05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    So you're saying that when you overclock too high, the phone will just reboot itself? Thats handy.
    Is overclocking in this ROMs settings?

[I kind of made a mini-thread inside this ROM's thread, I feel like an ***.]
    I wouldn't worry, it's not the official aosp rom forum.

The settings are in the cyanogen settings section under Settings/Cyanogen/Performance.

It will reboot, but note, if you click set on reboot, you'll be in an endless reboot unless you have a nandroid backup.
    05-07-2011 11:03 PM
    Um, omg, i wish someone would answer my question, Is the UI slow and choppy for anyone else? my processor is clocked at 806 and its still slow and the animations are not smooth.
    Sorry, but i think you could figure out that since no one else is really posting about it that your problem is unique to you? Have you tried Wiping and flashing again? Mines running fine at 600MHz
    Edit: Try the steps in http://romrepo.info/wiki/index.php?t...evious_Version
    i saw in your other post you only wiped dalvik? Look in Romrepo, you might find some answers there or steps to take that could fix your problem.
    05-08-2011 12:00 AM
    Sorry, but i think you could figure out that since no one else is really posting about it that your problem is unique to you? Have you tried Wiping and flashing again? Mines running fine at 600MHz
    Edit: Try the steps in Install from a previous Version - ROMRepo
    i saw in your other post you only wiped dalvik? Look in Romrepo, you might find some answers there or steps to take that could fix your problem.
    You did something wrong, wipe and flash again.
    05-08-2011 12:37 AM
    Can someone please help me. i am curently trying to install CWrecovery 3.0.0.6 useing ROMtools but when i try to install it the phone hangs at the LG logo at reboot. and i have to pull the battery to get back to the OS
    can someone please tell me what im doing wrong.
    Had the same problem. I had to use another recovery. The CW posted by aosp On the 27 does not seem to work for me. All others are fine but not for this ROM. You need a version 3 or higher.
    05-08-2011 12:49 AM
    Once again, issue free update, keep up the good work aosp <3
    05-08-2011 12:59 AM
    It will reboot, but note, if you click set on reboot, you'll be in an endless reboot unless you have a nandroid backup.
    I'm a bit confused what you are saying here?

I've had set on reboot checked since day one with this ROM, and I change out my cheap chinese batteries once a day, no problems with booting or rebooting.

I run the interactive governor with 600min 787max set on boot, and I'm completely stable, and everything runs fast and smooth as silk.
    05-08-2011 02:17 AM
    I seem to be having problems with google maps navigation when I use voice or manually search for a place to go. It force closes. I never used nav on 2.3.. I'm not bashing the rom because of an app error btw, just trying to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-08-2011 02:35 AM
    there is an update ..? dose it fix the camera zoom issue .. ?
    05-08-2011 03:19 AM
    I'm a bit confused what you are saying here?

I've had set on reboot checked since day one with this ROM, and I change out my cheap chinese batteries once a day, no problems with booting or rebooting.

I run the interactive governor with 600min 787max set on boot, and I'm completely stable, and everything runs fast and smooth as silk.
    Because you didn't read my previous post correctly. I said it happens if you set it too high for your phone.

05-08-2011 03:26 AM
    there is an update ..? dose it fix the camera zoom issue .. ?
    no update as of yet. He's working on the .39 kernel and 2.3.4.
    JerryScript likes this.
    05-08-2011 08:48 AM
    I wouldn't worry, it's not the official aosp rom forum.

The settings are in the cyanogen settings section under Settings/Cyanogen/Performance.

Very informative. Thank you
    05-08-2011 08:51 AM
    Um, omg, i wish someone would answer my question, Is the UI slow and choppy for anyone else? my processor is clocked at 806 and its still slow and the animations are not smooth.
    I've been having similar results. I'm at 806 and I'm not really sure how to define slow and choppy but I can say that the UI on this ROM is slower than froyo for me (at default clock speed) All around froyo seems much faster to respond. On CM7 I often notice a lot of lag with the notification bar pull down, yet it is very smooth on froyo.

I tried switching to Xionia 014 and there might be a slight improvement, but not much. I think it's slower because we're running unofficial 2.3 gingerbread with unofficial drivers and such.
    The froyo source was designed to work officially with this phone so it should be faster.

I think the slight lack of speed is balanced with all the improvements of 2.3 and the awesome extra features of CM7.

Hopefully we will someday get the 2.3 update from LG so that CM7 can run smoother on our phones.

Until then if you want better UI speed I would go with froyo + custom kernel or turn up the animation speed in the spare parts app.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    05-08-2011 11:23 AM
    I just recently came back to this rom after 2 months of whoring around other roms. There's a massive improvement from when I last used it. Battery life isn't horrid anymore, I don't have ui lag. My one and only complaint..which is kinda big, I just switched to better keyboard 8 and I type rlly fast, so when I do an email, or type multiple fast texts, the screen freezes on the KB screen and nothing works unless I do a reboot.
    I'm aware of the fragments in my last sentence.

05-08-2011 11:47 AM
    So you're saying that when you overclock too high, the phone will just reboot itself? Thats handy.
    Is overclocking in this ROMs settings?

[I kind of made a mini-thread inside this ROM's thread, I feel like an ***.]
    All of these custom roms can be overclocked get set cpu to do it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-08-2011 12:02 PM
    This one has it built-in

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-08-2011 12:15 PM
    Exactly, But for me like window animations are just plan horrid to look at. As if the UI isnt being accelerated by the graphics card. And i have to be doing something wrong because others are reporting that it runs perfectly smooth and they have no problems. even scrolling in market lags :/
    05-08-2011 12:40 PM
    Exactly, But for me like window animations are just plan horrid to look at. As if the UI isnt being accelerated by the graphics card. And i have to be doing something wrong because others are reporting that it runs perfectly smooth and they have no problems. even scrolling in market lags :/
    If you're overclocked, maybe try it at 600mhz? Although I don't see why it wouldn't run smooth at higher mhz since it does for most.

Does anyone know what happened to the multiple themes in theme chooser? When I last tried this rom, there were about 3-4 themes, now its only one.
    05-08-2011 01:03 PM
    If you're overclocked, maybe try it at 600mhz? Although I don't see why it wouldn't run smooth at higher mhz since it does for most.

Does anyone know what happened to the multiple themes in theme chooser? When I last tried this rom, there were about 3-4 themes, now its only one.
    I think I may have found a solution to the slight UI lag. Try this, go to Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Performance > uncheck the "Enable Surface Dithering" option. Then reboot the phone. The graphics will look /slightly/ worse there is an increase in speed/smoothness.

I believe the themes were removed because the rom dev wants this rom to be more Android vanilla style while maintaining the CM base. Same thing with the CM wallpapers and boot animation.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    05-08-2011 01:26 PM
    Is there a way to skin the dialer without changing my current theme? The grey lines really throw me off. I am looking for a vanilla froyo dialer.
    05-09-2011 12:15 AM
    UI lag? How about getting all the functions of the phone stable first? Turn off animations in spare parts or set them to fast :P. LG has screwy adds to the AOSP coding to deal with..i.e. MMS. Even G2X (Cyanogen himself) /2X devs have had fun fixing the LG screw ups. aosp (OV dev) is only 1 guy...and unfortunately has a life So patience will have to be a virtue until he fixes or LG drops source for GB/updated libs
    05-09-2011 06:55 AM
    UI lag? How about getting all the functions of the phone stable first? Turn off animations in spare parts or set them to fast :P. LG has screwy adds to the AOSP coding to deal with..i.e. MMS. Even G2X (Cyanogen himself) /2X devs have had fun fixing the LG screw ups. aosp (OV dev) is only 1 guy...and unfortunately has a life So patience will have to be a virtue until he fixes or LG drops source for GB/updated libs
    Meh cant please em all.

If your experiencing UI lag I highly suggest backing up and wiping everything and reinstalling.
    Then One by one reinstall each app and play with the phone a bit between each install.
    I would almost be willing to bet you have a app that is taking over the phone.
    Initially I had horrible experience with asop and some functions.
    Then I realized it was a app I had installed. Dont remember which one now.
    But it only gave me problems with the asop rom. Zefie's rom was fine.
    05-09-2011 09:59 AM
    I experience UI lag only for a couple of minutes after startup. I'm pretty sure it's ADWLauncher, which will often give me a FC or Wait option about 1 1/2 minutes into it's startup. I press wait, and 5-10 seconds later it is fully loaded and snappy as can be.

Zeam is supposed to be faster, but I've got my phone the way I want it with ADW, and I don't mind waiting through a 2-3 minute startup, since everything is smooth as silk afterwards.
    05-09-2011 10:41 AM
    Just wondering what is up with bluetooth on this device.

I pair my phone to my Nook Color for internet connection purposes (i.e., my inexpensive "iPad 3G" alternative), and every time I do the pairing, it says "Paired but not connected". How do I make a connection happen?

And, wondering whether DUN and PAN profiles are included in the bluetooth source for this device.

Thanks in advance for any information.
    05-09-2011 10:50 AM
    Just wondering what is up with bluetooth on this device.

I pair my phone to my Nook Color for internet connection purposes (i.e., my inexpensive "iPad 3G" alternative), and every time I do the pairing, it says "Paired but not connected". How do I make a connection happen?

And, wondering whether DUN and PAN profiles are included in the bluetooth source for this device.

Thanks in advance for any information.
    Press and hold the device listed under bluetooth and a pop menu may have "connect" in it but otherwise u need to use the nook to start the connection.
    05-09-2011 10:55 AM
    Press and hold the device listed under bluetooth and a pop menu may have "connect" in it but otherwise u need to use the nook to start the connection.
    Tried that from both the Nook Color AND the Optimus V (after pairing); Neither worked (which makes me wonder if bluetooth is completely working on this ROM). Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Other thoughts?
    05-09-2011 11:32 AM
1,740 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD