement app i was using (ADW ex) Was Throttling the cpu constantly from 15 to 50 percent. im not sure if this is a kernel bug or not, but i tried switching to Launcher pro and for a short while it was fine but then The spikes started to occur again. is this just a bug or did i install something wrong.?
    Thanks
    02-18-2011 06:38 PM
    I did......and re-enabling, same thing.

I would still like to know where my free space went to though. right now I went back to my restore point
    I flashed my ROM with a increase of internal storage. I did a titanium backup. Then reboot into customer recovery. Do a nand backup. Wipe all data. Then copied my sdcard to my computer. then wiped it. put sdcard backin. reboot into recovery. flash the ROM and reboot. Takes a few min to boot. Then copy your titanium backup folder back to the sdcard. Download titanium backup from the market. Then do a restore.

I had to flash mine twice.
    Kroot likes this.
    02-18-2011 06:46 PM
    You really should wipe the phone before or after changing the rom. Then put your stuff back in. That is probably where your space went.

Even with quite a bit on it, I still have 70 megs free.
    02-19-2011 12:43 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that the cpu spikes at random for no apparent reason? i have used system monitor etc to figure out whyy it keeps happening and theres no indication of what causes it. It At first i noticed the home replacement app i was using (ADW ex) Was Throttling the cpu constantly from 15 to 50 percent. im not sure if this is a kernel bug or not, but i tried switching to Launcher pro and for a short while it was fine but then The spikes started to occur again. is this just a bug or did i install something wrong.?
    Thanks
    its probably related to the touchscreen bug talked about above, its fixed in gingerbread and on custom roms for the S i would expect it to be fixed in B3
    02-19-2011 12:51 AM
367 ... 56789 ...