05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I have a newbie question....I was wondering if I would like to update my phone with the updated ROMS whats the best way to do this? Can I just flash over mine and not wipe anything? Do I need to reinstall everything? Do I just install the new zip or update? Thanks
    I hate doing this....BUMP..thx
    03-26-2011 12:10 PM
    Have you guys tried slideit keyboard? I like it better than swype.
    It looks nice but it has no Speech to Text from what I see.
    03-26-2011 12:17 PM
    It looks nice but it has no Speech to Text from what I see.
    It does have it, but you can disable it and replace it with a free hand writing thing.
    ashton4life likes this.
    03-26-2011 12:20 PM
    I hate doing this....BUMP..thx
    yea, you gotta erase everything off your phone.

What I did was make a Titanium Backup of everything, then once in the new ROM I installed Titanium Backup from the market first and restore individual apps+ data.

Make sure you don't restore any system settings from the old ROM into the new one.

Contact storage and SMS storage are where Contacts and old messages are, so that is fine to restore as well.

Ask if you got anymore questions.
    ashton4life likes this.
    03-26-2011 03:47 PM
    Works pretty good, does anyone know if there is a fix for the button on the headphones (stock- to pause music)?
    03-26-2011 08:28 PM
    His instructions say you do not have to wipe unless you want to. I have not tried it yet. I would prefer not to wipe everything if I didn't have to.
    03-26-2011 08:57 PM
    that incoming mms must be a tough task to handle. I'm not even on this rom and I think VM is screwing up my MMS texts
    03-27-2011 02:16 AM
    I just tried this build, and did a search for the voice button... but just wanted to note, that the voice button on the side of the phone is acting like the power button. I can't tell the phone to call anyone or say "Open clock" or anything like that. Was wondering if anyone had the same issue? Other then that this ROM kicks butt!
    03-27-2011 09:12 AM
    I just tried this build, and did a search for the voice button... but just wanted to note, that the voice button on the side of the phone is acting like the power button. I can't tell the phone to call anyone or say "Open clock" or anything like that. Was wondering if anyone had the same issue? Other then that this ROM kicks butt!
    It's not an "issue". It's just how the voice key is mapped in this ROM. It's like that for everyone.
    goetting likes this.
    03-27-2011 10:53 AM
    yea, you gotta erase everything off your phone.

What I did was make a Titanium Backup of everything, then once in the new ROM I installed Titanium Backup from the market first and restore individual apps+ data.

Make sure you don't restore any system settings from the old ROM into the new one.

Contact storage and SMS storage are where Contacts and old messages are, so that is fine to restore as well.

Ask if you got anymore questions.

sorry, thought you were talking about coming from stock.
    03-27-2011 02:37 PM
    Just download "Voice Search" from the market and set it as an icon on the home screen. I prefer that to the button.
    03-27-2011 03:06 PM
    is wipe needed for every update?
    03-27-2011 03:20 PM
    For those wanting to change the button mapping, the button is number 216, I believe (mapped as an end call button). You can set it as a search button, and then have it set to run voice search when you long press it.

You can set that by:
    1: Remapping the button using the app found on xda.
    2: Press the button to open up search.
    3: Long pressing the button, and selecting "voice search" as the default app to open.

A always, before making changes such as this, it's important to make backups before you change.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    mysticalnyte likes this.
    03-27-2011 07:19 PM
    What app is that you speak of for remapping buttons?

I was reluctant to try this ROM with the complaints of bad battery life, but I'm glad I did... Gingerbread is so much nicer than any of the 2.2 ROMs I tried. I dont see myself going back...
    03-27-2011 09:12 PM
    What app is that you speak of for remapping buttons?

I was reluctant to try this ROM with the complaints of bad battery life, but I'm glad I did... Gingerbread is so much nicer than any of the 2.2 ROMs I tried. I dont see myself going back...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850464

It can be found on the OP of that thread. I used the first download to find out which button to change. You have to long press the button to get the button number.

JerryScript likes this.
    03-27-2011 09:23 PM
    Any other way to recieve mms? as in change the address to recieve into email or somewhere else i can recieve them? idc about sending, just recieving! thanks in advance.
    03-27-2011 09:54 PM
    delete
    03-27-2011 10:23 PM
    After using this ROM for a few days, the only complaints i have are that the stock headset button doesnt pause the music player, didnt know how much i used this until it didnt work anymore.
    You can remap the button to the media player using the instructions in this thread. Download the buttonremapper apk from the provided links, and remap button 216 to the media player. Click apply and your phone will do a soft reboot (takes about 20 seconds), and your set.
    03-28-2011 05:51 AM
    After using this ROM for a few days, the only complaints i have are that the stock headset button doesnt pause the music player, didnt know how much i used this until it didnt work anymore.

also for the life of me i can NOT disable the cyanogen lock screen....

i usually have my phone set up with JUST a pin number lock, that i toggle with a widget, so when im home i can turn off my screen and not have to unlock it everytime. and when im else where i can turn on the lock.

now, when the lock is off, the phone turns on normally, but when the lock is on, both my PIN lock AND the cyanogen lock come up. best i could do was disable the slider and use the menu button to skip that screen and go straight to entering my pin.

but i should not be forced to use a lock screen. i should be able to choose.

any one know how to truly disable it?
    You can use the program call "NoLock" on the market. I use it and like it. It works well.
    03-28-2011 07:38 AM
    19h 18m 21s on battery with this release... I'm impressed.
    03-28-2011 11:06 AM
    delete
    03-28-2011 05:13 PM
    I'm a total noob. I flashed this ROM following instructions in the Wiki. It worked and the new ROM was working great the first boot, but now I'm stuck at the Android boot screen after the 2nd boot. Any help?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I pulled the battery and booted into recovery. I then did a factory reset and that seems to have fixed it.
    03-29-2011 09:02 PM
    Let it run and hit the search button or something... It's a bug with the rom

03-29-2011 09:07 PM
    In the interest of not messing up a sweet ROM install, how do I get the regular gingerbread launcher back - Zeam is fast but I prefer the stock 2.3.3 launcher... I see some gingerbread launchers in the market but they say they are for 2.2 so I didn't venture down that route....

Oh, and awesome job on the ROM - only CM7 so far that I have stuck with on either the optimus S or V. Top notch.
    03-30-2011 03:59 PM
    Hello, Does this new updated 20110326 Rom have MMS working now? In Romrepo it's marked as yes. Can anyone confirm?
    03-30-2011 11:03 PM
1,740 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD