05-01-2012 01:03 AM
1,740 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    hello, noobie here. my ROM manager is having a problem when i try to access the list of ROMs. I keep getting this... "error occured while downloading developer list" does anyone know how to fix this or how i can flash the ROM manually using CWM? I know how to flash a .zip but i dont know what the gapps .zip is for and dont know how i flash the .img file. thanks for any help
    06-04-2011 06:31 PM
    gapps file is for the google apps like maps, gmail, etc, usually flashed after flashing a new rom in recovery mode. If you are rooted, and have followed the Dropbox pictures several pages back in this thread on how to use Rom Manager, the "Error occured while downloading developer list" is because Rom Manager isn't finalized yet for our LG Optimus V, give it some time
    06-04-2011 07:15 PM
    Backup/recovery and flashing clockwork in rom manager works only downfall menu button in recovery does not work have to use camera button to let everyone know

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-04-2011 07:31 PM
    Optimus V CWM recovery didn't back up my ext3 partition, it skipped it.
    Anyone else experience that?
    06-04-2011 08:37 PM
    The most obvious reason would be that you don't have one, but I'm not sure whether or not you've set one up. If you have, I don't know why that message would appear. But I always get that message because I haven't made an ext3 partition.
    06-04-2011 09:39 PM
    mine said that. i ignored it.

a day later the time came to see if that restore file would actually work or if that message meant it was corrupted.

turns out it worked fine.

that message must be becuase you didnt set up a ext3 partition (like a partition on the SD for apps) becuase i didnt have that either
    06-04-2011 10:10 PM
    "Optimus V" IS NOW AN OPTION UNDER Flash ClockworkMod Recovery!!1!
    Our phone now has OFFICIAL FULL Rom Manager support.
    I just flashed the latest recovery from rom manager.

Edit: The recovery button mapping is changed. I believe camera is enter. Volume is up/down and back is back. Any other button seems to hide the menu.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    06-04-2011 10:37 PM
    "Optimus V" IS NOW AN OPTION UNDER Flash ClockworkMod Recovery!!1!
    Our phone now has OFFICIAL FULL Rom Manager support.
    I just flashed the latest recovery from rom manager.

Edit: The recovery button mapping is changed. I believe camera is enter. Volume is up/down and back is back. Any other button seems to hide the menu.

I posted that 6 hours ago under my other account but its good to remind people lol

06-04-2011 10:54 PM
    Is there any particular advantage to using the newer version of CWM? I'm assuming you need it for ROM Manager?

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk
    06-04-2011 11:23 PM
    this is such good news. makes it so much easier to flash this rom to new phones
    06-04-2011 11:43 PM
    this is such good news. makes it so much easier to flash this rom to new phones
    lol thats not what everyone thinks tbh. Though I've been wanting rom manager support since I got this phone. Anyway it's a step closer to getting possible official CM support someday when it does happen.

06-05-2011 01:01 AM
    mine said that. i ignored it.

a day later the time came to see if that restore file would actually work or if that message meant it was corrupted.

turns out it worked fine.

that message must be becuase you didnt set up a ext3 partition (like a partition on the SD for apps) becuase i didnt have that either
    I use ext 3 with mine and I got the error. there is no way it actually backed it up with how fast it went by to the md5 check

06-05-2011 02:15 AM
    dbug thank you so much for helping me ! i got it to work and love it .. i really, really, appreciate all your hard work!
    06-05-2011 02:38 AM
    Anyone having luck with being able to download the rom list in rom manager yet? Still says error occurred while downloading list..
    06-05-2011 04:16 AM
    Anyone having luck with being able to download the rom list in rom manager yet? Still says error occurred while downloading list..
    I read somewhere that free users cannot download roms on weekends. only weekdays.

premium users get access to the roms anytime.

well find out monday wont we
    06-05-2011 04:19 AM
    I have premium and get the same thing because there are no Roms in rom manager yet for the v since its been added.

06-05-2011 04:24 AM
    I purchased Rom Manager when i had a rooted Droid last year...interesting, i'm not getting anything still, can anyone who has premium Rom Manager verify?

^^^ Oh never mind, thanks Wrath
    06-05-2011 04:36 AM
    I purchased Rom Manager when i had a rooted Droid last year...interesting, i'm not getting anything still, can anyone who has premium Rom Manager verify?

^^^ Oh never mind, thanks Wrath
    No problem. The reason nothing is there I think is that possibly (correct me if I'm wrong) is that aosp has to resubmit the rom to clockwork to put on the network to the optimus v and take it off the optimus one. Im only assuming.

06-05-2011 04:55 AM
    I found this Dropbox - Photos - Simplify your life and now i can download using rom manger.

Update
    If I follow the pic above, once the download is complete and the phone will not reboot into recovery mode to flash the rom. If install recovery as optimus v then the recovery will work but the rom download will not install.
    06-05-2011 09:36 AM
    No problem. The reason nothing is there I think is that possibly (correct me if I'm wrong) is that aosp has to resubmit the rom to clockwork to put on the network to the optimus v and take it off the optimus one. Im only assuming.

that would be correct yes.
    06-05-2011 12:45 PM
    that would be correct yes.
    Thanks dburg for verifying

06-05-2011 02:35 PM
    Now u have to buy Rom Manager Kuz its under Premiuim :/
    06-05-2011 07:58 PM
    Now u have to buy Rom Manager Kuz its under Premiuim :/
    Its in premium only on weekends

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-05-2011 08:03 PM
    Its in premium only on weekends

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    I know this is sort of off topic but is premium required to flash the official CyanogenMod ROMs for supported devices during the weekend?

06-05-2011 09:34 PM
    Do the same people that port also to the OV also make ROM manager? I'm all for supporting the dev but the app only made things more difficult IMO. Hopefully it will still get uploaded somewhere for people to download...
    06-05-2011 10:27 PM
1,740 ... 5253545556 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD