05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Couple questions.

1. The button remapper software I installed doesn't work (freezes phone). Which app are you guys using, and what key should I remap? The long press search doesn't pull up voice search. Right now, it pulls up the messaging ap.

2. Are there any Circle Battery Mod's for this rom?

3. Where can I find other Metamorphs, or themes? (I see there is a theme manager in this rom)

4. Is there a mod to put always have the date on the top left corner

5. Can I remove the standard launcher and use launcher pro? (I was thinking of renameing launcher.apk to .backup or something.. is that OK?)

Thanks
    04-18-2011 04:20 PM
    Couple questions.

1. The button remapper software I installed doesn't work (freezes phone). Which app are you guys using, and what key should I remap? The long press search doesn't pull up voice search. Right now, it pulls up the messaging ap.
    Cant help ya there having same problem.

3. Where can I find other Metamorphs, or themes? (I see there is a theme manager in this rom)
    Check out this thread.
    Themes for Optimus One - UPDATED WITH CM7 THEMES ! - xda-developers

5. Can I remove the standard launcher and use launcher pro? (I was thinking of renameing launcher.apk to .backup or something.. is that OK?)

Thanks
    You can use any launcher you want. Just make it the default after installing and hitting the home button and the pop-up asking what you want to use for this task.
    04-18-2011 04:25 PM
    Any chance of getting this ROM (and phone, actually) supported on ROM Tools?

It'd make a HUUUUUGE difference, in my opinion!
    04-18-2011 05:50 PM

...what in the hell are you talking about? It already works with ROMTools.
    04-18-2011 06:37 PM

lol What? ROMtools works and has been working for me since I bought the phone! Are you new here? If you are, then do some research before you do anything to your V. Peace~
    04-18-2011 06:59 PM
    Couple questions.

Thanks
    1- The app I use is "Button Remapper" in the market.

2- There are lots of circle mods, but most require a deodexed ROM, and CM7 isn't yet.

3- Do a Google search for ADW Launcher themes

4- Not that I know of, but I'm certain it exists

5- You can use any launcher you like, just install it, and then reboot, and when you press the home key, you will be given options which launcher to use.
    04-18-2011 07:08 PM
    quick question. I am curious as to how much internal memory is left after a fresh install of this rom?
    thanks

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-18-2011 09:01 PM
    It's around 170mb. I installed a few apps and some are obviously on SD card by default but I still have 150mb left.

I have not been able to send MMS yet using this ROM though. I think I am the only one who has the problem so maybe it's some setting I disabled.
    04-18-2011 09:32 PM
    So i just installed..fixed one issue...seems the clock on the taskbar is wrong, but when I open clock it has the right time?
    04-18-2011 09:50 PM
    Yes go back into recovery and do a wipe and re-flash (if it makes you fell better)

But that will not fix your overclock - some phones have a higher ceiling then others so don't get your hopes up.
    ok thanks i know it wont fix the over clocking when i asked that i was thinking more of fixing my problem w the camera but i figured out why it would crash it is because i was overclocked lol if i am overclocked the phone restarts but now im not in the mood to o.c anymore
    04-18-2011 10:43 PM
    Is anyone running fancy widget pro with this rom? When I turn to landscape, the mins and hours overlap. Any one else run into this? Anything I can do to fix it? Also, facebook keeps force-closing.

Edit: Downloaded adw and fixed the widget. Facebook still is force closing when I try to check my messages. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
    04-19-2011 12:55 AM
    WOOT WOOT! So Glad MMS is fixed. This is one COOL rom. I love it! Btw, I just wanted to know, if this phone supports multi-touch? Like for Tap Tap?
    04-19-2011 06:14 AM
    Are the Camera zoom, sound in video, and blue tooth being worked on?
    04-19-2011 10:18 AM
    lol What? ROMtools works and has been working for me since I bought the phone! Are you new here? If you are, then do some research before you do anything to your V. Peace~
    Derp. Sorry! I said ROMTools, but I meant ROM Manager.

There's no option in ROM Manager for any version of the Optimus, despite the fact that we have a compatible version of CWMod
    04-19-2011 04:36 PM
    Anyone else's 3G is not working?
    04-19-2011 07:40 PM
    Derp. Sorry! I said ROMTools, but I meant ROM Manager.

There's no option in ROM Manager for any version of the Optimus, despite the fact that we have a compatible version of CWMod
    Compatible and supported is two totally different things.

Koush has stated many times it is up to the dev community to submit the code to the servers and request to have the device added.

If you look at the list of devices supported by RM it is very small.
    Just part of the game.
    04-19-2011 07:51 PM
    Compatible and supported is two totally different things.

Koush has stated many times it is up to the dev community to submit the code to the servers and request to have the device added.

If you look at the list of devices supported by RM it is very small.
    Just part of the game.
    Rrrrrright... And my initial question was if we couldn't try to make that happen... `-`a

It got a little sidetracked when I said ROM Tools instead of ROM Manager, you see...
    04-20-2011 12:46 AM
    i can use the debugging zip file that zephie provides with this rom also correct? instead of doing the cmd's?
    04-20-2011 03:44 AM
    i can use the debugging zip file that zephie provides with this rom also correct? instead of doing the cmd's?
    It depends on what recovery you are using.
    Personally doing the commands is better because you know for a fact they are done.
    And your not relying on some script to execute the commands.

@RaeFlynne I was just stating the facts of how Clockwork/Rom manager is. There was some drama with Koush a while back and people was trying to rip on him because something was taken out of context. It is pretty simple to get RM and CWM to support if you can get the group of devs to approach him. They guy is more than happy to add any device that has a community that is just googoo over it. However at once support is added its up to the device community to maintain things and I think that is what holds back many devices.
    04-20-2011 05:49 AM
    It depends on what recovery you are using.
    Personally doing the commands is better because you know for a fact they are done.
    And your not relying on some script to execute the commands.
    im using clockworkmod. i flashed my rom from cm7 to aospcmod and everything seems to working fine. what should i look out for?
    04-20-2011 07:10 AM
    Hi, I like flash my stock rom to aospcmod, What's simply method for newbie? Can anyone provide step to step from recovery to flash. Also, on first post there are the diff rom, what's diff on each of them?
    04-20-2011 09:22 AM
    Hi, I like flash my stock rom to aospcmod, What's simply method for newbie? Can anyone provide step to step from recovery to flash. Also, on first post there are the diff rom, what's diff on each of them?
    ROMTools, it doesn't get any easier than that.
    04-20-2011 09:26 AM
    Anyone else having issues with the Facebook app FCing when you try to go to anything other than news feed?
    04-20-2011 09:30 AM
    ok, first off you need to creat a custom recover, if your rooted, download terminal emulator. second find the newest img. of clockworkmod. just download it, put it on your sd card, then using emulator type the cmd's :

su
    flash_image recover /sdcard/"image name" (without quotes)
    reboot recovery

next youll need to make a back up.
    after the back up is complete go ahead and download the two files (from aosp thread,you dont need the cwmod since you already downloaded it if your doing this in the order i stated)and put them onto your sd card
    next youll need to download the debug file from zephies current cm7 thread and throw that on your sdcard
    install the debug file(with clockwork mod), wipe data/factory reset, go to advanced wipe dalvick cache, then wipe battery stats, then install the aospcmod file.then install gapps, then reboot... should work
    if not let me know.
    04-20-2011 09:44 AM
    Anyone else having issues with the Facebook app FCing when you try to go to anything other than news feed?
    of course. last update messed the whole app up. they need to fix it asap
    04-20-2011 09:51 AM
1,740 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD