05-01-2012 01:03 AM
1,740 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    Maybe they're working on 2.3.4 AOSP and a new thread will be started?
    05-04-2011 03:56 PM
    Maybe they're working on 2.3.4 AOSP and a new thread will be started?
    2.3.4 requires kernel updates. Aosp has said in the irc room he is working on it. 2.3.4 fixes bugs adds more features. Thread will be the same because I'm lazy. Updates will always be on his twitter ill try to repost asap here.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    keystonep1mz likes this.
    05-04-2011 04:42 PM
    can roms like these affect call quality?
    05-04-2011 05:24 PM
    can roms like these affect call quality?
    The most accurate answer is possibly.
    Reality is likely not, however there is a chance your hardware has a slight difference that causes a issue with the rom.
    keystonep1mz likes this.
    05-04-2011 05:30 PM
    I see first page picture shows 97 percentage on battery, How can i do it?
    05-04-2011 06:34 PM
    I see first page picture shows 97 percentage on battery, How can i do it?
    settings>cyanogenmod settings>interface>status bar tweaks>batter percentage
    05-04-2011 06:39 PM
    Hey everybody. aosp needs our help. If there is an OTA on stock Optimus V...(yeah you'd have to run stock :\ ....or maybe you have wife that runs stock ) could someone post the .img's of a nandroid? He's updating the kernel to support 2.3.4 but updated libs from LG/VM would help a lot. With that said hopefully someone can help out. .39 Kernel is in the works from what hes said.
    05-05-2011 07:05 AM
    I'll keep an eye out for the OTA and see if i cant get something going soon.
    05-05-2011 01:05 PM
    Hey everybody. aosp needs our help. If there is an OTA on stock Optimus V...(yeah you'd have to run stock :\ ....or maybe you have wife that runs stock ) could someone post the .img's of a nandroid? He's updating the kernel to support 2.3.4 but updated libs from LG/VM would help a lot. With that said hopefully someone can help out. .39 Kernel is in the works from what hes said.
    Try asking the dev for GrooVeIP (thread in this forum), they just purchased a new V, so they may be able to help with pulling stock files.
    05-05-2011 01:14 PM
    Anyone know the name of the app that comes pre-installed in this rom that handles file management? I think it's called "Folder" within the rom...I'm trying some other rom right now but want that to be my default file manager.
    05-05-2011 06:27 PM
    Anyone know the name of the app that comes pre-installed in this rom that handles file management? I think it's called "Folder" within the rom...I'm trying some other rom right now but want that to be my default file manager.
    I think it is OI File manager

https://market.android.com/details?i...ts.filemanager
    easyguy likes this.
    05-05-2011 06:38 PM

You are the man!

Thanks.
    05-05-2011 06:47 PM
    now i can use wireless hotspot without any problem.
    lightning speed.
    awesome.
    thanks a lot.
    05-05-2011 10:59 PM
    So here is a weird issue, incoming calls don't always come though. My phone starts vibrating and doesn't stop, I have to reboot for it to stop, and I eventually get a voicemail notification. Nothing in my call logs either.
    05-06-2011 03:08 PM
    So here is a weird issue, incoming calls don't always come though. My phone starts vibrating and doesn't stop, I have to reboot for it to stop, and I eventually get a voicemail notification. Nothing in my call logs either.
    Wipe and reflash
    05-06-2011 04:46 PM
    Hi, i just discovered this rom and its great, only problem i am haveing is that its very choppy. i did a full facotory reset and wiped the davlivk. what else can i do.?
    05-07-2011 05:17 PM
    Can someone please help me. i am curently trying to install CWrecovery 3.0.0.6 useing ROMtools but when i try to install it the phone hangs at the LG logo at reboot. and i have to pull the battery to get back to the OS
    can someone please tell me what im doing wrong.
    05-07-2011 07:54 PM
    What actually does this do? I'm new to this whole android-romming-hacking scene.
    05-07-2011 08:14 PM
    What actually does this do? I'm new to this whole android-romming-hacking scene.
    Rooting will allow you to do anything you want to your phone, but it also voids your warranty. Some of the main advantages are being able to load apps to your sdcard instead of internal memory so you wont run out of space, being able to modify the filesystem so as to incorporate various tweeks that help the system perform better, overclocking your CPU so everything runs smoother, the list goes on and on.

This ROM takes your OK phone, and turns it into a monster. With this ROM, you have settings out the wazoo, features that are not available in 2.2 ROMs, and a dev that is absolutely brilliant!

You can do 70% of what this ROM does with other ROMs combined with apps from the market, but why install extra apps when you can have it all built right in!

Note- Bluetooth headsets don't work for calls yet (nor wired headsets either I believe)
    05-07-2011 09:30 PM
    Rooting will allow you to do anything you want to your phone, but it also voids your warranty. Some of the main advantages are being able to load apps to your sdcard instead of internal memory so you wont run out of space, being able to modify the filesystem so as to incorporate various tweeks that help the system perform better, overclocking your CPU so everything runs smoother, the list goes on and on.

This ROM takes your OK phone, and turns it into a monster. With this ROM, you have settings out the wazoo, features that are not available in 2.2 ROMs, and a dev that is absolutely brilliant!

You can do 70% of what this ROM does with other ROMs combined with apps from the market, but why install extra apps when you can have it all built right in!

Note- Bluetooth headsets don't work for calls yet (nor wired headsets either I believe)
    Hm, I think I've made my decision on what rom I'm flashing *wink-wink*

also, Overclocking... what harm can it do?
    05-07-2011 10:22 PM
    You OC it too high and it burns the processor. (I believe). I think the high is around 806 MHz for the Optimus V? I have my max set at 768MHz though, i dont want to go to 806.
    Edit: Got this from a website
    Lots of things can happen when you overclock, which is why it is generally not recommended for most people.

The system could simply refuse to boot, or lock up, because everything is out of sync.
    The parts could be permanently damaged or destroyed by excess voltage / heat.
    The processor could literally catch fire (very rare).
    The system could run, apparently normally,but suffer unexplained crashes and errors.
    Though that is just if you go over what your supposed to. (Again, this is to my understanding, i believe this is right, someone please correct me if im wrong)
    05-07-2011 10:35 PM
    You OC it too high and it burns the processor. (I believe). I think the high is around 806 MHz for the Optimus V? I have my max set at 768MHz though, i dont want to go to 806.
    Edit: Got this from a website

Though that is just if you go over what your supposed to. (Again, this is to my understanding, i believe this is right, someone please correct me if im wrong)
    Well, whats the "Safe" Overclock? and how do you overclock?
    05-07-2011 10:54 PM
    Well, whats the "Safe" Overclock? and how do you overclock?
    Start in the 700's and test each setting up from there till it reboots. The one before it reboots is your max. Make sure to UNCHECK "Set at boot" when testing. Max is 864 for Optimus V, though yours may be different on your phone. My max is 825
    05-07-2011 11:05 PM
    Start in the 700's and test each setting up from there till it reboots. The one before it reboots is your max. Make sure to UNCHECK "Set at boot" when testing. Max is 864 for Optimus V, though yours may be different on your phone. My max is 825
    So you're saying that when you overclock too high, the phone will just reboot itself? Thats handy.
    Is overclocking in this ROMs settings?

[I kind of made a mini-thread inside this ROM's thread, I feel like an ***.]
    05-07-2011 11:13 PM
    Um, omg, i wish someone would answer my question, Is the UI slow and choppy for anyone else? my processor is clocked at 806 and its still slow and the animations are not smooth.
    05-07-2011 11:55 PM
1,740 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD