05-01-2012 12:03 AM
1,740 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    Eollie I feel for you and your lack of understanding the difference between fact and opinion. An opinion, by definition, cannot fail.

That being said I see jerry helping more people than most so usually when he speaks you should probably listen.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-16-2011 09:54 AM
    I think Jerry might have an obsesive little crush on aosp. Calm down, your all over this forum and xda snapping at everyone who has something negative to say. You said aosp has a life, maybe you should get one too, its Not healthy to obsess over a phone
    and I would call aosp good, but definitely not bleeding edge
    You are right, I need to take a step back for a while.
    06-16-2011 11:04 AM
    You are right, I need to take a step back for a while.
    LOL

Sent via Tapatalk using a LG Optumis V with AOSP CM7
    06-16-2011 01:25 PM
    Thanks for the updates over the past months. The ROM works nice not perfect but thats what this work is all about. I found a bug or I guess its more a lose of a feature but whatever. I used to be able to browse the Android Market on my PC and click the install button and the app would start downloading to my phone. Well that doesn't seem to work anymore. Its no big deal just something I noticed.
    06-16-2011 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the updates over the past months. The ROM works nice not perfect but thats what this work is all about. I found a bug or I guess its more a lose of a feature but whatever. I used to be able to browse the Android Market and click the install button and the app would start downloading to my phone. Well that doesn't seem to work anymore. Its no big deal just something I noticed.
    I think I saw a solution on xda, but their search isn't working right now, and I can't find the post.
    since I rarely use the market I'm afraid I can't help, myself. (my V is gapps-free, unless I want the market, when I nandroid backup, use the gapps, copy my downloads from /data/app to sdcard, and restore the backup)
    I seem to recall there was a file somewhere in /data which needs deleted, then a reboot forces the device to rebuild the file.
    06-16-2011 04:02 PM
    had this ROM For 2 weeks now, awesome so far, very happy.

Thanks everyone
    06-16-2011 06:47 PM
    I think I saw a solution on xda, but their search isn't working right now, and I can't find the post.
    since I rarely use the market I'm afraid I can't help, myself. (my V is gapps-free, unless I want the market, when I nandroid backup, use the gapps, copy my downloads from /data/app to sdcard, and restore the backup)
    I seem to recall there was a file somewhere in /data which needs deleted, then a reboot forces the device to rebuild the file.
    Sorry I messed up by not including that I meant when I was browsing the Android Market from my PC.
    06-16-2011 07:50 PM
    Eollie I feel for you and your lack of understanding the difference between fact and opinion. An opinion, by definition, cannot fail.

That being said I see jerry helping more people than most so usually when he speaks you should probably listen.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    The only person not having a grasp on understanding is you.
    I quoted you twice and you still tried to worm your way out.

I also never said your opinion was fact, I did call you out on it.As really it is wrong on so many levels. But you cant see it because you dont want to admit you were/are wrong.

But continue to tell people that are whiners because they aren't telling somebody they are the bomb diggity for a rom they cant put on their phone. Ya know that is what you did Ive got you quoted twice saying it. Yet somehow you FAIL to realize your own words are what is making your posts full of failure.

Regarding listening to Jerry...I have not once said aSOP didnt deserve the appreciation people are giving. Rather I have said the opposite. My beef isnt with asop, its with you calling people names for expressing their displeasure with the method of obtaining the newest rom. Then saying they shoudl basically stfu and tell him he is the bomb-diggity for releasing this rom.
    06-18-2011 02:49 AM
    Ah cognitive dissonance.

"I hate the way the rom was distributed but I love the rom."

People have a hard time realizing critical statements are not outright attacks because of cognitive dissonance.

Anyways, I appreciate all the work and I think being critical helps the developer instead of trying to e-knight for him. You can show your appreciation by trying to solve the problem but after that you aren't doing anyone any justice.

Myself, I have switched back to 5/23 as its most stable for what I need it for and I look forward to new releases.
    06-18-2011 03:40 AM
    Ok is the 601 build back to no mms? If I download it from rom manager is it as good as previous builds?
    06-18-2011 07:37 AM
    Ok is the 601 build back to no mms? If I download it from rom manager is it as good as previous builds?
    No MMS on 601 release yet. I'm still concern about that too.
    06-18-2011 11:08 AM
    Ah cognitive dissonance.

"I hate the way the rom was distributed but I love the rom."

People have a hard time realizing critical statements are not outright attacks because of cognitive dissonance.

Anyways, I appreciate all the work and I think being critical helps the developer instead of trying to e-knight for him. You can show your appreciation by trying to solve the problem but after that you aren't doing anyone any justice.

Myself, I have switched back to 5/23 as its most stable for what I need it for and I look forward to new releases.
    Thank you, I knew there was a proper term for this. I just couldnt get it figured out.
    06-18-2011 11:16 AM
    No MMS on 601 release yet. I'm still concern about that too.
    mine works just fine.
    try the version linked in this post on the xda thread.
    supposedly there is a messed-up version out there and it looks like you all got it.
    06-18-2011 01:56 PM
    Anyone have link2sd error? I get device or resource busy error
    06-18-2011 06:47 PM
    The ROMs in ROM Manager are accessible by following the same path as you find when downloading them to your sdcard in the clockworkmod/download folder:

sdcard/clockworkmod/download/romshare.deployfu.com/downloads/322/225/aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip

equals

http://romshare.clockworkmod.com/322...601-signed.zip

If you want to use ROM Manager, once it opens press your menu key and select Manual Flash Override
    Press OK
    Select Optimus One (it's about 2/3 down just above a group of HTCs)
    Don't select Optimus V!!!
    Select ClockworkMod 3.x
    Press OK
    Select Download ROM
    Select aosp (don't worry about the date yet)
    Select the MMSFIXED version
    Select Download
    Select Cancel at ROM Pre-Installation
    Use a file manager and look in the above mentioned directories, yours may be a bit different, but they should be pretty much the same.
    06-18-2011 09:19 PM
    The ROMs in ROM Manager are accessible by following the same path as you find when downloading them to your sdcard in the clockworkmod/download folder:

sdcard/clockworkmod/download/romshare.deployfu.com/downloads/322/225/aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip

equals

http://romshare.clockworkmod.com/322...601-signed.zip

If you want to use ROM Manager, once it opens press your menu key and select Manual Flash Override
    Press OK
    Select Optimus One (it's about 2/3 down just above a group of HTCs)
    Don't select Optimus V!!!
    Select ClockworkMod 3.x
    Press OK
    Select Download ROM
    Select aosp (don't worry about the date yet)
    Select the MMSFIXED version
    Select Download
    Select Cancel at ROM Pre-Installation
    Use a file manager and look in the above mentioned directories, yours may be a bit different, but they should be pretty much the same.
    Ding ding ding!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    06-18-2011 11:41 PM
    With the update, I don't see the Optimus One. All I see is Optimus V
    06-19-2011 02:34 AM
    With the update, I don't see the Optimus One. All I see is Optimus V
    This is the same problem I've been having as well. So, posting these tips on using ROM Manager are really no help at all. I even tried installing a previous version and now it tells you to update it first before downloading a ROM.
    06-19-2011 09:11 AM
    These instructions work for me on ROM Manager 4.3.2.3, what version do you have that doesn't show the Optimus One? The Optimus V is 7 up from the bottom, The Optimus One is 30 up from that, or 37 up from the bottom.

The main reason for my post was to show the direct link, I just thought I would throw in the instructions for good measure.
    06-19-2011 09:43 AM
    I have the same version, but I only have 9 phones to choose from when I do the manual flash override. Is it because I only have the free version of ROM Manager?
    06-19-2011 10:23 AM
    I have the same version, but I only have 9 phones to choose from when I do the manual flash override. Is it because I only have the free version of ROM Manager?
    Try uninstalling then re-installing. It's a pita, but you have to do that with some apps occaissionally.
    06-19-2011 10:33 AM
    If you're not currently running AOSP, it only displays 9 phones(one of them being Optimus V, but not the Optimus One). With AOSP it displays...well MUCH much more.
    06-19-2011 01:57 PM
    Lol so it's a catch 22. I haven't been able to install it, it just loads into the boot screen and won't go past.
    06-19-2011 02:26 PM
    Lol so it's a catch 22. I haven't been able to install it, it just loads into the boot screen and won't go past.
    Which is why I posted the direct link to the ROM via romshare.deployfu.com
    06-19-2011 06:38 PM
    punkmaxx justed posted a flashable zip at xda that installs the older camera apk and libraries so that auto focus is fixed and works with barcode scanner.

Wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the camera fix zip:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

Edit: He just posted the ROM with the fix for those who want a one step install.
    Now we just have the BT, headset, and camera zoom issues (and a possible wifi bug, though it's hard to reproduce)
    06-19-2011 11:00 PM
1,740 ... 5758596061 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD