ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have that clock issue, and what jerryScript said, worked.
I noticed Fancy Widget skins don't show.
And the clock app FCs when I open it.
Plus, Browser randomly FCs, It did it while I was trying to post this last time.

If I notice more problems, ill post them.

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I would think that the devs will fix the camera/clock bugs soon enough. I use my camera quite a bit and use all the advanced features as well so I cannot switch over yet, however I did like the substantial increase in battery life so I am pumped about the next update but until then 2.3.3 is great for me! :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

RyanGHappy

May 22, 2011
Visit site
After seeing videos of this ROM running on an Optimus V, I knew I had finally found a reason to root it. Perhaps its just advances in "one-click root" software, but this phone was WAAAY easier to root than the Intercept was. So far, I'm really loving it. The camera/clock/browser bugs are a tad bit annoying, but nothing worth going back to stock over. I've overclocked to about 768, and I can tell a difference in apps that could use a tad more speed. I've not really noticed much difference in battery drain, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was slightly worse because of the higher CPU clock.

I'm not sure if this has been reported already, but this ROM fixes a bug in the unofficial netflix app on Optimus V's where it showed an annoying green bar while viewing videos.

One question, though: Is it just Gingerbread or some sort of specialized add-on this rom has for the "move app to SD card" option? Compared to Virgin Mobile's stock froyo, this version really moves more of the apps to the SD card, which really helps saving on space. I'd not really heard anyone mention how much better this ROM does with moving stuff to the SD card, so it was definitely a pleasant surprise.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Many of the tweaks for moving to sd card have been baked into this ROM, just one of it's advantages.

Haven't expericenced any browser bugs, so I don't know if that's a ROM issue or not.

RyanGHappy

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I get the occasional FC with the browser, just like was reported in a few posts above me. Its nothing major, and doesn't happen very often, but will happen sometimes when first opening up the app after awhile. Hell, it could be something related to my overclock (although no other apps FC at the higher clock speeds).

Oh, and one more thing to add about this ROM (or any other custom ROM if you think about it), you can actually use an up-to-date version of swype! The way virgin mobile blindly added an early version of a beta application like swype without the ability to update is completely idiotic. Swype is a good app, but the one shipping with the Optimus V had way worse prediction of words than the newest version does.

Last edited:

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Cool part is the fact that with my nanroid backup of my all setup reborn rom 2.1 I can make a backup, wipe my phone and install cm7 with netflix to watch netflix, and then flash it back. (or just use my laptop)

***cue upward thrusts***

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you're updating from the previous build, no, you can just backup then wipe cache and dalvik cache and install the new ROM.

If you're installing from a non aospCM7 ROM, you should use the latest aospCWMod for the OV posted on twitter.

Yep, looks like they had to revert to some previous apks to get everything to work with the framework. Thanks again for all the hard work devs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke