ARCHIVED: [ROM] Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldamon

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Superb ROM. No problems yet and it doesn't break any apps. Just add the Activate app back to the ROM. It's not bloat. ;)

Looking forward to your future releases.

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
help help HELP HELP.

phone said E:cant oprn /sdcard/clockwordmod/xionia-vm.zip
i dont know what to do

you are doing something wrong. Start over. Depending on where you're at, just pickup from where these instructions pertain to you...

Theres a few ways you can install that ROM...heres the way i did it... start here (only download the files at the bottom of the first post, dont follow the guide as ive taken part of the instructions from it already)
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...ustom-recovery-optimus-s-thunderc-sprint.html

The files the guide says to download put on the root of the SD card, and also unpack their contents into the root of the SD card as well (the unpacking is more important).

The first page of the "how to root the optimus v" has all the links to the stuff you really need but i included it without links in this writeup for you...

What You'll Need:
- Sun JDK
- The Android SDK, . Install this on the root of your computer so the path is C:/android. After you've installed the SDK, make sure it's up to date by launching the SDK Manager. This will be something like c:\android\SDK Manager.exe. It will ask you to update several things, but the only one that needs to be up to date is the SDK Platform for Android 2.2
- Drivers for the LG phone installed on your computer.
- SuperOneClick v1.6.3, which is available from xda-developers
- And the file I have attached to this post. Download it, unzip it, and put the 2 files inside in your android\platform-tools folder created from installing the SDK.

Step 1: Plug your phone into your PC with the USB cable.

Step 2: Make sure the phone is charge only (don't mount as USB drive) and USB debugging is enabled. Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > check mark USB debugging

Step 3: Run SuperOneClick.exe. Select the psneuter exploit on the right, and then click the Shell Root button. SuperOneClick will attempt to gain a temporary root for your phone. This may take several tries. Keep trying until you get a message that says "You phone has a Temp ADB Root". Leave this window open, do not reboot your phone, and[/SIZE]continue to step 4.

Step 4: ADB into your phone.

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak

# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img

# reboot recovery

Then once in recovery, wipe everything (cache, dalvik, whatever you want) then flash the Xionia-VM rom via "install zip from sd card". Done.

The other way would be using ROMTools.

1. Root
2. Install CWMA recovery via ROMTools (or another method)
3. Nandroid backup and/or Titanium Backup
4. Rename 'Xionia-VM' (or Rodimus or whatever rom you choose) to 'ROM' and place in 'rom' folder (in ROMTools)
5. Choose option #1 in ROMTools and wait until rebooted

Reactions: pspOPT

joe green

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
rom does not show up when i try to flash it, i tried putting it in a folder and doing it,when it opens it runs and then it stops and sais (bad). i also tried rom tools but that doesnt work either.

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
if you had to use superoneclick then your phone obviously was not rooted. The root on this phone is a temp root so if you restarted, it may appear to still be rooted but it isnt. Didnt seem like you were following the right steps at all, you sure you should be messing with the phone like this? Good luck with the rest of it though, i guess you're beyond the hard part.

stevetxbc

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
-- Installing: /sdcard/Xionia-VM.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create a working update zip packages.
Installation aborted.

what does this mean? Is this just telling me to type what's in the parentheses into the terminal on the phone? (updater-script and update-binary) then what, install update.zip from recovery? If so, is this safe? If I'm wrong please explain.

thanks!

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
-- Installing: /sdcard/Xionia-VM.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create a working update zip packages.
Installation aborted.

what does this mean? Is this just telling me to type what's in the parentheses into the terminal on the phone? (updater-script and update-binary) then what, install update.zip from recovery? If so, is this safe? If I'm wrong please explain.

thanks!

It means you are using the wrong recovery for this rom. Install and use this one instead: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

If you need help installing a recovery, use this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...3-1-ex-recoveryflasher-tons-new-features.html

Reactions: stevetxbc

stevetxbc

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey, thanks! now if i install this and something goes awry, will i still be able to pull up the backups i made using the clockwork recovery?

There shouldn't be issues unless you backed up an app2sd install. Even in that case, you can use this: [Recovery] Customized CWM 3.0.1.3 fake-flash with ext4 support (03/06/2011) - xda-developers

It is a "fake" flash of clockwork 3. You rename it update.zip. Put it on your microsd. When you need to partition, back up, or restore a CM7 rom, you simply use your own recovery and press "install update.zip". That will load you into the fake CWM 3 recovery where you can do all the tasks you want. When you reboot, your old recovery will still be there.

This will let you use the benefits of both of these recoveries.

Syntax357

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the android phone and this is my first post. This rom is great had no problem with root or flashing, its super fast and stable at 825. The only problem I have is I cannot connect usb in debug. If I plug in the usb cable and select debug I lose usb, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.