05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Is anyone else having problems with downloading and installing market apps after the update to the latest ROM version? I reflashed the latest version of the GoogleApps.zip during the install process, but no beans... Is my SD card borked? Maybe there's a step I missed. Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS!
    04-16-2011 10:28 PM
    delete
    04-16-2011 11:19 PM
    I would like to say thank you for all the efforts and accomplishments on these Roms. This last one is fantastic that you were able to get MMS working. Many thought it could not be done but you (all) did it. I say all since I dont know if it was more then one person that did it. Great Rom and I really appreciate it! Keep worken on it!!!! BT next!

Thanks!!!!!
    04-17-2011 12:31 AM
    I've never put a custom ROM on my phone, I was waiting for the MMS to get fixed. I'll probably give it a shot tomorrow.
    04-17-2011 12:40 AM
    Before i had this update of aosp. Most of the time i wouldn't even be able to send a mms, just keep saying sending over and over. then i got this today and i could send, it would take like 10-15 seconds. now i can't send at all. No wifi is not on. Yes data is on (3g)
    any idea guys? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-17-2011 01:35 AM
    Does anyone else have the issue where the bottom right side voice button or camera button puts the device to sleep?
    04-17-2011 01:59 AM
    I just stayed up all night and installed it on my phone! Seems to be working fine! I'll play with it more tomorrow! Thanks for this awesome ROM!
    04-17-2011 02:35 AM
    Anyone having issues with Swype not working? After i slide through the word, the area around they keyboard flashes(yellow?) and the word is not inputted.
    04-17-2011 12:53 PM
    Anybody else having the horrendous battery problems that i'm having? I'm having it with Every single ROM! And I was told this ROM is the only ROM without the TWS bug, but my phone keeps dying after about 6 hours of use. I also have an Optimus S, and it gets about 14 hours a day, and that's under heavy to moderate usage, I also have the most recent version of Zefie's CM7 on the Optimus S so WTF? Any clues?
    04-17-2011 01:02 PM
    Anyone having issues with Swype not working? After i slide through the word, the area around they keyboard flashes(yellow?) and the word is not inputted.
    Mine does the same thing but blue, not that the color seems to matter. I uninstalled swype and reinstalled and worked for a bit then back to that issue. I guess I'll just have to unspoil myself lol. Swype made texting while driving very easy...yes I know it's not legal anymore and is dangerous.

I guess now I'll try Better Keyboard or one of those that is skinable and see how I like those.
    04-17-2011 02:08 PM
    Anybody else having the horrendous battery problems that i'm having? I'm having it with Every single ROM! And I was told this ROM is the only ROM without the TWS bug, but my phone keeps dying after about 6 hours of use. I also have an Optimus S, and it gets about 14 hours a day, and that's under heavy to moderate usage, I also have the most recent version of Zefie's CM7 on the Optimus S so WTF? Any clues?
    Check other people's set ups here:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...rag-about.html
    and here:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...-part-2-a.html
    04-17-2011 02:13 PM
    Before i had this update of aosp. Most of the time i wouldn't even be able to send a mms, just keep saying sending over and over. then i got this today and i could send, it would take like 10-15 seconds. now i can't send at all. No wifi is not on. Yes data is on (3g)
    any idea guys? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Initially this happened to me. And it happened when I changed the theme.
    A quick reboot and everything works fine.
    SO make sure after changing themes or anything of that nature to reboot the phone.

Aside, in all previous incarnations of this rom and Zefies Ive been able to use the fix permission from the recovery menu. It caused a major boot loop and freeze on this release. I havent went inside rom manager yet as I really dont wanna restore again lol. I guess Ill do a backup and try it later.
    04-17-2011 05:54 PM
    Mine does the same thing but blue, not that the color seems to matter. I uninstalled swype and reinstalled and worked for a bit then back to that issue. I guess I'll just have to unspoil myself lol. Swype made texting while driving very easy...yes I know it's not legal anymore and is dangerous.

I guess now I'll try Better Keyboard or one of those that is skinable and see how I like those.
    I had this happen the first time i got onto a custom rom, it was fixed when i held my finger on the box to type, chose input, chose the android keyboard and then back to swype. Lately though i have been using the regular keyboard because i have to do that everytime i reboot to get swype to work properly.
    04-17-2011 06:32 PM
    Damn!! I can't believe the mms issue is actually fixed!! Amazing work and thanks!!
    04-17-2011 07:04 PM
    Anyone having issues with 3G on this ROM? My 3G does not connect anymore; 'mobile network state' is stuck in disconnected. This is similar to when I flashed the sprint froyo on my intercept and lost 3g.
    04-17-2011 08:12 PM
    Anyone having issues with 3G on this ROM? My 3G does not connect anymore; 'mobile network state' is stuck in disconnected. This is similar to when I flashed the sprint froyo on my intercept and lost 3g.
    The network is down at the moment.
    04-17-2011 08:16 PM
    The network is down at the moment.
    Thanks for the prompt response. I was thinking maybe I need to charge the battery and go back to my stock nandroid backup. Talked me back off the ledge
    04-17-2011 08:22 PM
    Does anyone else have the issue where the bottom right side voice button or camera button puts the device to sleep?
    Nope works like it should for me, the only difference is that it doesnt vibrate when completely pressed on the second level. The camera turns on much faster too.
    04-17-2011 08:23 PM

After I completely installed the Beta of Swype via their website as I did, I just hold down on the field I want to write on until it gives you the input option then I chose Android then I do it again and chose Swype and it works fine after. You have to do that after every reboot to make it work. Its a bug I guess.
    04-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Originally Posted by antgly
    I have the same issue.
    04-17-2011 08:43 PM
    Oh cool, ty very much
    04-17-2011 08:55 PM
    I have the same issue.
    I think this is how the button is mapped. The voice button is mapped as an additional power button.
    04-17-2011 08:55 PM
    There are a couple of issues being asked about over and over, let's try to clear them up:

1- Swype not active after reboot.
    This is because it is a beta, and as such is not incorporated into your framework.
    If you have it installed on your SDCard, then every time you do anything that
    remounts your SDCard, you will have to re-enable Swype. Being an input method,
    it MUST be available at all times, which is why you have to re-enbable it.

2- Battery usage is poorer
    This is harder to nail down. If you didn't wipe all caches when installing, you should.
    If you are experiencing dramatic battery drains, check your settings to see which app is draining it.
    If you have had any apps FC (force close), they may not have closed their services.

3- Buttons not mapped correctly
    This has been mentioned at least 50 times in various threads. It is a simple fix, takes 5 minutes total.
    For the voice search button acting like a power button, download ButtonRemapper from the market,
    then remap button 216 to whatever you like. If you map it to the search button, then you can also
    use it for long presses to activate a different app/feature. Mine activates VoiceActivations(sp) and Search(lp)

The Swype info is from the Swype Beta Forums.

When I installed this ROM, I had an issue on the second day where my camera wouldn't start. About an hour later, I was trying to get it to work again, and noticed my battery had drained by 50% in that one hour. I went back into recovery, wiped caches again, rebooted, and waited a good 5 minutes after reboot to insure everything started right. Since then, I have had zero battery issues, and I get 26-34 hours usage depending upon how much I use it and what apps I use.
    04-17-2011 10:03 PM
    this is my first try and so far the flashing went ok from what i can see but i hava few problems

1:overclocking really dose not work i crash a lot lol @787 and above i would like to go higher

2:my camera works but as soon as i take a pic or start to record video it gets laggy then i get a force quit its pissing me off i take a lot of pics

should i jusr relflash to see if it fixes the problem ... ?
    and if do reflash how would i go about doing so just go into recovery then flash again .?
    04-18-2011 12:44 PM
    this is my first try and so far the flashing went ok from what i can see but i hava few problems

1:overclocking really dose not work i crash a lot lol @787 and above i would like to go higher

2:my camera works but as soon as i take a pic or start to record video it gets laggy then i get a force quit its pissing me off i take a lot of pics

should i jusr relflash to see if it fixes the problem ... ?
    and if do reflash how would i go about doing so just go into recovery then flash again .?
    Yes go back into recovery and do a wipe and re-flash (if it makes you fell better)

But that will not fix your overclock - some phones have a higher ceiling then others so don't get your hopes up.
    04-18-2011 01:11 PM
1,740 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD