05-01-2012 01:03 AM
1,740 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    I tried to update last night but it kept failing so the download must have been jacked. Do we have to reinstall everything with the new update or can we flash over like old updates?
    How do you perform a flash over? Recovery mode and then straight to flash zip?
    05-17-2011 07:46 AM
    Well unless it was something was missed I can also report that the camera does not work. Is there a camera.apk than can be installed over the stock?
    Edit: I will do another wipe and try a fresh install..
    Wiped and fresh installed, no dice if anyone does have any advice let me know otherwise I'm going to revert back to 2.3.3.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-17-2011 08:42 AM
    Well unless it was something was missed I can also report that the camera does not work. Is there a camera.apk than can be installed over the stock?
    Edit: I will do another wipe and try a fresh install..

It really doesn't work. You can make it partially work, if you turn off pre-focus and assign snap button to search button
    05-17-2011 08:56 AM
    It really doesn't work. You can make it partially work, if you turn off pre-focus and assign snap button to search button
    I will give that a whirl
    Ya I tried it I was able to get a decent snap shot. I cannot record tho so if I can find a third party app for it then I will stay with this rom. (Noticed a nice change in battery life)

05-17-2011 08:59 AM
    When I update will I lose my apps and settings?

05-17-2011 09:06 AM
    Well the apps that you bought on the market will still be linked to your email and those that you bought thru 3rd party will be on your SD card( I think) and you will have to redo all user settings.. But that's the beauty of doing customs on your phone

05-17-2011 09:11 AM
    I don't use da android market

05-17-2011 09:18 AM
    System Alarm clock force closing.

Bypass: install free Alarm clock plus from market.
    05-17-2011 09:35 AM
    System Alarm clock force closing.

Bypass: install free Alarm clock plus from market.
    confirm this problem..i might go back to the last version...
    05-17-2011 09:47 AM
    i digg the new recovery
    05-17-2011 09:50 AM
    i digg the new recovery
    what is the new recovery?
    05-17-2011 09:50 AM
    I'm still on the previous version, 2.3.3, because I don't see any reason to upgrade since there's no fixes. But, I'm having a couple small issues. First, sometimes when I go home from an app, the screen is blank until I swipe to the side. Second, when I enable the gps with the toggle, the icon appears in the notification bar, then when I disable the gps it doesn't go away. It's disabled, but the icon never goes away. Any fixes for this?

Also, do I have to have this recovery to update, or can I still use CWM and just flash the rom?
    05-17-2011 11:58 AM
    hmm...not sure if i'll be downloading this update or not. i use the camera quite a bit. i might wait for 2.3.5 when the new bugs are fixed.

is the phone that much faster with the update?
    05-17-2011 01:10 PM
    Just flashed the new update and it works great. Aosp took out the physical keyboard settings so no need to reopen the keyboard when u change to landscape. Way to go aosp. Fyi just change the camera button to take with up, down or home button to get the cam to work. I will do testing on THE BT later. But it does seem faster tho keep it up aosp!!!!

05-17-2011 01:17 PM
    Reading the XDA forum, a few people are still having issues with BT. So I will hold off on trying this new rom.
    05-17-2011 01:22 PM
    so let's say i do decide to give this new ROM a whirl, do i need to wipe everything or just the cache and dalvik cache? i don't know if i really want to go through the trouble of restoring all of my apps for this update or not.
    05-17-2011 02:27 PM
    I always wipe cache and dalvik cache when flashing a new ROM. No need to factory reset or format mounts though.

For those who want to stick with this build, you can fix the deskclock alarm by swapping the older build's DeskClock.apk, I wrote instrutctions here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

To use the camera, open it and press your menu button, then select Advanced Options, uncheck everything, then check one or more of the snap picture using volume up/down or search buttons. You will not be able to use the special pre-focus, but you will be able to take pictures.
    05-17-2011 02:54 PM
    I always wipe cache and dalvik cache when flashing a new ROM. No need to factory reset or format mounts though.

For those who want to stick with this build, you can fix the deckclock alarm by swapping the older build's DeskClock.apk, I wrote instrutctions here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

To use the camera, open it and press your menu button, then select Advanced Options, uncheck everything, then check one or more of the snap picture using volume up/down or search buttons. You will not be able to use the special pre-focus, but you will be able to take pictures.
    thanks again Jerry, so no need to wipe all data as if i was going from Stock to a new Rom?
    05-17-2011 03:16 PM
    Jerry, just to confirm then, I don't need to completely wipe the data like I would if I were flashing a new Rom from Stock?
    05-17-2011 03:53 PM
    That's is right ^

05-17-2011 04:11 PM
    Just wanted to report that I flashed the Google apps found in ROM Manager and I didn't have the "slide hardware keyboard" message when I tried to sign in to Google.

Possible bug fix?

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    05-17-2011 04:33 PM
    Jerry, just to confirm then, I don't need to completely wipe the data like I would if I were flashing a new Rom from Stock?
    Normally, I would say yes, and that is how I did it this time. However, I'm waiting to hear if someone who does a complete factory reset and wipes eveyrthing, if their camera and deskclock will work.

If that makes no difference, then yes, you can just wipe cache and dalvik cache, but always do a nandroid backup first.
    05-17-2011 04:43 PM
    You should update this thread. AOSP has released an new version 05-16-11 Android 2.3.4
    05-17-2011 05:07 PM
    just wondering how do I flash an .img file instead of the zip. I currently use thunderC
    05-17-2011 05:44 PM
    Don't flash img types in recovery. That is usually a recovery itself that you flash with adb, terminal or romtools

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-17-2011 06:12 PM
1,740 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD