05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    This has been addressed so many times.
    Posting you need a rom god to get it working might make you feel better, but in reality its just filling the thread with more drivel.

First off the way Virgin sends mms is almost at pentagon encryption levels. Some of the best devs have took a crack at it and walked away scratching their heads. Its a very proprietary method and nobody wants to spend the amount of time required.
    Second if you need mms soooooooooooo bad the best bet is to go back to a stock rom. Otherwise tell people to email you the pictures and funny messages at your email. It is pretty much the only way right now.
    my mms works...just have friends that send a lot of 9999999999s .
    Eoillie is right. VM messed with vanilla android code and baked in MMS settings to decrypt in framework. Would take a full time code banger to get it right. Unfortunately...while Optimus has great devs....none on the GB mms VM fix payroll. Find more info here: Mind crunching MMS stuff

I prefer no mms....saves embarrassment from the morning after the bar
    04-03-2011 07:18 AM
    i have a question. so far i loving both roms ZCM7 and AOSP CM7 too but i prefer to have stable rom so do you know where to get Gingerbread blue keyboard?
    You can find them here: Let me google that for you

04-03-2011 07:23 AM
    my mms works...just have friends that send a lot of 9999999999s .
    Eoillie is right. VM messed with vanilla android code and baked in MMS settings to decrypt in framework. Would take a full time code banger to get it right. Unfortunately...while Optimus has great devs....none on the GB mms VM fix payroll. Find more info here: Mind crunching MMS stuff

I prefer no mms....saves embarrassment from the morning after the bar
    O.o but the people that watched you make out with the ugly chick have already uploaded the pics to morningafter.com lol.
    04-03-2011 12:04 PM
    This has been addressed so many times.
    Posting you need a rom god to get it working might make you feel better, but in reality its just filling the thread with more drivel.

First off the way Virgin sends mms is almost at pentagon encryption levels. Some of the best devs have took a crack at it and walked away scratching their heads. Its a very proprietary method and nobody wants to spend the amount of time required.
    Second if you need mms soooooooooooo bad the best bet is to go back to a stock rom. Otherwise tell people to email you the pictures and funny messages at your email. It is pretty much the only way right now.
    Hopen maybe some VM Dev God sees the post and acts on it. I think it's better to keep the conversation in view, maybe the right person will see it. I knew about all the issues with the MMS and my options. It's cool that you explain it again. Like I said we might get lucky, who knows. I knew it was a shot in the dark bro, no worries ok.
    04-03-2011 02:12 PM
    Hey forgot ask, what would be the best way to find out what causes my phone to slow down. Let me explain. When I first start the phone it runs great, super fast. After a few hours and some use it seems to slow down significantly, 4-5 sec rotation lag and my camera takes a while to start, etc. What would be the best way to find out what process is causing this. In Windows I could shut down processes. What do I do here? Should I go into Manage Applications and shut off apps in the "ALL" tab one by one? I havent tried this yet but does anyone have any suggestions on this? Thx
    04-03-2011 02:29 PM
    Hey forgot ask, what would be the best way to find out what causes my phone to slow down. Let me explain. When I first start the phone it runs great, super fast. After a few hours and some use it seems to slow down significantly, 4-5 sec rotation lag and my camera takes a while to start, etc. What would be the best way to find out what process is causing this. In Windows I could shut down processes. What do I do here? Should I go into Manage Applications and shut off apps in the "ALL" tab one by one? I havent tried this yet but does anyone have any suggestions on this? Thx
    Check your running apps.
    Normally there is one that is thieving processor time.
    04-03-2011 03:06 PM
    Check your running apps.
    Normally there is one that is thieving processor time.
    Eollie no bro, I shut all availible running apps off and the Rotation stays slow. It seems to me that it's something else. It's like a 2-3 delay in most cases, sometimes longer. Whats weird is, right after reboot its just about instant rotation. Must be an app that wigs it out a little while after reboot then it stays that way. I can live with it. Love the ROM still and everything else flys. I guess since it runs so good I'm getting too picky. LOL . You have an S or a V?
    04-03-2011 04:24 PM
    I found a bug that may have not been noted yet. After rebooting I noticed that both the android and the Swype keyboards are check marked in the keyboard settings menu. This causes Swype to stop working until you choses it again after holding down the write feild and chosing Swype. It seems like it keeps putting Android as the default keyboard after each reboot. Hopefully it will be fixed on the next version.

Also Bluetooth file transfer only works to send, cannot recieve. And cannot pair with PC due to wrong passkeys codes.
    04-03-2011 05:11 PM
    Yep... the swype part has been well noted before, at least in other forums and swypes website, but that won't be fixed because of licensing issues.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    ashton4life likes this.
    04-03-2011 10:00 PM
    According to the devs at Swype, you need to keep Swype on the phone's internal memory, and not on the sdcard. As an input method, it must always be available to the OS, otherwise the OS will look for another input method. This will keep Swype as your default until reboot.

At reboot, the default Android keyboard is enabled, and this is due to Swype being beta software at this time.

Note-this only applies to the Swype Beta, not the pre-installed Swype
    ashton4life likes this.
    04-03-2011 10:29 PM
    I know that most things do work with aospCMod but what doesn't work besides mms? I want to make the switch but I need to be sure that I won't lose any main features.
    04-03-2011 11:40 PM
    According to the devs at Swype, you need to keep Swype on the phone's internal memory, and not on the sdcard. As an input method, it must always be available to the OS, otherwise the OS will look for another input method. This will keep Swype as your default until reboot.

At reboot, the default Android keyboard is enabled, and this is due to Swype being beta software at this time.

Note-this only applies to the Swype Beta, not the pre-installed Swype
    This is something i've been wondering about for a long time. What's the real difference between pre-installed swype and the beta swype? Anyone?
    04-04-2011 01:07 AM
    New build (04.03) up on xda. Thought folks should have a heads-up.
    04-04-2011 02:13 AM
    In the new build, I can't install anything from the market. "Package invalid"
    04-04-2011 02:41 AM
    delete
    04-04-2011 04:07 AM
    update in OP. leaner meaner faster stronger.

Incoming MMS has been pinned down to exact problem. aosp and claudia c are hard at work!
    ashton4life likes this.
    04-04-2011 06:28 AM
    on the last build my headset still did not work. I could hear on a call but no one can hear me.
    04-04-2011 06:37 AM
    update in OP. leaner meaner faster stronger.

Incoming MMS has been pinned down to exact problem. aosp and claudia c are hard at work!
    That sound encouraging. I figured we never see Incoming MMS on 2.3 until a official rom was released. Good news!
    04-04-2011 07:15 AM
    will we get a change log when the mms is fixed?
    04-04-2011 09:00 AM
    Aosp and claudia, thank you!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    ashton4life likes this.
    04-04-2011 09:45 AM
    Anyone tried it yet? Any noticeable change in performance or battery life?
    04-04-2011 10:20 AM
    how did you install it?

i wiped everything and all the caches and installed it fresh with the new gapps.zip thats also up there. i have no problems, installed everything from the market.

this rom feels a bit smoother but i bet nothing major has been changed or it would have been noted more right?
    I install it like I always do. Wipe factory data, wipe cache partition, and the dalvik cache. I did flash the current gapps, twice because it gave me that error, but it still didn't work after that.
    04-04-2011 10:35 AM
    anyone else have an issue talking using this rom and the headset that comes with the optimus v?
    04-04-2011 11:25 AM
    Just in with this rom, headset issues remain, though wifi hotspot now works with Quick Settings
    04-04-2011 01:05 PM
    So where do I find the update changes? ROMrepo.com doesnt show anything.
    04-04-2011 07:30 PM
1,740 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD