05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 12345 ...
tools
    Yeah wireless tether native is borked. Download wireless tether from the market, that works. Not sure about headset as I don't use one. There is another build coming aosp said though. Hopefully fixes up some things.
    Yeah I'm running wireless tether now. For a first build for our phones, it works pretty good. Any news on a new build?
    02-23-2011 05:31 PM
    Yeah I'm running wireless tether now. For a first build for our phones, it works pretty good. Any news on a new build?
    he just put out a new build for the heroC. hopefully it's V's turn soon
    02-24-2011 12:45 PM
    Thanks to everyone who helped me get gingerbread up and running on my optimus V.

I have a question regarding the programming menu. ##847446# doesn't seem to work any more. Is there a different number to dial now?

My phone number got updated and I have to update it on the phone. Do I have to go to the stock rom to do this? I know I'm reeking noob all over, can someone guide me?
    02-25-2011 09:27 AM
    The ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.6 is nice. If you're unfamiliar with it, it requires Edify only scripting. So all older scripting (Amend) will not work.
    Is there an Edify only version of the following file (needed to format /system fully)? It's called "Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip" and is available at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21349886/Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip (and to give credit, comes from the zephie/icemank thread on xionia on Optimus V).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    02-25-2011 04:31 PM
    Is there an Edify only version of the following file (needed to format /system fully)? It's called "Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip" and is available at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21349886/Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip (and to give credit, comes from the zephie/icemank thread on xionia on Optimus V).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    dinlaca, all that does if format the system partition. If you flashed the clockworkmod 3.0.0.6 recovery just go into Mounts and format system.

CWM3 isn't required to flash this rom, just recommended
    02-25-2011 05:07 PM
    Any idea why I get "E: Can't open /sdcard/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip (bad) Installation aborted." when I try to install gapps with clockwork? Already checked and the md5 matches.
    02-25-2011 07:24 PM
    So what kind of changes are in this new build? I dont see any info anywhere yet. MMS working?
    HatMaker likes this.
    02-25-2011 08:00 PM
    Any idea why I get "E: Can't open /sdcard/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip (bad) Installation aborted." when I try to install gapps with clockwork? Already checked and the md5 matches.
    Not sure, you could try to reflash the recovery. Can you get a logcat or error log from cwm (in advanced)
    02-28-2011 06:38 AM
    So what kind of changes are in this new build? I dont see any info anywhere yet. MMS working?
    aosp is still working with mms. Incoming is still borked for the time being. Knowing him though he will get it eventually
    02-28-2011 06:52 AM
    So aside from MMS and texting not working 100%, this looks to be moving along pretty well... Those are some nice stats there on the first page...
    02-28-2011 10:05 AM
    Thanks to everyone who helped me get gingerbread up and running on my optimus V.

I have a question regarding the programming menu. ##847446# doesn't seem to work any more. Is there a different number to dial now?

My phone number got updated and I have to update it on the phone. Do I have to go to the stock rom to do this? I know I'm reeking noob all over, can someone guide me?
    for anyone interested, I had to reflash the recovery and install the stock rom (downloaded from this forum). after this step, phone activation and other things like ##847446# worked fine.
    02-28-2011 11:08 AM
    So aside from MMS and texting not working 100%, this looks to be moving along pretty well... Those are some nice stats there on the first page...
    yeah. I can't believe he got it that high. I've only broke 1300 with data2ext.
    02-28-2011 11:28 AM
    Awesome work on the roms...does anyone know the headset bug is fixed in this release?

Cheers
    02-28-2011 12:57 PM
    Idk about you guys, but battery life still seems iffy to me. While idle screen-off my phone lost about 20% in about 1.5hrs.
    02-28-2011 03:33 PM
    do you use setcpu?
    02-28-2011 03:55 PM
    Ok so I updated to 227 lost ability to connect to internet period. NO wifi connection, no 3g connection at all.

In 225 Im having issues getting hte wifi tethering to work properly. Im using the wireless tethering app from the app store. My laptop see and connects but after like 10 seconds it times out and I cant access any pages.

Like others Im not smart enough topost on xda because of the ******ed have to have 10 posts to post in a dev thread rule. And I refuse to spam the board to get my ten posts.

I made the move from a droid x to the optimus because of the ease of roming it. And I was tired of paying 100 bucks a month to verizon. It took me a minute to understand how to rom this phone but after reading for two or three days I felt comfortable and everything loaded first try and no issues.
    02-28-2011 04:51 PM
    Pretty much, no. It is installed to change speed on demand. But others have reported that use without SetCPU has yielded great battery life. I guess setting it to Interactive is good enough.

With the initial release I did have SetCPU with various profiles enabled with battery life in mind. But it still lost significant battery life. And I'm sure I wasn't released by the "Time without a signal" bug.
    02-28-2011 04:54 PM
    Ok so I updated to 227 lost ability to connect to internet period. NO wifi connection, no 3g connection at all.
    Did you remember to wipe cache/dalvik cache and format system/data/and cache? i forgot to wipe the dalvik partition under advanced and it messed up my ability to connect to the market. Dunno if that might help. It seems like any time ive had trouble with flashing a rom it was related to forgetting to wipe something.
    02-28-2011 06:39 PM
    why does this not seem to be as snappy as 2.2? Is it because it is a WIP or because the CPU on the Optimus is too slow?
    Also, is there a way to show battery percent?
    02-28-2011 08:49 PM
    Idk about you guys, but battery life still seems iffy to me. While idle screen-off my phone lost about 20% in about 1.5hrs.
    In recovery, go into advanced and wipe battery stats, you may be getting a false reading.

why does this not seem to be as snappy as 2.2? Is it because it is a WIP or because the CPU on the Optimus is too slow?
    Also, is there a way to show battery percent?
    It was pretty snappy on mine, especially overclocked.
    02-28-2011 09:28 PM
    i cant do anything usb when the phone is booted now, when i try to turn on usb storage it keeps crashing, but it dosent say it crashed, it pretends it worked and went back to the homescreen, unplugging usb makes it reboot itself, using lastest rom as of yesterday
    03-01-2011 01:53 AM
    Is MMS fixed with this latest version? Just curious before I flash over from zefie/icemank's ROM.
    03-01-2011 02:52 AM
    Did you remember to wipe cache/dalvik cache and format system/data/and cache? i forgot to wipe the dalvik partition under advanced and it messed up my ability to connect to the market. Dunno if that might help. It seems like any time ive had trouble with flashing a rom it was related to forgetting to wipe something.
    The only thing I didnt wipe was data. It says on the wiki you dont have to.

I might try again tomorrow to update to 227. I HAVE to have BT connectivity as my phone is also my mp3 player. Plus pandora in my truck is awesome heh.
    03-01-2011 03:36 AM
    Battery life still drains quickly. 100% down to 79% in fours hours just on idle while I'm asleep. Battery calibrated, batt stats wiped. No difference.
    03-01-2011 08:00 AM
    Is MMS fixed with this latest version? Just curious before I flash over from zefie/icemank's ROM.
    Nope. I'm sticking with ice/z's for now. Says Virgin Mobile instead of Virgin. I like that. And has the stock launcher.
    03-01-2011 09:44 AM
1,740 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD