05-01-2012 01:03 AM
1,740 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    well, I took my battery out and it still didn't reboot, I will wait it out a bit longer, thanks, been 10 min now
    Yeah, wait a bit, if that dosent work try wiping and re-flashing, thats all i can think of right now..
    05-19-2011 12:34 AM
    Is it just me, or did this new release bring back the terrible battery issue?
    05-19-2011 12:35 AM
    Yeah, wait a bit, if that dosent work try wiping and re-flashing, thats all i can think of right now..
    How do I do that again, thanks
    05-19-2011 12:36 AM
    Is it just me, or did this new release bring back the terrible battery issue?
    I had my phone all day today on the new release, it seems like normal, i leave at 6:30 am ish (PST), and right now its at 23% so im not really noticing a difference.

Zatler: Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache, and flash the zip again
    05-19-2011 12:37 AM
    I had my phone all day today on the new release, it seems like normal, i leave at 6:30 am ish (PST), and right now its at 23% so im not really noticing a difference.

Zatler: Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache, and flash the zip again
    yea, I cant even get into recovery mode, it's just stuck on the android screen, i usually just hold down power button and reboot into recovery mode, but holding down power button doesnt do anything now.
    05-19-2011 12:40 AM
    yea, I cant even get into recovery mode, it's just stuck on the android screen, i usually just hold down power button and reboot into recovery mode, but holding down power button doesnt do anything now.
    Have you tried powering down, and pressing Vol Down+Home+Power?

Edit: You let go of them when the splash screen comes up, i think
    05-19-2011 12:41 AM
    Have you tried powering down, and pressing Vol Down+Home+Power?

Edit: You let go of them when the splash screen comes up, i think
    Yea, I did that, still stuck, nothing happens
    05-19-2011 12:44 AM
    Yea, I did that, still stuck, nothing happens
    Theres two other things you might be able to do, not sure if safe mode will even work.. I cant really help you with emergency though, i've never needed it so i dont know much about it. Sorry i am not able to help any futher

Boot into Emergency Mode:

Power off.
    Plug in the USB cable and wait for the charging screen to come on.
    Hold the Return Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button at the same time.
    Release when you first see the LG logo.

Boot into Safe Mode:

Power off.
    Hold the Menu Button and the Power Button at the same time.
    Release only after ALL of the boot animations have finished.
    You should see "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner of the screen.

There is also some instructions here http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...tml#post850501 read the stuff in red though, im not sure if you can get into the shell. Just ask around some more about it before following those steps, not sure if that will absolutely fix it.
    05-19-2011 12:55 AM
    So does anyone have a fix for the clock that doesn't require me to reflash 2.3.3, copy the old deskclock.apk, then flash 2.3.4, and then install it?
    Sorry, thought I posted a link to the instructions already, the 2.3.3 DeskClock.apk is attached to the bottom of the post:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

Some people have also had success just installing the older apk over the newer one, others have used a root uninstaller to remove the new one first. Pick your poison!
    05-19-2011 01:31 AM
    i took the easy way out and installed "Alarmdroid", which i like much better than the stock alarm clock, lol!

for whatever reason, my camera works fine without making modifications.

all in all, i can tell that this ROM makes my phone faster. not sure about all the tech stuff behind it. it would be nice to have a release log of some sort with these updates, but can you really complain? it's free.
    05-19-2011 07:20 AM
    Does anyone else have issues with Lookout Mobile Security?
    On my phone the alarm wont activate until I open the app manually or it also activates the alarm after reboot.

I just wanted to check first before I contact Lookout support as it may be a ROM issue.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    05-19-2011 09:06 AM
    Why do u use lookout? You honestly don't need it. It just takes up CPU.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-19-2011 10:20 AM
    People here bragging about battery life. My battery is going down 10% in 2hours doing nothing . For me it is much worse than 2.3.3 . Is it just me or anybody else?

Also gmail doesn't push, I have to refresh by clicking.

Bluetooth improved sound but mic doesnt work.

Wired phones : mic is borked now, listening only.

Camera prefocus is borked.

Alarm clock force closing.

Looks like its more stable. It doesn't force closing random apps often like before. In 3 days just 1x browser. Before it was 10x a day.

05-19-2011 10:37 AM
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this (I'm at work and can't read all this) but my camera takes picture and works fine if I turn off the Auto Focus.

Also my video recording works fine regardless.

EDIT: Alarm Clock is working fine too. I only wiped cache and dalvik.

EDIT AGAIN: Alarms weren't working, I was being dumb. While trying you fix that I completely borked everything, so I had to format and reflash the ROM onto a blank phone. That broke my previously working video recorder. Only thing I can think of is that I hadn't done a format/factory reset since 4/11. Every time I upgraded the ROM I just flashed it over the old version.
    05-19-2011 11:02 AM

Umm, Loss of Device?
    Tbh I could care less about the app scanning.

And how much CPU?

I know someone who's phone got stolen, then dropped and stolen again and they couldn't find it without a locator app.

Point is I think it's better than nothing if you need to find a device.

05-19-2011 02:03 PM

As mentioned installing lookout for the locating features alone is worth it.
    Plan B is nice but recently on reddit somebody lost their phone and used plan b.
    It narrowed it to a eight block radious of his house.

Plan B doesnt allow you to make your phone yelp.
    Lookout does.
    05-19-2011 03:59 PM
    My battery has been on for 13 hours and is at 75%
    05-19-2011 04:02 PM
    Yeah I agree. My Battery got way better! I can now say that my battery lasts as long as 2.2 ROMs. Too bad Camera is (Kind of) broken and alarm is too.
    05-19-2011 05:08 PM
    I went back to 427 until the camera gets sorted out.
    05-19-2011 05:12 PM
    As mentioned installing lookout for the locating features alone is worth it.
    Plan B is nice but recently on reddit somebody lost their phone and used plan b.
    It narrowed it to a eight block radious of his house.

Plan B doesnt allow you to make your phone yelp.
    Lookout does.
    Okay back on topic, is anyone else having issues with Lookout as stated in my quote?
    On my phone the alarm wont activate until I open the app manually or it also activates the alarm after reboot.

I just wanted to check first before I contact Lookout support as it may be a ROM issue.

EDIT: I'm going to flash stock to test if this is an AOSP related issue.

05-19-2011 06:05 PM
    hey guys well i just added the new rom and everthing i did would crash ! cam app and music everything ! can i ask how would i upgrade ? becasue i want this rom but having major issues after installing it .... and i asked a few weeks ago dont remember where but can i do a factory reset ? someone told me that was a bad idea !

just a side note fore some reason i cant jump into recovery mode while holding the hard buttons only through the system (hold power>reboot>recovery>ok ) that should not happen right .. ? can i fix it .. ?
    05-19-2011 10:27 PM
    Do not do a factory reset using the privacy menu options. If you do you stand an excellent chance of bricking your phone. Your best bet is to go into your recovery and wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. Then to be safe you can go to mounts and storage and format boot, system, data and cache. This should clean everything up and et you ready to do a clean install of your new rom.
    05-20-2011 01:35 AM
    Okay back on topic, is anyone else having issues with Lookout as stated in my quote?

EDIT: I'm going to flash stock to test if this is an AOSP related issue.

FINAL CONCLUSION: Lookout Mobile Security Does Not Function Properly with this ROM. I uninstalled Lookout yesterday and my battery life increased about 2x!

05-20-2011 02:17 PM
    I just noticed that the camera doesn't work at all, not that i care lol, but anyone got any possible fixes?
    05-20-2011 05:12 PM

No battery issues running Lookout here. Battery last as long as usual.
    05-20-2011 05:13 PM
1,740 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD