ARCHIVED: [ROM] Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Lenoh's screen time-out problem may be an isolated incident. I have tried sublimewulf's stock and optimized ROM over at XDA and mmmark111's RodimusROM and I have not come across any screen time-out issues.
Lenoh, have you had that problem when you first got the phone before any rooting? If so, it must be hardware related.

I never had that issue before installing roms, but it appears to have worked itself out. I did a battery pull and my phone appears to be operating correctly.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i am not having any luck flashing new kernels. they all freeze at the lg logo and i have to restore from nandroid. has anyone tried flashing just the kernel and not the rom and have it be successful?

Ok, I was able to get the xionia kernel to work with the sublimewolf rom. First, you have to install the rom via custom recovery. Then you need to clear the cache and dalvik-cache with the wipe menu of the rom, and then flash the kernel. Reboot will take a long time (maybe 5 min) as it has to rebuild the cache.

At this point, it's probably just easier to flash my rom, since they are both basically the same thing.

If you still have problems after clearing the cache and waiting 5 min to boot, there's probably an issue with your phone rather than the rom or the kernel. I say this because you have problems with every kernel (or that's what I gather from your original post).

Last edited:

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
K, themes are a no go. Or at least the Gingerbread theme.

Confirmed. I dug a little deeper and the files that have to do with theming are different between the S and the V. So, the S themes won't work for now. I tested 3 of them myself with no luck. I'll update the first post.

Since this rom is meant to be mostly stock and simply enable the fastest kernels to run on the V, I probably won't devote much time to getting the themes working. However, if someone want to pick this rom up as a base and work on it, they are more than welcome to. Just credit zefie for the kernel.

santino405

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I was using this kernel and rom and everything works great. How ever theirs a green bar at the top when playing youtube video. This is using the latest youtube from the market.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was using this kernel and rom and everything works great. How ever theirs a green bar at the top when playing youtube video. This is using the latest youtube from the market.

That's due to stagefright being enabled. Google it or search on the forums to learn more about it, flash THIS to just fix the green line.

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for bringing that up santino405 I meant to bring up something else just couldn't remember what is was.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to flash, waiting for phone skin to dry.

cpiddy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I was able to get the xionia kernel to work with the sublimewolf rom. First, you have to install the rom via custom recovery. Then you need to clear the cache and dalvik-cache with the wipe menu of the rom, and then flash the kernel. Reboot will take a long time (maybe 5 min) as it has to rebuild the cache.

At this point, it's probably just easier to flash my rom, since they are both basically the same thing.

If you still have problems after clearing the cache and waiting 5 min to boot, there's probably an issue with your phone rather than the rom or the kernel. I say this because you have problems with every kernel (or that's what I gather from your original post).

maybe its because im not waiting long enough, im coming from an htc evo and it would typically build the cache pretty quickly. gonna give it a try and wait a while. thanks, ill post back with my results.

everything works perfect, didnt even take long to reboot. appreciate your help. just an fyi mine is OC'd at the max 864 and running smooth ;)

Last edited:

shawnf1986

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Post says will wipe everything on install... this is my first time doing this but everything I had is still on here....but I know it worked because I can use setcpu now.. I'm confused about this

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Post says will wipe everything on install... this is my first time doing this but everything I had is still on here....but I know it worked because I can use setcpu now.. I'm confused about this

I've been making little tweaks as I go along. I probably forgot to set it up to wipe on the last update. I'll check it out when I get off of work.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been making little tweaks as I go along. I probably forgot to set it up to wipe on the last update. I'll check it out when I get off of work.

Decided that if it worked, might as well make the bug a feature. Rom no longer wipes on install. If you have problems after installing, wipe data.

guapinoy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
i'm still getting the same error after the refresh, redownload, and flash

E: Wrong digest: system/build.prop
E: Verification failed

shawnf1986

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Decided that if it worked, might as well make the bug a feature. Rom no longer wipes on install. If you have problems after installing, wipe data.

No problems after installing.. just didn't no what was goin on...my phone runs much better now... and since I have no need to overclock my phone temp has went down 7?f

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm still getting the same error after the refresh, redownload, and flash

E: Wrong digest: system/build.prop
E: Verification failed

Sorry for the delay. It appears that my dropbox was not syncing. I've deleted the zip and reuploaded it from scratch, and double checked the rom by flashing it to my phone, so if it doesn't work now... I don't know what the deal is.

santino405

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
i also tried flashing and it doesn't get past the LG splash screen, the first time i downloaded it i got an error downloaded again, and this time it finished with out erros, but now it doesn't boot.

darrenb1988

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the same two errors. The build error the first time around and now with the fresh download it gets stock on lg logo. Anyways can't wait to try a working version of your rom :). Really looking forward to oc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar